✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, I just saw the bulletin and I'm crushed. I was so excited to see them and now I won't be able to. But I won't complain too much about it (it's hard for me not to when I'd gotten myself so excited and pumped about it) because the thing I want most is for Tom to get better so this doesn't happen again. And I was thinking when it first happened how quick he would have to be and then got scared he might not be completely rehabilitated... the thought of Tom on drugs still frightens me more than anything right now, and I want him to get better. ;_;

Get well Tom. My thoughts are with you, and the band. :c

That an extremely Head-Up-Ass statement. ;)

I think if anyone has the entitlement to be SLIGHTLY pissed is the fans that this is affecting. In short, me. Who had FRONT ROW tickets to see them in Boston. Front row!!!

And guess what?

I couldn't be LESS mad. I knew this was coming anyways. At least I'm getting my money back, and a new fresh and healthy Keane to boot! :nice: I didn't want to see them knowing Tom had just got out of rehab anyways.

Funny people's selfish reactions to things like this. Now, god FORBID this happen, imagine Chris Martin having a drug or drink problem. Or ANY physical/health orientated one. Would you just say "fuck off Coldplay, buncha losers now!"? And give up all that? No. Of course not. So give Keane the same respect.

front row,my gosh! yes,Keane is new generation of music in this century

drink problem can have anybody,its naturally and Tom is only human!

fuck off Coldplay? i better die! but first row:disappointed: i always loved your pictures!:kiss::\

I was really disapointed last night, thinking about it... :\ But you know, I have no control over the situation. So I can't bring myself to be angry or bitter about it. Things happen.

And I will make it my GOAL beyond anything to get front row for the next time they come back!

I agree with that. I haven't been to a proper "seated" show in about 4 months. The only gigs I've been to (including the Keane one in June) was in general admission clubs. They are SO much better than having a designated seat.

Something about being "tied" to a shit seat when you know if you had the opportunity to fight for it, you could have been front row, just... takes away some of the intimacy and joy from a show. But when you've got that rail, front row, at a GA show? Nothing better in the world. Which is why I was so excited for the Keane/Razorlight gig, since I knew I'd have front row anyways without having to fight for it. *sigh...*

Yeah I still don't really understand that whole seating thing in the US. Are all big concerts seated? Is there a reason for this? (like for health and safety or something?) Or is it up to the band/artist?

And I agree with Dave...it just doesn't look right whenever I see seated gigs on TV! If I was seated i'd just want to get out my seat and run to the front barrier! :lol:

I love the feeling when standing...everyone all squished up together like sardines in a tin, but so happy and singing and jumping together :)

Then again, times like fighting to get to the front row at CP and Arctic Monkeys with everyone getting really vicious and elbowing me in the head and shit (lmao, remember i'm only 5"1!), you wish you just had a set place!!!

Yeah I still don't really understand that whole seating thing in the US. Are all big concerts seated? Is there a reason for this? (like for health and safety or something?) Or is it up to the band/artist?

And I agree with Dave...it just doesn't look right whenever I see seated gigs on TV! If I was seated i'd just want to get out my seat and run to the front barrier! :lol:

I love the feeling when standing...everyone all squished up together like sardines in a tin, but so happy and singing and jumping together :)

Then again, times like fighting to get to the front row at CP and Arctic Monkeys with everyone getting really vicious and elbowing me in the head and shit (lmao, remember i'm only 5"1!), you wish you just had a set place!!!

But I thought you said you were able to run between people's legs??:P

It is really annoying, especially when ushers come around and check your tix every ten minutes... but all the concerts I've been to, as soon as the headlining act came on, EVERYONE stood up and didn't sit down, so I guess it's just to keep everyone organized. I've only been to one general admission show and that was so fun. I'm going to another one on the 20th too... I think they're more fun. ;D

It is really annoying' date=' especially when ushers come around and check your tix every ten minutes... but all the concerts I've been to, as soon as the headlining act came on, EVERYONE stood up and didn't sit down, so I guess it's just to keep everyone organized. I've only been to one general admission show and that was so fun. I'm going to another one on the 20th too... I think they're more fun. ;D[/quote']

Yes - they're way better. All-seater gigs suffer in terms of atmosphere, as do all-seater football matches.;)

I think that large GA shows were disintegrated here in the States after all those people were killed at the Who concert, in the 70s I think. Still I really hate having seats. A lot of acts come to like... stadiums here in the states anyways. Like U2. But even they have a nice big GA floor (next time they tour I'm only doing GA, honestly I hate having seats so much).

I kinda have issues with authority too, concert security in particular. I've been yelled at a lot of times for recording video, and physically had my arm shoved down to make me stop taking pictures. Which led to me screaming in the guys face that I was going to complain to management...... That was at my Coldplay gig :laugh4: Kind of ruined it. Even though I have seats I tend to move up about 4 rows because everyone stands up and moves into the aisles.

So are all gigs in the UK not seated/strictly GA? That is really really lucky.

I know personally I'm more excited for my GA Strokes gig in October, than the one I'm going to on Tuesday where I have seats in like the 40th row. It's so fucking stupid. I don't care, anything's better than standing in the rain watching them during Oxegen festival :laugh4: But still.

Hmph. Damn the USA. Damnit.

I think that large GA shows were disintegrated here in the States after all those people were killed at the Who concert, in the 70s I think. Still I really hate having seats. A lot of acts come to like... stadiums here in the states anyways. Like U2. But even they have a nice big GA floor (next time they tour I'm only doing GA, honestly I hate having seats so much).

I kinda have issues with authority too, concert security in particular. I've been yelled at a lot of times for recording video, and physically had my arm shoved down to make me stop taking pictures. Which led to me screaming in the guys face that I was going to complain to management...... That was at my Coldplay gig :laugh4: Kind of ruined it. Even though I have seats I tend to move up about 4 rows because everyone stands up and moves into the aisles.

So are all gigs in the UK not seated/strictly GA? That is really really lucky.

I know personally I'm more excited for my GA Strokes gig in October, than the one I'm going to on Tuesday where I have seats in like the 40th row. It's so fucking stupid. I don't care, anything's better than standing in the rain watching them during Oxegen festival :laugh4: But still.

Hmph. Damn the USA. Damnit.

Concerts in Europe vary. A lot of the smaller venues are "standing only", which I prefer, and most of the bigger events tend to have standing and seating.

Seats suck at shows where you want to get up and "move", though, IMO.;)

I hope to get more GA tix. Are they expensive, though? I'd think they would be. :c

When I saw Coldplay at the Key, there wasn't really any GA. There was floor seating, which is the same thing that happened at Simon and Garfunkel, but as far as I know, no standing.

Concert security always blows. They took away my signs one time! I was so pissed off...

Right (ingore the previous edit, i needed to get my sig up)

The only all-seated concerts I have been to is the wurzels (it was in a tent, and they ain't the sort of band which are best seated), and ocean colour scene, which was an acoustic unplugged concert so it was very laid back. And Dead Ringers was seated because it was a recording for the radio show :cool:

For Oasis (rose bowl) I was in unreserved seating, for franz ferdinand and noise and confusion I was in reserved seating, FF i was in the 2nd balcony, pretty much in front of the stage and for N&C I was next to the press-pit in the millennium stadium.

My gigs have been:

The Wurzels - Tent, all seated

Coldplay - Small Stadium, standing with unreserved seating

Oasis - Cricket Ground, standing with unreserved seating

Franz Ferdinand - Indoor Arena

Doves - Village Hall type of venue

Noise & Confusion '05 - Millennium stadium, upper tier seating

Graham Coxon - Club

Dirty Pretty Things - University Hall

Blackbud - Pub

The Zutons - Concert Hall, mix of standing, unreserved seating and reserved seating

Ocean Colour Scene - Concert Hall, all reserved seating

The Beautiful South - Same as The Zutons

Fortune Drive - a Boat

Blackbud (2) - A back-room at a pub

Cardiff Calling - A field

Lifelike, I've noticed that GA is actually much cheaper. For U2 the GA tickets are about 50 bucks, whereas actual seating is more expensive, maybe 100 bucks. When you go to small venues, it really depends on the band, venue and how popular the tickets are. Like, I'm going to see Scissors for Lefty in a week and their tickets are only 8 bucks. While I went to see Arctic Monkeys and they were 20 etc etc. Always go for GA if you have a choice ;)

^You've seen some amazing shows!!!

And yes, indeed, I have heard of that little band called Keane... :laugh4:

I was really disapointed last night, thinking about it... :\ But you know, I have no control over the situation. So I can't bring myself to be angry or bitter about it. Things happen.

And I will make it my GOAL beyond anything to get front row for the next time they come back!

Same here.

I just found out about the cancelled dates. So I feel a little sad right now:cry:, but there is really nothing I can do about it. I still love them, and I hope Tom gets better. There's really no point in touring if he wont feel 100% .

I'll also try to get front row when they come back, It'll be my chance to get better seats! I think I was in the terrace :P