✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metamorphosis - Frank Kafka

(not really my cup of tea...does anyone get it?)

---

Robert Bryant

http://www.trailways.com/team-trailways/motorcoach-listing-companies/companies/silverstate-nv

I'm currently listening to that in audiobook form (Benedict Cumberbatch's version of it is awesome :awesome:) and I quite like it. Very entertaining.

I'm rereading the Sherlock Holmes canon, currently at A Scandal in Bohemia. :nice:

Metamorphosis - Frank Kafka

(not really my cup of tea...does anyone get it?)

---

Robert Bryant

http://www.trailways.com/team-trailways/motorcoach-listing-companies/companies/silverstate-nv

I listened to an audiobook of that story recently. I actually quite liked it, although it's perhaps a bit surreal.

I'm currently listening to that in audiobook form (Benedict Cumberbatch's version of it is awesome :awesome:) and I quite like it. Very entertaining.

I read it last year, and the ending left me speechless :blank:

I liked it, but... It's so surreal.

• 4 weeks later...

A book that my aunt put together after my grandparents died. It contains excerpts of letters and documents from 1933 to 1942. My grandparents sent each other letters everyday whenever they were separated (during the war, for instance). It's very interesting and damn those two were soooo in love! :wacky: And also incredibly devoted Christians. Like, really.

^It really is. It's a great source of information on how people lived at that time, what they thought of the war, and how they got through it (and other ordeals of life). And religion had a very important place in their lives, it's incredible! I'm not saying that it's amazing and that everyone should live like that, but that's definitely an important element in the letters, and it's quite interesting.

I really admire my grandparents. That book, and the values that they transmitted, are a great legacy :)