✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sun Also Rises or The Old Man & The Sea are probably the easiest to start with. For Whom The Bell Tolls is probably his best, but it's quite daunting due to its length. His short stories also have some of his best writing - try The Snows Of Kilimanjario or Men Without Women.

As for me, I'm going to put Moby Dick down for a while and look for something lighter to read.

Settled for The Sun Also Rises in the end. Loving it so far :)

Walter Moers- Das Labyrinth der Träumenden Bücher

(I guess there is no english version, but it means "the labyrinth of the dreaming books).

It's the second part of a fantasy story based in a city where people are really mad about literature and books. Awesome writing style, although the first part is still my favourite book.

Walter Moers- Das Labyrinth der Träumenden Bücher

(I guess there is no english version, but it means "the labyrinth of the dreaming books).

It's the second part of a fantasy story based in a city where people are really mad about literature and books. Awesome writing style, although the first part is still my favourite book.

His books are available in the UK. Have a look here: [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/City-Dreaming-Books-Zamonia/dp/0099490579/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324674421&sr=8-1]The City Of Dreaming Books (Zamonia 3): Amazon.co.uk: Walter Moers, John Brownjohn: Books[/ame]

War And Peace - Tolstoy

I've figured that if I can read at a rate of 12 pages a day (I'll not be reading every day but that will be the average and I have to learn French and Java the computer program this year too) then in the coming year I can read:

War And Peace - Leo Tolstoy

Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy

The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky

The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Thus Spoke Zarathustra - Fredrich Nietsche

The Rebel - Albert Camus

Heart Of Darkness - Joseph Conrad

I'd be happy if that was my year in reading.