✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I am currently listening to....

LeftLeg

Let's get this thread kicking again with some psychedelic/shoegaze type music.

Played this song to death in Rock Band 2 when I was a kid all those years ago. Forgot how good this song was.

Somebody mentioned lazy eye to me and I was like, that reminds me of a really good song I heard and played on a video game all those years back, I haven't heard it for at least 5 years... then somebody mentioned "Silversun Pickups?" and I was like "Maybe...?" But I was confused because these guys also made another really good song I'd been familiar with for a few months up till now:

Well then. Gonna have to check these guys out cause they got some rockin tunes apparently. Both 5 stars easily IMO.. it's not common I hear songs out of nowhere from a single band at first unrelated to each other and I really like them, only to find out they're made by the same band... That's how I got into Coldplay. Gonna have to listen to more music from these guys.

And a fun fact:

[spoiler=Fun Fact]Believe it or not, the lead singer IS a guy. It only shines through in his screams, where they do sound male, but I always assumed the lead singer of Lazy Eye was a woman. Apparently not. Surprised me when I found out...

Jesus Christ! Guess who's back? @cp3176 is back! :scream:

• Like 3

Jesus Christ! Guess who's back? @cp3176 is back! :scream:

Haha, I still come on this forum every now and again. Not a lot, though. I might hang around for a while.

A part of it might be that we're finally seeing something from or related to Coldplay again. Their film.

• Like 2

I've already heard some songs by Sigrid but this has been my favourite one so far. I like the fact that she looks innocent and pure. (Well, I really welcome this because it's rare in the music industry these days.) She also seems to be focused only on her music and passionate about it which is worth mentioning.

(You should see her performance of this song on Later... With Jools Holland as well!)

Anyway, is it only me or her fashion sense totally screams late 90s/early 00s? :joy:

• 4 weeks later...

I always liked Snow Patrol but never really was a fan of theirs. Now I am. Before their newest album Wildness was released I went listening to their older ones (I think it was during the beginning of this year) as I realized that they were also an amazing band but different from Coldplay. Each band is amazing in their own way. I am a massive fan of them ever since!

Like I have always said: I prefer the live ones

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I have a challenge for you. Play the AROBTTH album in one piece but for each song its instrumental version. I've already done this and it was a completely different experience for me. :D

I will do that tomorrow! I know, it's always different because there's no Chris but sometimes instruments do all the work. Sometimes, I prefer instrumental Coldplay songs. For example Life In Technicolor ii, of which I think is their best song, this song doesn't even need vocals. All of the instruments do already sing together (in my opinion)!

• Like 1

I will do that tomorrow! I know, it's always different because there's no Chris but sometimes instruments do all the work. Sometimes, I prefer instrumental Coldplay songs. For example Life In Technicolor ii, of which I think is their best song, this song doesn't even need vocals. All of the instruments do already sing together (in my opinion)!

Great! Let me know what you think of that.

I agree with you. It might make you learn to appreciate and admire what it takes to put notes together and build a melody upon them. However, every now and them I realize that a large portion of an instrumental is mostly a particular melody being played over again. I seldom recognize that as I focus mainly on vocals if a singer is singing. :D

Life in Technicolor II? That's a beautiful song with an uplifting melody. It sounds like when you wake up in the morning and begin to believe that the upcoming day will be bright!

To my mind, A Whisper is a song that works better without vocals. I enjoy listening to its instrumental version more than the actual version with vocals. I see it more as a song that could be used like background music during credits at the end of a film. :)

• Like 2

It might make you learn to appreciate and admire what it takes to put notes together and build a melody upon them. However, every now and them I realize that a large portion of an instrumental is mostly a particular melody being played over again. I seldom recognize that as I focus mainly on vocals if a singer is singing. :D

Ooh, believe me, I've been digging out those things already!

Well, I'm quite the opposite then! I always listen to guitar parts and melodies, in this case I listen to Jonny. Of course I also listen to vocals when the singer sings but when I like a song very much I always listen to noises and melodies, sometimes in the background, which are mainly played on guitar.

• Like 2

I didn't know anything about the new Kacey Musgraves album "Golden Hour" and I learned that she won a Grammy for Best Album of the Year and I gave it a listen (BTW really good album, I loved the production). My favourite song was "Rainbow", which at first I thought it was some kind of cover, cause I was sure I've listen to it again. I had forgotten that she performed the song with Chris in Global Citizen Festival in South Africa.

• 1 month later...

Snow Patrol's amazing set at the Lollapalooza festival in Chile two weeks ago!!!!!!

My favourites of their set:

Chocolate (5:08)

Crack The Shutters (8:22) which is one of my favourite SP songs!

Open Your Eyes (16:22)

Empress (12:00) (at 13:35, Gary had a big crack in his voice unfortunately. Forgive him because he's not the best singer in the world but that also makes it great to hear him putting so much effort to sing those high notes. I've seen him doing better by the way)

Heal Me (29:38)

• 2 weeks later...

Who's up for some shoegazeeeeee? Heard this band as the opening act for a Foo Fighters concert I went to a while back and they were amazing. This was a standout track though. Full of dense, rich production, raw energy, sound, power...... everything I look for in a shoegaze track. The live version was even better. It was so good.

• Like 1