✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate the latest movie you've seen

*Justine*

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closer 9/10

interesting how everything messes, thought was a bit confusing with the jumps of time :confused:

i'm starting to dislike the stereotype about writers though. Clive character was scary at times.

Little Children 9.5/10

another well done movie, pretty harsh at times specially the end and begin, the fact the main events get resolved in the last 15 minutes -in a +120 minutes movie- was a bit boring, the changes between one and the other story was getting shocking. Thankfully i had read the plot before hand if not i would have had a heart attack or so for the end part. :sick:

I still find a bit bizarre the fact Mrs Winslet is having such similarly complicated movie characters, if she does it as a challange, very well done, but seems a bit repetitive and worrying for a reason though.

Friends with benefit 7/10

was ok, nothing new on those sort of movie, but the father part was touching and 'new'. Plus 'Luke' from Modern Family was there :awesome: i though for a moment was also the girl that plays his older sister on the show, wrong i was.

The perfect host - 6,5/10

Quite interesting black comedy about how our perfect host is not who he appears to be. Some scenes of the film are absolutely crazy as well as funny!

Rise of the planet of the Apes - 7/10

that one was good too. After watching the trailer my expectations were a bit low but I still went to the cinema to see it 'cos everybody kept telling me it was so good. They weren't wrong!!

I wonder if Midnight in Paris is as brilliant as people say? I'm not so much into art / historical characters and all this so maybe I wouldn't be able to get the whole thing.

I wonder if Midnight in Paris is as brilliant as people say? I'm not so much into art / historical characters and all this so maybe I wouldn't be able to get the whole thing.

It's a nice movie yeah! You would love it if you were into art & historical stuff but you can still watch it.

before sunset

7/10

i bet they ended with their feet hurt! was an interesting way to tell a story only with two characters. seems the end is open, may have a 3rd in another 10 years time. i don't know why she burst in the cab and seems to lie all the time before that. :confused:

before sunrise

7/10

more produced than the second movie. for some reason reminds Erasmus time, in the way one goes to a place and make friends with new people visiting cities. thought was a bit unbelieveable it would happen for real, who knows. their talk was interesting how hopeful/disgraceful they are/feel. i loved the 'martina moment' at the fair. life can change for so few seconds and so random causes.

I'll be honest, when I first saw the movie I thought it was awesome, but now knowing what I know about what happened between Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and Jennifer Aniston, I just can't like it.

probably that's why i prefer to watch/listen something after the hype wave is gone.

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

9/10

a bit confusing as when i watched Incepction.... in fact i'm thinking that one may had influenced in.

I saw The Lion King 3D, of course perfect 10 :D

It was as awesome as how I remembered it! And I hadn't watched it since I was a kid, so I got to finally understand some jokes I didn't know what they meant before. And I learned the message of the movie. I knew all the words still, and wanted to sing along. I became a kid again in that theatre :) oh and it was great seeing the place get filled with people my age and also kids. Such joy, hearing the old generation of children (me) and the new generation of kids, and the parents all laughing together and ejoying the film :heart:

I've heard some people complain that it is just disney doing this to get more money and that it is dumb. But I could care less about their money earnings. All I cared about was getting to see this movie from my childhood that I loved in theatres, I never thought I would have gotten the chance to :D this movie deserves the big screen to be seen in.

and people also complained about the 3D, and that it wasn't necessary. But I thought that it gave it a little freshness to it. A few times I didn't notice the 3D so much, and they could have used it better in some scenes. But then there were little pieces that made me happy it was in 3D. Like at the beginning when Zazu is flying right in front of you :D and then towards the end when Scar is fighting Simba, Scar seems to be jumping straight at you :P

So if you saw this movie when you were a kid, and are a 90s kid, you'll love it just as much as back then. And you'll still cry when Mufasa dies :( and even if you didn't see it as a kid. Its just a good movie and its very moving :heart: go see this movie!

The 90s kid in me, wants to go see it again :D (its a little pricey for tickets so ill just buy the blue ray to watch it a million times :P)