✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I am currently listening to....

LeftLeg

So I've been in a rental for a month while waiting to move in to our actual house (I'm moving) and, ya know they have cable and stuff hooked up. But we don't really watch TV so for some background noise we just put some music on Stingray. One song in particular has really stood out to me, a few others have of course but these guys know their stuff. They manage to be musically artistic (tempo changes, time signature changes, out-of-key notes) and make some interesting production choices (main verse has a different sound than you'd usually expect, horns and child singing at the end, bridge stays in key) that makes it stand out from the normal run of the mill pop rock song that it would otherwise be. It's also lyrically meaningful without being too overt or edgy. It's called Hollow World by Elephant Stone, check it out

• Wow 1

So I've been in a rental for a month while waiting to move in to our actual house (I'm moving) and, ya know they have cable and stuff hooked up. But we don't really watch TV so for some background noise we just put some music on Stingray. One song in particular has really stood out to me, a few others have of course but these guys know their stuff. They manage to be musically artistic (tempo changes, time signature changes, out-of-key notes) and make some interesting production choices (main verse has a different sound than you'd usually expect, horns and child singing at the end, bridge stays in key) that makes it stand out from the normal run of the mill pop rock song that it would otherwise be. It's also lyrically meaningful without being too overt or edgy. It's called Hollow World by Elephant Stone, check it out

Hello @cp3176, it's fantastic to see you back!

What a great song you shared! I'm pleasantly surprised by that as it's not a kind of music which I would casually play. I think that I could spin the record few times more and look for similar songs soon... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

There's an indie artist I love named Tyler Shaw, whose solo project is known as Aviators. He has made some incredible music, especially over the last five or so years. He's known for music inspired by video games, TV shows, cartoons, and movies, but he has also written multiple albums that, together, tell the story of people fighting for freedom in a dystopian society. Kind of like Mylo Xyloto, but darker.

This is my personal favorite Aviators song, Wolves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...