✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

oh yea? that's cool!

hahah, it's an odd story how David Evans got the name "The Edge". U2 was just starting out at the time. The whole band came together because of the drummer Larry! You think Bono would have been the one to form the group eh? So anyways, Bono used to bug David Evans about how he had a receding hairline, and the edge of his hair was receding every year. So David Evans eventually just called himself "The Edge".

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to listen to "Where the Streets Have No Name" all the time when I was really young, and when I was about 12 or 13, I bought The Joshua Tree. I just started to become a real U2 fanatic when my friend showed me Achtung Baby, Boy, ATYCLB, and all their other stuff. We kind of formed a U2 fan circle at my school :D

hahha why tahnk you Shibb!

I got into U2 when I heard Beautiful Day for the first time. And then I bought All That You Can't Leave Behind, and then I moved on from there. I heard U2 for the first time when I was 7 years old, but I didn't know who they were. I remember, I loved the song! It was I Still Haven't FOund What I'm Looking For, but I didn't know who made it!

I liked the video for Stuck In A Moment. The one where they are all at the football game, and the Quarterback tries to kick a field goal, but he misses. And goes through the moment over and over again from different perspectives. Like it shows Bono sitting down. Then Adam reading his paper. The Edge tripping down the stairs. And Larry cheering. That's my fave U2 video.

Well, Edge isn't *really* bald....but balding.

And Larry was great as a football hooligan in that video! :lol:

Somehow I can't picture Edge being completely bald. That would be interesting. :lol:

I like Larry better in the Electrical Storm video. ;)