✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There goes my respect for Keane. :\

That an extremely Head-Up-Ass statement. ;)

I think if anyone has the entitlement to be SLIGHTLY pissed is the fans that this is affecting. In short, me. Who had FRONT ROW tickets to see them in Boston. Front row!!!

And guess what?

I couldn't be LESS mad. I knew this was coming anyways. At least I'm getting my money back, and a new fresh and healthy Keane to boot! :nice: I didn't want to see them knowing Tom had just got out of rehab anyways.

Funny people's selfish reactions to things like this. Now, god FORBID this happen, imagine Chris Martin having a drug or drink problem. Or ANY physical/health orientated one. Would you just say "fuck off Coldplay, buncha losers now!"? And give up all that? No. Of course not. So give Keane the same respect.

You mean my comment, Steph? I think you misunderstood, I meant funny as in "strange" instead of funny "haha" ;)

Like, it's just weird people's reactions to this. One second they're a fan and the next their not. Honestly, how could you have ever considered yourself a fan in the first place if you say things like that! Huh... I don't know.

Oh good, ok! :laugh4: Steph, seriously, we always post at the same time. Have you noticed that? It's freakin' hysterical ahaha. But I'm glad I cleared up what I meant, sometimes I use that "funny" expression and get totally taken wrong! Oy vey... aha

Oh man, how messed up is THIS? I just got an email from Rag and Bone telling me where to send my tickets to... and I have to send them ALL THE WAY to freakin' READING. :stunned:

Out of pocket! :bigcry:

I'm lucky I live right outside Boston. But I really feel for the fans who made massive travel planes. This is quite the mess, but it's all for the greater good isn't it? Can't bring myself to complain that much at all.

Haha yeah we do don't we! :laugh4:

Wait a minute, Reading in England!? As in, just down the road from me!? Ok WTF? :confused:

And yeah...I do feel pretty bad for the fans that will have already spent on travel and can't get a refund :\ . But hey, just the way it goes I guess.

I'm just really hoping he gets himself better....he's such an energetic, passionate performer....I hate the thought of such a beautiful, talented man being in such a dark place :( My thoughts are with him.

It is a waste, and disapointing to say the least. I can actually sympathize with that statement... :\ Since I am really disapointed right now. However, doesn't make the music any less to me. I won't lie and pretend like I was actually excited for the gig on the 24th. I was more "counting down the days" to the original date on the 16th (since at that point, Razorlight was opening. I think in some regards Keane did lose a LITTLE of their..... Keane-ness with this. Don't know why, I mean considering I come from the Libertines fan camp, this shouldn't be a surprise or factor. And it's really not just.... it's so unlike the band to let me down in this way.

But I'll get along, and still try for tickets when they come back. Whenever THAT might be.

EDIT: and at the same time, I'm glad it's something like this that they can fix. And not a death or something more tragic. Also, look at how Coldplay had to cancel their gigs last year when Chris was sick (that was the situation, right?). People were let down and said they hated Coldplay now because of that, pretty ridiculous. Then there were those on the U2 forum ragging on the Edge because... GASP! They had to postpone their gigs in Australia and the lot because his daughter has leukemia. People can be downright selfish bastards.

But yeah.... when it comes to drugs..... I don't know. It does have a different "tinge" to it.