Metric

Sweet One

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back from the show at the Hollywood Palladium. I had a great time and so did my friend. I'll give a review and post a bunch of pictures tomorrow, but in the meantime, here's a teaser in the form of a demonic Emily during Monster Hospital:

metric1.jpg

Just got back from the show at the Hollywood Palladium. I had a great time and so did my friend. I'll give a review and post a bunch of pictures tomorrow, but in the meantime, here's a teaser in the form of a demonic Emily during Monster Hospital:

metric1.jpg

I heard that was an amazing show. The crowd were awesome, apparently...

ok so im not a big metric fan but......

my friend just sent me

"Poster of a Girl" and holy balls i love it!!!

she said the lyrics "looking on the brightside, when there is no brightside"... remind her of me

i want them tattooed on me somewhere now

like really badly

*feels akward for popping up in thread

*leaves thread

Can't wait to see the pics!

All right, here goes...

We got their nice and early to secure a spot in the second row, so we were essentially breathing on the band, even though the barrier between the floor and the stage was unusually large to let all the press people through (you'll see their heads in my pictures). Anyway, the opening acts were Nico Vega and Codeine Velvet Club. While I didn't care for Nico Vega's music, I can only admit that they were entertaining in their act in how bloody over-the-top insane they were. I liked Codeine Velvet Club a bit better for their music, although they kept it pretty simple.

Oh, but I know you only care about Metric, right? And so they came on and the crowd went bonkers. Oddly enough, the first several rows were pretty tame during the concert, but occasionally I would look back and see the entire middle section jumping for joy. The band played every song off Fantasies except for "Blindness", if I recall, plus their usual older hits. Best song of the night? I'm actually gonna give it to "Empty", which surprises even myself. It was extended into what felt like a 10-minute epic with plenty of sing-alongs from the crowd.

"Monster Hospital" was notable for the fact that the floor suddenly turned into a huge mosh pit as everyone started moshing like crazy (I'm not a big mosher, but I went with the flow. "Mosher Hospital"? Nah, bad pun.) Emily didn't talk much during the night, but she's nothing short of entertaining on stage. Other highlights of the night included "Sick Muse" and "Dead Disco", the very frequent shouts of "I LOVE YOU EMILY", and the mass sing-along that was an acoustic "Combat Baby".

Pics, you say? Ask and you shall receive! I must apologize sincerely for the lack of the other band members in my pics, however. The way I feel about Emily Haines is the way some girls on this forum feel about Coldplay members, except with less disgusting imagery and possibly more of a life. Also, consider these pics the cream of the crop, given that a lot of my pics were either blurry or of the head of the tall dude in front of me. Here's the pics at any rate (resized down to like 25%...seriously):

metric14.jpg

metric2.jpg

metric3.jpg

metric4.jpg

metric5.jpg

metric6.jpg

metric7.jpg

metric8.jpg

metric9.jpg

metric10.jpg

metric11.jpg

metric12.jpg

metric13.jpg

metric15.jpg

metric1.jpg

All right, here goes...

We got their nice and early to secure a spot in the second row, so we were essentially breathing on the band, even though the barrier between the floor and the stage was unusually large to let all the press people through (you'll see their heads in my pictures). Anyway, the opening acts were Nico Vega and Codeine Velvet Club. While I didn't care for Nico Vega's music, I can only admit that they were entertaining in their act in how bloody over-the-top insane they were. I liked Codeine Velvet Club a bit better for their music, although they kept it pretty simple.

Oh, but I know you only care about Metric, right? And so they came on and the crowd went bonkers. Oddly enough, the first several rows were pretty tame during the concert, but occasionally I would look back and see the entire middle section jumping for joy. The band played every song off Fantasies except for "Blindness", if I recall, plus their usual older hits. Best song of the night? I'm actually gonna give it to "Empty", which surprises even myself. It was extended into what felt like a 10-minute epic with plenty of sing-alongs from the crowd.

"Monster Hospital" was notable for the fact that the floor suddenly turned into a huge mosh pit as everyone started moshing like crazy (I'm not a big mosher, but I went with the flow. "Mosher Hospital"? Nah, bad pun.) Emily didn't talk much during the night, but she's nothing short of entertaining on stage. Other highlights of the night included "Sick Muse" and "Dead Disco", the very frequent shouts of "I LOVE YOU EMILY", and the mass sing-along that was an acoustic "Combat Baby".

Pics, you say? Ask and you shall receive! I must apologize sincerely for the lack of the other band members in my pics, however. The way I feel about Emily Haines is the way some girls on this forum feel about Coldplay members, except with less disgusting imagery and possibly more of a life. Also, consider these pics the cream of the crop, given that a lot of my pics were either blurry or of the head of the tall dude in front of me. Here's the pics at any rate (resized down to like 25%...seriously):

metric14.jpg

metric2.jpg

metric3.jpg

metric4.jpg

metric5.jpg

metric6.jpg

metric7.jpg

metric8.jpg

metric9.jpg

metric10.jpg

metric11.jpg

metric12.jpg