Source: http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858626911

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keane to sell instant live CDs to beat the bootleggers

Last updated at 17:14pm on 11th October 2006 commentIconSm.gif

KeanePA_228x140.jpgCDs: Keane will press CDs of their live gigs within minutes of coming off stage

enlarge.gif

Pop band Keane are firing the opening salvo in a new battle against bootleggers.

They are to sell CD recordings of their gigs only 10 minutes after they come off stage - in a bid to counter illegal recordings.

A limited run of 1,000 CDs will be sold per gig to fans leaving the venue by their label Island Records. A spokeswoman for the band said: "The CDs will be recorded, mixed and mastered in real time, backstage after the gigs, and then pressed and sold to fans in the lobby as they leave."

Recent statistics show that while illegal downloads are a major concern, physical music piracy lost the music industry about £165 million last year.

Keane play the Alexandra Palace on 26 and 27 October.

I pre-ordered mine to arrive by the post as I doubt I'll be able to hang around for long after the gig in manchester next week. Its such a cool thing to do! Especially as its my first keane live experience and it will be a fantastic reminder of what I hope will be a wicked night!!!!!

:) These guys apparently heard me!

The Raconteurs will be recording each night of their upcoming sold out UK tour and making limited edition CDs available directly to the fans. A deluxe double disc live CD, with artwork exclusive to each venue, will be available for fans to purchase as they leave the gig. There will also be an option to include a download of a special live version of the new single 'Broken Boy Soldier' that will be available to collect starting October 23rd. CDs of each gig will be limited to 1,000 copies and fans who are unable to make it to the show can mail order the concerts by visiting http://www.concertlive.co.uk/Raconteurs/index.html

They are only doing it for the money.

They don't care about their fans.

You're right, but who cares?

As long as we get what we want then there's no problem. I don't lose sleep cause my favourite band doesn't care about me.

Last updated at 17:14pm on 11th October 2006 commentIconSm.gif

KeanePA_228x140.jpgCDs: Keane will press CDs of their live gigs within minutes of coming off stage

enlarge.gif

Pop band Keane are firing the opening salvo in a new battle against bootleggers.

They are to sell CD recordings of their gigs only 10 minutes after they come off stage - in a bid to counter illegal recordings.

A limited run of 1,000 CDs will be sold per gig to fans leaving the venue by their label Island Records. A spokeswoman for the band said: "The CDs will be recorded, mixed and mastered in real time, backstage after the gigs, and then pressed and sold to fans in the lobby as they leave."

Recent statistics show that while illegal downloads are a major concern, physical music piracy lost the music industry about £165 million last year.

Keane play the Alexandra Palace on 26 and 27 October.

cant be there:cry:

^:\ Good luck... I'm sure they'll turn up soon ;)

I think this is a really cool idea, wish other bands would do it. But at the same time, I rather like downloading my bootlegs for free lmfao. Should be good though if a band, like say U2, does this with a really huge and strong fanbase. Someone'll buy it and upload it for the rest of us who can't get it or be there... hmmmm!