✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone claims The Hunger Games to be the next Twilight but I honestly doubt it, the plot doesn't appeal to me... What do you think?

I think the comparisons are inevitable mainly because of the whole concept of one girl choosing between two boys, but that's basically where the similarities end (and that concept isn't even that strong unlike in Twilight).

The story, regardless of how improbable, is extremely intriguing. I find it more like the HP series given I sometimes feel I'm reading within a world with a whole new language.

My only recommendation would be to definitely give it a go. If you aren't hooked after the first book then you don't need to go onto the second. What've you got to lose? :D

does read a bunch of fanfics of different series count as proper reading? :uhoh: cause other than prepare my exams this last month i did read some fanfics recently, i hope next week i can start my reading plan which i did aimed to start this january but had to delay it for a month.

Tierra Firme by Matilde Asensi

El sueño del celta by Mario Vargas Llosa

Un día de cólera by Arturo Pérez-Reverte

Las Ratas by Miguel Delibes

Crimenes triviales by Javier Balanzá (award from the course-contest i took part in last october).

Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes, also some Agatha Christie, HP Lovecraft, Jules Verne, Isaac Asimov, Oscar Wilde, mainly classics or horror-mystery novels as the course grew my interest on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...

Photography books

As a keen photographer I'm reading, History of Photography by Josef Maria Eder (Amazon US / UK) offers comprehensive coverage on a collection of articles and rare photographs by pioneers in photography and contains materials for research into the history, technology and aesthetics of the medium. Its so ínteresting. I decided as I was so inspired to give everyone for their birthday this year some of my photography, I found to put the photos on canvas would be extra special and found this excellent offer for it in our area in Ireland. It just makes presents a little more sentimental.