✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Green Day

twin4life

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with Green Day?

The members of Coldplay said that they like Green Day so why can't the fans?

Why do you think the artists Chris Jonny Will and Guy like should have anything to do with the artists I like?

Anyways, Green Day have become such sellouts, which is the opposite of Coldplay, and the reason I find it odd that this thread exists. :thinking:

Why do you think the artists Chris Jonny Will and Guy like should have anything to do with the artists I like?

Anyways, Green Day have become such sellouts, which is the opposite of Coldplay, and the reason I find it odd that this thread exists. :thinking:

Open your mind Josh, remember what I told you... :dozey:

You must make a trip out of United States to expand your mind

+1

Open your mind Josh, remember what I told you... :dozey:

You must make a trip out of United States to expand your mind

True on the freeing my mind part, but Green Day is so fucking American it's disgusting.

I am so ashamed to live in a country where a band like Green Day is associated with the culture. Makes me want to slit my wrists.

so, what's wrong with being American?

And that just shows you didn't listen to the album American Idiot at all, or 21st Century Breakdown

and as too artists that sellout, U2 is doing the new blackberry commericial - there are many more sellouts out there

and i can guarantee you no matter what, a green day concert will be one of the best you ever go too

And that just shows you didn't listen to the album American Idiot at all, or 21st Century Breakdown

and as too artists that sellout, U2 is doing the new blackberry commericial - there are many more sellouts out there

and i can guarantee you no matter what, a green day concert will be one of the best you ever go too

And I cannot wait to see them live!

1. A lot, if it's assumed I like Green Day because I'm American

2. Actually I did listen to a lot of both. Don't assume I make my judgments on one or two songs like some retard. I'm a very open minded musician who gives all music a chance.

3. I couldn't agree more that U2 are sellouts, and that their recent music sucks. I hate just about everything post Joshua Tree.

4. HAHA somehow I doubt that.

A) American music is a steaming pile of shit today. VERY few American artists are decent nowadays.

B) Doing a commercial isn't selling out. Being known for one song song per album and exploiting that song for all it's worth is being a sellout.

C) I've listened to American idiot; it's shit. Their only somewhat decent album was Dookie.

D) Highly, highly doubt it, but I'll take your word for it. If I ever win tickets or someone else pays, I'll give it a shot.

Anyways, I'm not one to criticize others taste in music. I just found it odd. Carry on.

And don't think I'm some hater who just bashes all of their work. I will admit, I really like a few of their songs (Boulevard of Broken Dreams, 21 Guns, Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). But the vast majority of their work is just annoying and repetitive (American Idiot album, Know Your Enemy), and the fact that they dominate the American music scene along with artists like Lady GaGa and Katy Perry shows how disgusting most popular music in America is right now.

And don't think I'm some hater who just bashes all of their work. I will admit, I really like a few of their songs (Boulevard of Broken Dreams, 21 Guns, Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). But the vast majority of their work is just annoying and repetitive (American Idiot album, Know Your Enemy), and the fact that they dominate the American music scene along with artists like Lady GaGa and Katy Perry shows how disgusting most popular music in America is right now.

The only songs you have named are their singles.

Most of Green Day's best songs are not released as singles.

There's a reason as to why the most successful bands and artists don't come from US. Just make a checklist:

The Beatles - UK

Bee Gees - UK

The Clash - UK

The Rolling Stones - UK

Coldplay - UK

U2 - Ireland

Following the pattern?

There's a reason as to why the most successful bands and artists don't come from US. Just make a checklist:

The Beatles - UK

Bee Gees - UK

The Clash - UK

The Rolling Stones - UK

Coldplay - UK

U2 - Ireland

Following the pattern?

Ireland is in the UK too lol.

Like 9 of my 10 top artists are British/Irish. Only top band of mine that's American is The Killers, and they're Anglophiles anyway so they don't count.

So, does anyone else on the forum actually like Green Day?

I came onto this thread so I could talk about the MSG show with other people and swap stories, all I got was a bunch of flame

How was the show?

I'm really excited to see them when they come to Australia!

All the reviews I've heard have been really positive.

Oh and I like you avatar!

It was pretty freaking awesome, lol, XD

If there's one thing Green Day knows how to do is entertain a crowd, they'll do everything from pull people out of the stands, out of the pit, jump into the stands - it's ridiculous

the show i went too actually had a lot of older dedicated fans - there were 40 year olds moshing, it was great! XD

Are you a big fan?