πŸŒ™ COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎡

Travis

lucyinthesky

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure any Travis albums are that great, the latest was just a selection of pleasent songs. At least The Man Who had a sense of proper consruction and inventiveness.

Β 

I agree with you, the boy with no name was a nice collection of songs, but it lacked any real flow. It was like it was created for the iPod "mix your own" album generation.

I just bought "The Man Who" after hearing "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?" (the only song I can think of that effortlessly beats "The Scientist" at its own game); now I'm wondering why I didn't get it sooner. It's kinda like Coldplay's first album with all the songs improved somewhat and an incredibly bad one thrown in at the end for no apparent reason ("Blue Flashing Light"). Once you delete that one, it's perfect. :P

Β 

If these guys get popular again, Coldplay had better watch out. :D

I just bought "The Man Who" after hearing "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?" (the only song I can think of that effortlessly beats "The Scientist" at its own game); now I'm wondering why I didn't get it sooner. It's kinda like Coldplay's first album with all the songs improved somewhat and an incredibly bad one thrown in at the end for no apparent reason ("Blue Flashing Light"). Once you delete that one, it's perfect. :P

Β 

If these guys get popular again, Coldplay had better watch out. :D

Β 

I think you are forgetting that The Man Who came out a good year before Parachutes did.

I think you are forgetting that The Man Who came out a good year before Parachutes did.

Β 

Yeah, hellloooooo, thank you! and also in response to the post above, I love Blue Flashing Light! What's wrong with that song?? WDIAROM is a great song, but not my fav on the album. I'm all about Writing to Reach You and Driftwood, but the entire album is wonderful. Just my opinion anyway....

Β 

the point is, The Man Who is fabulous and so is Travis!

Why does it always rain on me is better than the scientist?????

I cant believe that, I must get the album The Man who, Everyone seems to say its brilliant!

Β 

Β 

Its bland, really bland, its got some good songs but too much of it is so bland I just turn it off.

Β 

...I gotta say, I have no idea why you said that.

Β 

I never said one was a copy of the other, just that they seemed similar. Am I missing something here? :confused:

an incredibly bad one thrown in at the end for no apparent reason ("Blue Flashing Light").

Β 

Β 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? You have to be kidding, that is one the best songs on there! It rocks...wish I could hear it live, but a las have never.

Β 

But, really Fran really sings that from his soul. And the guitars are awesome so is the distortion.

Β 

I liked the Boy with no Name...but this next album sounds interesting...I guess they are trying out new things. Should be good! I hope!

I would go and say that The Man Who is one of the few 10.0/10 albums in my collection, it is perfect.

Β 

I'll agree with you there - "driftwood" motivated me to pass my driving test..... long story, but it worked!! :D

whaaaaaaat??!

haha, that's so weird, giving a new song to the radio and they haven't even told anyone! :D

Β 

@radiomad: yeah, it's a studio version indeed, cause the album was completely finished some time ago ;)

Β 

anyways, it's totally different... the choir sounds as if it was taken from the lord of the rings soundtrack, haha!

i really like it!!! wohooo! :dance:

It doesn't sound very finished to me, like a demo.

Β 

I really like it tho, maybe more than Violet hill???

Β 

My mate who saw them at those taster gigs said they were up to something brilliant and different I guess thats the case.