✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

A book that my aunt put together after my grandparents died. It contains excerpts of letters and documents from 1933 to 1942. My grandparents sent each other letters everyday whenever they were separated (during the war, for instance). It's very interesting and damn those two were soooo in love! :wacky: And also incredibly devoted Christians. Like, really.

I remember reading your post on the thread about inspiring people and remember finding what you said about your grandparents quite interesting then. It seems such great material to read. I hope you're enjoying/have enjoyed it a lot.

I just finished Brave New World (Aldous Huxley). I'm still digesting what I read, but it's such and interesting and enlightening book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A book that my aunt put together after my grandparents died. It contains excerpts of letters and documents from 1933 to 1942. My grandparents sent each other letters everyday whenever they were separated (during the war, for instance). It's very interesting and damn those two were soooo in love! :wacky: And also incredibly devoted Christians. Like, really.

That sounds like a fantastic document!

I've just finished reading The Leper Colony by Graeme Larmour. It ends with a blinding story about the Iraq War called Dead Of The Night which is worth the price of admission on its own, although it's an impressive collection overall.

I've just finished "Extremely loud and incredibly close" which told an absolute mesmerizing story of two generations! I am inclined to say that so far it's the best I've read this year!

Having spent the weekend at my parents I found an old edition of "The Three Musketeers" so I thought I should give it a try. I am a great fan of the 1970s movies with Richard Chamberlain and so far the book is equally captivating! :)

just finished reading Paul Auster's Winter Journal;

6, was ok but i enjoyed some parts more than others.

Antonio Parra Sanz's Apocalipsis 17, 1.

9 wonderful from start to end, easy to read and deep subject, was brutal when needed to be. May be the fact that it locates in my city gives it a different sensation. I'm wondering if he will keep with Marquina character or will go back to Gomes.

Remember Who You Are by David Icke

I just started reading this book. Those circles with the laser lights remind me of the art work in his books. I would like to know if Coldplay read his books or the people who design their stage. Major Minus sounds like the song was influenced by David Icke.

Remember Who You Are by David Icke

I just started reading this book. Those circles with the laser lights remind me of the art work in his books. I would like to know if Coldplay read his books or the people who design their stage. Major Minus sounds like the song was influenced by David Icke.

Major Minus was influenced by The Road, by Cormac McCarthy, as can you see here:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78636

Saying that it was influenced by The Road doesn't entail it wasn't infuenced by Remember Who You Are, but I have never seen Coldplay or anybody from their crew mentioning that book.

Btw, I'm reading A Clash of Kings.

In Icke's book Human Race Get off Your Knees, the Coldplay stage show looks like it could be influenced by the art work in the middle of the book, especially the first picture. Everyone should check this out. There is a very interesting Lion on the cover of this book.

I have not seen The Road by Cormac McCarthy, but that song could have many influences.

In Icke's book Human Race Get off Your Knees, the Coldplay stage show looks like it could be influenced by the art work in the middle of the book, especially the first picture. Everyone should check this out. There is a very interesting Lion on the cover of this book.

I have not seen The Road by Cormac McCarthy, but that song could have many influences.

Yeah, surely, I was just saying we have information that MM was influenced by Cormac's book, but, as far I as know, we don't have any mention of other books' storylines influencing that song in particular :)

I just finished reading Orwell's 1984 and it reminds me a lot of the Mylo Xyloto concept, Major Minus mainly. The "one eye watching you" is, for me, the "big brother is watching you", idk.

Now, by coldplay song influence, I started reading Don Quixote :wacky:

I just finished reading Orwell's 1984 and it reminds me a lot of the Mylo Xyloto concept, Major Minus mainly. The "one eye watching you" is, for me, the "big brother is watching you", idk.

Now, by coldplay song influence, I started reading Don Quixote :wacky:

Yeah, some Orwellian influence is present as well.

1984 is a brilliant book, it's one of my favourites.

Btw, hello, fellow Brazilian :)

• 3 weeks later...
I know, its really boring. But I am also very bored. My favorite book is the hunger games series. But I need some more to read...

Try Divergent by Veronica Roth. You will not be disappointed!!

I read Divergent and Insurgent (the second of three books), each twice in the span of a few weeks!

^ Love Lewis Carroll. Great stuff.

Anyway, I'm currently reading "The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Vol. 1." It's part of an all-inclusive collection of all the Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories, written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I'm going to pick up tonight at "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," the last story in the first collection of short stories.

I was reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series and then I had to wait for Ren to catch up and get the third book, so I started The Wheel of Time series (I'm into fantasy) and god it's so boring. It also just feels like an incredibly cheap copy of LOTR.

I wish I could just put a book I started aside, but I can't. I'm obsessed with finishing books I started.

I can't wait to read the third A Song of Ice and Fire book though. :bomb: