✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Indeed

Now I am a boy, so I read Lola's spoiler :uhoh: Just to satisfy your fantasies, I am posting Matt's tights pants pictures that I took. :uhoh: Don't kill me for reading the spoiler :uhoh2: :P

2z74k04.jpg

xcm5b9.jpg

Nah, don't worry, I won't kill you now!

You have earned your life with these pics :P

*saves on her hard drive*

Ok, this deserves to be in the "Matt Bellamy Appreciation thread" :sneaky:

Funny, now I want to own a pair of jeans like those. That color is amazing! :lol:

^:lol::lol::lol: Thanks for posting the pics! :wink3:

btw, dfit00, what's your name?

Yeah, specially the 2nd one. RAWR! :wink3: :lol: :P

Same as Elbow/Glasvegas then.

Odd you didn't get a smaller band to open up like the Hours

Well, it seems MUSE took this opportunity to expose themselves to a bigger audience. It's working, everyone around me thought they were pretty good :D

Hey guys, sorry to bump in, but I've got some questions...

1. U2 FINALLY announced they're coming to Belgium, and ticket sale opens coming Saturday. I've waited forever for this news, but I'm really afraid that I won't be able to get tickets. I'm not a member of the U2 fan club, so I have no access to presale. Is anyone of you a member of the club? Is it worth to join it, just to get tickets?

2. The ad mentions tickets for 'the zone'. They are quite expensive (250 €) so I wonder what these are about. Best seats? Anyone knows?

Thanks!

I drove by Reliant Stadium this morning on my way home from work and saw a whole lot of semi trucks parked in the lot next to the stadium. I guess U2's crew is already in Houston starting to build the giant claw for Wednesday's show. Oh and I also saw Reliant staff starting to set up the barriers. I guess they are expecting people to start lining up soon. :stunned:

^You're going to the Houston gig right, Angie? Do you have GA tix or seats?

That's crazy that it's such a huge production they need to start setting up two days in advance!

Leaving for Dallas in 3 hours!!! :dance:

Wish you a good show - ENJOY and let us have a review afterwards. ENJOY! :)

^Sorry, I don't. I do know that they have two floor sections- an inner and outer pit. don't know if there's a diff in how you get tickets. Also couldn't say about joining the fan club. There are some perks, I know, but it seemed too expensive to really be worth it. I know Rishi (dfit00) was in the inner-circle/pit the other night... He may have more insight!

No one knows what these tickets for 'the zone' are about?

Is it some kind of golden circle?

Could be like the Red Zones here.

27555s_a.gif

Red 1 and Red 2 were auctioned off over here. This is the info about them:

Auction package includes access to the (RED) Zones--high profile general admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runways & access to a special concession & merchandise stand. All winners will be charged a per ticket price equal to their bid per ticket plus any applicable fees when the auction ends. All winners will be contacted by a Tour Rep prior to event date.

A portion of the proceeds will be given in support of (RED) to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. The amounts you pay to purchase tickets/packages may not be tax-deductible by you.

One of the zones also came with a tour of their backstage area, but not a meeting with the band.

Hope that helps.

^You're going to the Houston gig right, Angie? Do you have GA tix or seats?

That's crazy that it's such a huge production they need to start setting up two days in advance!

Leaving for Dallas in 3 hours!!! :dance:

I know. I guess it's like what Coldplay did during their stadium shows. They have 2 crews and one is always setting up for their next show while they are playing another show.

I have a seat. Section 125, row 10

27555s_a.gif

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'd love to find out how much it costs U2 to do shows on this scale. Zoo TV, Popmart and 360 are just bloody massive.

Could be like the Red Zones here.

27555s_a.gif

Red 1 and Red 2 were auctioned off over here. This is the info about them:

Auction package includes access to the (RED) Zones--high profile general admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runways & access to a special concession & merchandise stand. All winners will be charged a per ticket price equal to their bid per ticket plus any applicable fees when the auction ends. All winners will be contacted by a Tour Rep prior to event date.

A portion of the proceeds will be given in support of (RED) to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. The amounts you pay to purchase tickets/packages may not be tax-deductible by you.

One of the zones also came with a tour of their backstage area, but not a meeting with the band.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! A backstage tour would be awesome :stunned:

^ Each stage costs $40 million, and there are three stages built, a total of $120 million. According to some websites, the set up of the stage costs around $850,000 for each show.

2nd hand info here but i was informed that the entire stage cost around $100M(that covers all 3 of the 360 stages) and the screen is rumored to cost somewhere between $10-$15M.