✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Green Day

twin4life

It was pretty freaking awesome, lol, XD

If there's one thing Green Day knows how to do is entertain a crowd, they'll do everything from pull people out of the stands, out of the pit, jump into the stands - it's ridiculous

the show i went too actually had a lot of older dedicated fans - there were 40 year olds moshing, it was great! XD

Are you a big fan?

Absolutely love them!

Actually get to see them twice when they come to Sydney. :D

Should be pretty interesting seeing 40 years moshing.

It's nice to see there are still bands who will pull people on stage even at large venues.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they do more than pull people on stage, as you saw from the pics I was off to the side and I was doing some serious whining in my head that I wasn't in the pit

for ex - one of the kids that got on the stage got to keep a bass guitar

but even though I was in the stands, you could see how into the music the entire crowd was - they were singing, yelling, chanting, anything you can think of they did it

they've even started playing a lot more of their older songs - they performed for 3 hours!

they do more than pull people on stage, as you saw from the pics I was off to the side and I was doing some serious whining in my head that I wasn't in the pit

for ex - one of the kids that got on the stage got to keep a bass guitar

but even though I was in the stands, you could see how into the music the entire crowd was - they were singing, yelling, chanting, anything you can think of they did it

they've even started playing a lot more of their older songs - they performed for 3 hours!

Three hours will be absolute heaven!

Well I'll be in the pit for the first show I go to and the stands for the second night.

I'm guessing it'll be a pretty different experience but amazing none the less.

Ireland is in the UK too lol.

Like 9 of my 10 top artists are British/Irish. Only top band of mine that's American is The Killers, and they're Anglophiles anyway so they don't count.

Northern Ireland is in the UK. Ireland is a separate country.

Fuck you I know they're two separate countries, I just thought you didn't realize part of Ireland is in the UK.

You see? I know everything man

I know everything about you Josh.

I know that Sarah Palin did a rally at your high school.

And more to come... :sneaky:

Green Day was, embarrasingly, the predominant band of my pre-coldplay preteen music life. Every now and then I'll run through my old C.D.'s like 'Dookie' and 'Nimrod' out of nostalgia more than the music itself. While the band's style is generally repetitive, uninspired and primitive power chords (the reason I ditched them years ago) they still have a handful of gems like Longview, When I Come Around, Macy's Day Parade etc..

I also must admit that American Idiot was a really good album, it had a great/interesting story, and much more complex and differentiated songs. Everything stayed relatively fresh flowing from the interesting jesus of seburbia/homecoming epics, holiday segging seamlessly into boulevard, stopping for an emotional slow song and picking up again with a catchy riff. It was as polished and solid an album as the band was capable of, nothing of the likes of Coldplay/U2/Radiohead, of course, but a truly respectable and enjoyable effort.

Unfortunately, as I said, that was the best album I feel they were capable of...for I listened to 21st century breakdown (and wrote a long review no one read) and ran into nothing but an completely unoriginal, indulgent and long-winded attempt at imitating AI on a grander scale. Yeah there are a couple nice tracks, but even they are stale and emotionally lifeless in comparison.

And I agreed with most of it. Except the parts about liking other Green Day material. There I can't relate.

Then again, you do have an attachment to them. I still have an attachment to Good Charlotte (:shame:) so I understand how you can't completely 100% hate them. ;)

Green Day was, embarrasingly, the predominant band of my pre-coldplay preteen music life. Every now and then I'll run through my old C.D.'s like 'Dookie' and 'Nimrod' out of nostalgia more than the music itself. While the band's style is generally repetitive, uninspired and primitive power chords (the reason I ditched them years ago) they still have a handful of gems like Longview, When I Come Around, Macy's Day Parade etc..

Same man, I liked Green Day before I discovered the internet, which introduced me to the music the rest of the world listened to. Longview makes me nostalgia so hard. That song would come on every day in middle school during the bus ride home, we'd all yell "WHEN MASTURBATION'S LOST IT'S FUN YOU'RE FUCKING LONELY", even our bus driver would sing along (he was like 20 lol).

I also must admit that American Idiot was a really good album, it had a great/interesting story, and much more complex and differentiated songs. Everything stayed relatively fresh flowing from the interesting jesus of seburbia/homecoming epics, holiday segging seamlessly into boulevard, stopping for an emotional slow song and picking up again with a catchy riff. It was as polished and solid an album as the band was capable of, nothing of the likes of Coldplay/U2/Radiohead, of course, but a truly respectable and enjoyable effort.

Unfortunately, as I said, that was the best album I feel they were capable of...for I listened to 21st century breakdown (and wrote a long review no one read) and ran into nothing but an completely unoriginal, indulgent and long-winded attempt at imitating AI on a grander scale. Yeah there are a couple nice tracks, but even they are stale and emotionally lifeless in comparison.

Same man, I liked Green Day before I discovered the internet, which introduced me to the music the rest of the world listened to. Longview makes me nostalgia so hard. That song would come on every day in middle school during the bus ride home, we'd all yell "WHEN MASTURBATION'S LOST IT'S FUN YOU'RE FUCKING LONELY", even our bus driver would sing along (he was like 20 lol).

I agree with almost everything you guys said.

They were the first band I liked ever but then I knew Coldplay and so many other bands and some with much more creative music. Punk rock has never been experimental, it's very monotonous. AI is an awesome record and they got good songs but they're not as good as Coldplay, Muse...

Punk rock doesn't need to be complex. It's more about attitude than anything else. And pop-punk is what it is. I love it when I am working out, getting ready to go out for the night, or just want to listen to something fun. I have always loved Green Day, and they are fantastic live.

If people like stuff that is more musically challenging, it is certainly out there. I get tired of Green Day, too. But I always seem to come back. Can't speak on the latest album because, although I have it, I have not fully listened. By the way, early Green Day (i.e. Kerplunk, Dookie) is kick ass.

• 1 month later...