🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Travis

lucyinthesky

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it always dairylea?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRVV2LcYEXc]YouTube - Travis-"somewhere only w know"[/ame]

They came across, on 1 FM

Two unattractive and untalented men

They made us laugh, a little bit

Although at times they were quite obviously sh...

Shameful plagairists, and a wee bit pissed

But all the same, they will be terribly missed

Oh Mark and Lard, it's going to be quite hard

To say goodbye to you is tearing us apart

Now if you have a minute, why don't we go

Talk about it on the Mark and Lard show

Listen to the sound of lunatics

So where do we go, after Mark and Lard go?

After Mark and Lard go?

Who dealt the card, the fatal blow?

Who took away our favorite radio show?

Show me the man, who pulled the plug

And I will show you Britains biggest mug

Oh Mark and Lard, it's going to be quite hard To say goodbye to you is tearing us apart

Do you have to go, from our radio?

You made us high, and now all we feel is low

After Mark and Lard go?

Oh Mark and Lard, it's going to be quite hard

To say goodbye to you is tearing us apart

Do you have to go, from our radio?

You made us high, and now all we feel is low

After Mark and Lard go?

Where do Mark and Lard go?

I was a bit disappointed after seeing REM, too. They just didn't play my favourite songs during the first hour of the concert :\

Well as you know, it was half an hour into the concert before I even recognised a song ("Electrolite").:dozey:

Then they did an awful "karaoke" on "The One I Love" and they didn't even play three of their biggest hits - "Shiny Happy People", "Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight" and - most unbelievable of all - "Everybody Hurts".:angry:

That's a bit like Coldplay not doing "Yellow" or Travis not doing "Why Does It Always Rain On Me".:stunned:

Well as you know, it was half an hour into the concert before I even recognised a song ("Electrolite").:dozey:

Then they did an awful "karaoke" on "The One I Love" and they didn't even play three of their biggest hits - "Shiny Happy People", "Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight" and - most unbelievable of all - "Everybody Hurts".:angry:

That's a bit like Coldplay not doing "Yellow" or Travis not doing "Why Does It Always Rain On Me".:stunned:

R.E.M have been going a lot longer than Travis or coldplay, they couldn't even fit all their greatest hits in one show to be fair. People want to see all the ages of their music, they assume people heard the 90's stuff at their 90's tours.

Plus they hate Shiny Happy People.

R.E.M have been going a lot longer than Travis or coldplay, they couldn't even fit all their greatest hits in one show to be fair. People want to see all the ages of their music, they assume people heard the 90's stuff at their 90's tours.

Plus they hate Shiny Happy People.

Well that can be excused (although why did they ever record it, then?). But no "Everybody Hurts"? Never.:angry:

And with all due respect, their greatest hits were mostly in the Nineties.:rolleyes:

R.E.M. have never played 'Shiny Happy People' or 'Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight' live, ever! so that's nothing new. Fair enough this has been the first tour they haven't played 'Everybody Hurts' on, but it is slightly over played and they have better songs they can play besides 'Everybody Hurts'.

I personally really loved the R.E.M. gig I went to in June, but I have seen them 3 times before and have seen them play 'Everybody Hurts' so if this was your first gig I can see why you might have been disappointed but still I thought they played loads of the hits; 'The One I love', 'Orange Crush', 'End Of The World', 'Losing My Religion', 'Man On The Moon', 'Imitation Of Life' to name but a few. I thought their choice of setlist at the gig I seen was amazing as it was a career spanning setlist. I would rather hear '7 Chinese Brothers' or 'Ignoreland' over 'Everybody Hurts' to be totally honest.

Which gig did you go to? I went to the Manchester gig at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground and had a great time.

Really? I thought they ALWAYS play that one.

They decided to leave their "security blankets" at home for the five club shows they played in February ;)

If you don't mind me joining the REM discussion for sec...

Michael Stipe is one of my ultimate heroes and has been for a long time - for all kinds of reasons. I had the pleasure of meeting him and I think he's a really amazing person.

& I also think they put on a fantastic live show. They are so damn well attuned and make it so very clear from the beginning that they know one hundred per cent what they're doing. I was enormously impressed by their performance and think hardly anyone can do what they do.

Incidentally, this past summer I saw them and Travis peform sort of in the same way it'll take place in South America. REM headlined a festival and Travis were co-head the same night. And it was, quite frankly, fucking incredible.

They decided to leave their "security blankets" at home for the five club shows they played in February ;)

If you don't mind me joining the REM discussion for sec...

Michael Stipe is one of my ultimate heroes and has been for a long time - for all kinds of reasons. I had the pleasure of meeting him and I think he's a really amazing person.

& I also think they put on a fantastic live show. They are so damn well attuned and make it so very clear from the beginning that they know one hundred per cent what they're doing. I was enormously impressed by their performance and think hardly anyone can do what they do.

Incidentally, this past summer I saw them and Travis peform sort of in the same way it'll take place in South America. REM headlined a festival and Travis were co-head the same night. And it was, quite frankly, fucking incredible.

I know!! And i'm gonna be there!! *dies*