✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate the latest movie you've seen

*Justine*

The Hobbit - 10/10 I watched it in 3D and I was fascinated. The plot is well-thought-out.

I feel exactly the same. The 3D, and the whole film, was phenomenal. I'm the kind of guy who usually hates 3D, most movies don't look any different. But the depth of field for this (the shire comes to mind first) was absolutely stunning. I couldn't really notice a difference with the frame rate though:shrug:

I also thought the non Hobbit stuff in the film was great. It wasn't "filler" like I feared it may be. Jackson also did a very good job changing the tone to fit the Hobbit, while still keeping it similar enough to LOTR so it was believable they were in the same universe. There were also a lot of fun things I thought he would leave out but made it in the movie, which was a real treat to a big fan of the book like me. I don't want to spoil anything but you won't be disappointed with this film!

10/10 (And I don't just hand those out mind you!)

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^that was not very helpful :sad:

OK so it has almost no plot or dialog or "acting", it's reminiscent of 2001: A Space Odyssey, it's like an elaborate instrumental. That is what most people won't like.

I loved the cinematography. It's gorgeous. I almost literally felt fresh air coming from the screen all the time; depictions of the universe, nature, camera angles - beautiful. :bigcry:

It's a fairly simple movie really, heartfelt. I liked the juxtaposition of celestial occurrences and simple everyday life. What I got from the movie is that love is all. And that I miss childhood and being in nature more.

Some gay pics and quotes idk:

"The only way to be happy is to love. Unless you love, your life will flash by."

"Help each other. Love everyone. Every leaf. Every ray of light. Forgive."

"I wanted to be loved because I was great; A big man. I'm nothing. Look at the glory around us; trees, birds.

I lived in shame. I dishonored it all, and didn't notice the glory. I'm a foolish man."

treeoflifemovieimagebra.jpg

treeoflife52.jpg

I'd like to see Cloud Atlas next. It's kinda similarly weird.

The Hobbit - 9/10 I don't care about what other people or critics say, this movie is stunning! It's no Lord of the Rings and the beginning is a little slow (some parts look like a "come visit neo-zealand" video, with all those landscapes), but it's a beautiful movie. The music is amazing (omg...when the dwaves sing), and in my opinion, Martin Freeman is the perfect choice to play Bilbo Baggins.

Skyfall (twice) - 10/10 One of the best 007 movies and the best with Daniel Craig. Sam Mendes is brilliant, and the photography is really good.

Cloud Atlas - 7.5/10 I can't really describe what I saw, I can only say it was amazing! And I had fun with my friends, trying to guess which actor plays which character :lol: