✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Canada, eh?!

Canadian_Aphrodite

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some greatness to report: police as far as PEI racing to NB to help. As terrible as it is, I love hearing about ppl 'rushing into the burning building' so to speak to help one another

o-MISTER-ROGERS-HELPERS-QUOTE-570.jpg?6

PSA: in the future, dont be a hero and try to take a snap of the person or share on social media. those ppl are crazy, but they know what they're doing and they use twitter/facebook to track where the police are. call the police and tell them what you saw instead.

I just saw a video of a family looking out a window to the shooter shooting at an officer apparently. suggestion, get the hell away from the window, draw up all curtains, hide in a closet or something but ffs away from the window. if you get shot, the medic isnt coming when there is a killer on the loose outside your door.

Thats absolutely horrible. Now I regret asking. The pure insanity in that man. Ugh- it makes me wonder how in the world someone could be driven to do such a thing. I really hope that everything will be all right there. Hopefully this guy won't do anything more.

Sometimes the world is awesome, and then things like this happen.

The worst thing is- is that I never heard of it. Literally all of the news here is the Provincial Elections, either that, or I just didn't catch the story.

Thats absolutely horrible. Now I regret asking. The pure insanity in that man. Ugh- it makes me wonder how in the world someone could be driven to do such a thing. I really hope that everything will be all right there. Hopefully this guy won't do anything more.

Sometimes the world is awesome, and then things like this happen.

The worst thing is- is that I never heard of it. Literally all of the news here is the Provincial Elections, either that, or I just didn't catch the story.

was watching the game on CBC, and alls they said about it was a little rectangle of text beside the score saying theres a situation in Moncton and to go to CBC.ca for more info. hows about cutting short ONE segment and updating Canadians?

gonna be harder to find now with no sunlight....Moncton in for a long night huddled in their closets, can't imagine what the emotions are for them.

was watching the game on CBC, and alls they said about it was a little rectangle of text beside the score saying theres a situation in Moncton and to go to CBC.ca for more info. hows about cutting short ONE segment and updating Canadians?

I was actually watching baseball for the most part tonight, don't know why, just felt like it. I turned to CP24 for a bit but all I got was once more elections and some storm video from the US.

I was actually watching baseball for the most part tonight, don't know why, just felt like it. I turned to CP24 for a bit but all I got was once more elections and some storm video from the US.

Oh right, that game. I was watching the Jays as well (beat the Tigers, whooo!) and right at the top of the clock jumpped to CP24 and it was their lead story for a good few minutes before switching to weather and I flipped back. I think you just happened to miss it. That why I started using twitter, thats actually where I first heard this shooting, from a re-tweet.

Ya, I guess I missed it, but I'm sure it will be everywhere tomorrow. Twitter actually is a good idea for news and stuff like that, but I think CP24 every morning as I eat breakfast is good enough for me- Other than news purposes, I really don't have a good use for twitter.

Ya, I guess I missed it, but I'm sure it will be everywhere tomorrow. Twitter actually is a good idea for news and stuff like that, but I think CP24 every morning as I eat breakfast is good enough for me- Other than news purposes, I really don't have a good use for twitter.

thats basically ALL I use it for, news (real news, hockey, coldplay). you don't have to tweet, just follow news people

thats basically ALL I use it for, news (real news, hockey, coldplay). you don't have to tweet, just follow news people

Maybe one day, though I'm still pretty sure I'd forget about checking things after a few days. I literally just never liked twitter.

Either way, Moncton is in my heart. I wish I could just hug all of those people- who are probably scared out of their minds- and tell them that it'll be okay.

And then make sure it would be okay.

There are some wicked people in the world.

Maybe one day, though I'm still pretty sure I'd forget about checking things after a few days. I literally just never liked twitter.

I was the same way, thinking twitter was useless until I tried it. But i'm no twitter salesman.

CBC live stream here (heavy traffic)

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/watch/

very emotional to watch, police conducting a news conference even had to hold back tears

from news:

3 rcmp officers killed, 2 in hospital

started in moncton ~7:30 local time

residents asked to stay in home, lock doors, away from windows, in basement at best

even buses, hospitals closed

police asking not to share info via social media

shooter 'armed and dangerous'

shooters fb suggests he's anti-police

I was the same way, thinking twitter was useless until I tried it. But i'm no twitter salesman.

very emotional to watch, police conducting a news conference even had to hold back tears

I think I'll take a bit of a watch- but then I better go to bed- I'm slowly dozing off- it's been a long day. Have a good night :)

from news:

3 rcmp officers killed, 2 in hospital

started in moncton ~7:30 local time

residents asked to stay in home, lock doors, away from windows, in basement at best

city basically in lockdown

even buses, hospitals closed

police asking not to share info via social media since the shooter is apparently using it tactically

shooter 'armed and dangerous'

shooter's fb suggests he's anti-police

bumping info to next page

I didn't. Every class is important, with exams so close...but lots of my buds did. Wbu?

And regarding the more serious news...still can't believe it...

I did, after going to math class. Me and a few guys bused from Langley to the Vancouver Art Gallery. There were a lot more people then I expected.

I did, after going to math class. Me and a few guys bused from Langley to the Vancouver Art Gallery. There were a lot more people then I expected.

Shiit dude, I was thinking of going to the Art Gallery but I decided to stay at school lol.

Yeah, I heard there were quite a few people.

What school do you go to? I met a bunch of people from Church-something. But it was really chill there. Veterans handed us donuts. That was fucking awesome.

Kits. I'm guessing you met people from Churchill? that's awesome.

Kits. I'm guessing you met people from Churchill? that's awesome.

Ya, thats the one. I think I met a few people from your school too. The one thing I liked about the walk out was how it brought the students together :sunny: Have you heard about the "walk in"?

Ya, thats the one. I think I met a few people from your school too. The one thing I liked about the walk out was how it brought the students together :sunny: Have you heard about the "walk in"?

Err, no? :P