✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaiser Chiefs

Lolly Pop

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooh, i'm in some sort of dilemma today...i have only enough money right now to buy only 1 album, and i'm contemplating on which one should i give priority in buying. Right now, my favorite bands are Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand. if i buy one, i wouldn't get to buy the other for at least a couple of months or so :confused: .

i would appreciate if you can help me decide which to buy first: Employment or You Can Have It So Much Better. Thanks. :)

i would appreciate if you can help me decide which to buy first: Employment or You Can Have It So Much Better. Thanks. :)

i love kaiser chiefs and franz ferdinand, but please buy

Kaiser Chiefs - Employment

first :D

Kaisers

Went to see the Kaiser Chiefs in Glasgow last night. Was amazing. Also had the cribs and maximo park. SO GOOD!

Not sure if you can view this or not. it open on real player on my computer. It's just from my phone so very bad quality!

http://rapidshare.de/files/7024392/i_predict.3gp.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/7024501/kaisers.3gp.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/7024525/entrance.3gp.html

• 2 months later...

*********bump*********

5 nominations for kaiser chiefs at the brit awards!!!

British Group

MasterCard British Album

British Rock Act

British Live Act

British Breakthrough Act

HOW AMAZING IS THAT

• 7 months later...

Why mining town is host to stars

As the city begins its recovery following the weekend's festival fever, one West Yorkshire pit village is still feeling the beat.

For buried in the heart of a bleak industrial site in South Kirkby sits a 60ft high studio which for the last year has played home to a stream of rock stars.

And in the run-up to the Leeds Festival, the YEP got an exclusive sneak preview of the top-secret stage, set and lighting being built for the Kaiser Chiefs.

Only now can your YEP reveal the stunning set which was put together at the £2m studio on Langthwaite Grange Industrial Estate where production teams were gearing up for the city's festival.

There, special lighting was rigged up highlighting the letters 'KC' which was on display for the first time ready to be unveiled at the festival.

Richard Larkum, the Chiefs' lighting designer, said: "We are doing all this because we want to make sure it's right.

"Ricky (Wilson, the lead singer) likes the fact that the band can walk on to the Leeds Festival, in their hometown, with a 'KC' and people will know straight away who they are. It's been a crazy year for them. They are loving it because for them it's a big home coming (playing at Leeds) and a big 'we have made it.'"

It took an entire day to piece together the lighting and stage before musicians played instruments on the finished version to ensure perfection. But 2007 is set to see the cult band pay a visit to the studio in the warm-up to their tour.

Richard said: "We will be in arenas again next year so the size of the production means this is the perfect space to sort out technical issues.When we do a full tour we need the Chiefs in here because we have sound on-stage with monitor systems so they can rehearse their levels."

The mammoth building also holds every essential a rock star may need – including crates of beer.

A laundry, canteen, green room –complete with 48inch plasma screen – showers and production offices are also available, with the whole lot costing £3,000 a day to rent.

There are also plans to rent out parts of the facility according to what's needed for each band.

Chris Martin, of Coldplay, made good use of the Genelec Monitor System – a hi fi to you and me – when he was chilling out, while Robbie took advantage of the car park when a delivery van dropped off 60 pairs of trainers for his tour.

Scissor Sisters, Phil Collins, The Prodigy and Massive Attack are among stars who have had sets made at the site and some have even paid a visit.

Ben Brooks runs the studio but it is dad Adrian, boss of LiteStructures Studios, who owns the facility which is now the biggest in the UK.

He said: "We built stage sets for lots of different people, and the biggest ones we would build here and take them to Finningley which is now an airport."

"We can create all sorts of different shapes of stages quickly and easily, so we are a wonderful one-stop shop."

http://thisisleeds.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=39&ArticleID=1726365

• 4 months later...