✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went both nights last week at Giants Stadium. My first time seeing U2 (and Muse! <3) and I'm itching to go to another U2 concert. And Muse for that matter when they do their tour.

I can understand now why so many people spend so much dough on traveling and tickets for U2; once is not enough! It really is something else when you're there in person! Had a fabulous time (and a horrible tan lol)

Here are my pics and my videos from Giants Stadium.

As for SNL, I watch almost every week and I was really hoping it'd be funny, but it just wasn't. U2 was the saving grace. They played With or Without You also for the audience. I wish they would've shown that.

Fantastic pics and videos! Thanks for sharing. Where were your seats? it looked like you were up high for the pictures, but on the field for the videos. Just wondering because I'm going to be in the upper tier. ;)

and I completely agree about SNL. didn't know they also performed With or Without You... that would have been great to see.

Fantastic pics and videos! Thanks for sharing. Where were your seats? it looked like you were up high for the pictures, but on the field for the videos. Just wondering because I'm going to be in the upper tier. ;)

and I completely agree about SNL. didn't know they also performed With or Without You... that would have been great to see.

The first night I had seats in the upper tier, first row, right in the middle. The band came in and out through the tunnel right under me. I don't think there's a bad seat in the house, and since you're in the upper tier, you'll be able to see and appreciate the fullness of the Claw and the light effects. It's a totally different, but awesome, view from being on the floor.

The second night I was on the floor. First row of the outer pit, towards Edge's side. Glad I was in that spot because the moving bridges stopped in front of us a few times (as shown by some of my pics :) )

Where are you seeing them? I'm sure you'll have an awesome time!

^Sounds awesome! I kinda wish I had gotten GA tickets, but from the looks of it, the claw and video screens should make being up high pretty entertaining anyway. :) I'll be seeing them in Dallas in a couple of weeks. :dance:

I'm going with some friends that'll be on the floor... how did that work? Is it just first come, first served in the inner pit, or are those special tickets?

Nah, floor tickets aren't 'special tickets'. Yes it's basically a first come first serve deal in getting into the pit. I was one of many floor ticket holders who started lining up outside the stadium in the morning. Someone at the front of the line took down our names and wrote numbers on our wrists so that noone would cut us in line during the day. You wait for a few hours (and get a nasty sunburn, in my case) and when the stadium opens for the floor ticket holders (I think it was 4:30/5 for us at Giants), you RUN or speedwalk as fast as you can to the spot you want. I could've gone into the inner pit, but because I'm so short, I probably would've gotten a painful crick in my neck (the stage was high) by the end of the night if I had tried for front row(people ahead of me beat me to it). Front row of the outer pit was much better for me, I was able to see past the tall people in the inner pit and could see the huge screen better.

Sorry for the massive multi-quote, but here goes...

Nah, floor tickets aren't 'special tickets'. Yes it's basically a first come first serve deal in getting into the pit. I was one of many floor ticket holders who started lining up outside the stadium in the morning. Someone at the front of the line took down our names and wrote numbers on our wrists so that noone would cut us in line during the day. You wait for a few hours (and get a nasty sunburn, in my case) and when the stadium opens for the floor ticket holders (I think it was 4:30/5 for us at Giants), you RUN or speedwalk as fast as you can to the spot you want. I could've gone into the inner pit, but because I'm so short, I probably would've gotten a painful crick in my neck (the stage was high) by the end of the night if I had tried for front row(people ahead of me beat me to it). Front row of the outer pit was much better for me, I was able to see past the tall people in the inner pit and could see the huge screen better.

Cool! Thanks for the info! :nice:

I forget if I posted a link to my concert review. If I did, here it is:

http://jbriggins.blogspot.com/2009/09/concert-review-u2.html

Great review! Thanks for sharing it.

24 hours til my concert. Get hyped.

:dance::dance::dance: Have fun!

bump for those who have not seen my videos :P

Fantastic videos, thanks! Looks to be about where I'll be sitting. That thing is monstrous, isn't it?!?

Im going to the Raleigh concert so excited. Forecast says a chance of rain though. do they still play even if its raining.

don't know for sure, but I think it's pretty safe to assume they'll play even if it's raining! Have fun!