✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

^Patience, Nancy! :D

the show last night was just... excellent. I'm out of superlatives! Muse opened and they did a fabulous set... absolutely loved them.

I was lucky enough to see U2 back on the Elevation Tour, which I loooooved because All That You Can't Leave Behind is one of my favorite U2 albums. This tour was certainly more grand, but every bit as engaging and wonderful.

They opened with 3 songs from NLOTH, my favorite being Magnificent (though part of me still expects to see Coldplay emerge after it!). My first goosebump moment came when the audience sang the beginning of I Still Haven't Found. Sooo cool! Other highlights for me: Stuck in a Moment (acoustic). I was never a huge fan of this song on the album, but it was really, really lovely as they performed it last night. Just Bono and Edge on guitar singing background vocals. loved it. 'No Line on the Horizon' (the song) was also really, really great live. Another favorite was City of Blinding Lights. I just love that song! While he was singing it, Bono pulled a young teenager out of the audience and walked with him around the stage. That was pretty cool. The audience was really great, too, I thought. Tons of people up and dancing to every song. It was a great atmosphere. The only thing I was not particularly fond of was the remix of Crazy Tonight... I really like that song on the album and it just didn't have the same impact done as a remix, I thought.

The show was in the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium, which was a really impressive building. The giant screens used for the games were off and pulled way up high to accomodate the top of the claw. The roof was closed, which made the audience seem even more massive than it was. I think I read in the Dallas paper they estimated around 75 thousand attended last night. The only negative thing I heard was that the sound in the top tiers was a little muddled. I was supposed to have been way up there, but ended up in a mid-level suite, thanks to some friends with connections. That was awesome.... and they sounded great from where I was. :)

Anyway, setlist:

Breathe

Get on Your Boots

Magnificent

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Stuck In A Moment

No Line on the Horizon

Elevation

Until The End of the World

Unforgettable Fire

City of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

I'll Go Crazy - Remix

Sunday Bloody Sunday

MLK

Walk On

One

Where The Streets Have No Name

----

Ultraviolet

With or Without You

Moment of Surrender

and a vid:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I took some pictures, which came out horribly, but I'll try to post them later today. :) Great, great show. If you ever have a chance to see them anywhere in the world, DO IT!!

Oh, and Muse, too! :heart:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. I guess it's like what Coldplay did during their stadium shows. They have 2 crews and one is always setting up for their next show while they are playing another show.

I have a seat. Section 125, row 10

27555s_a.gif

Looks like decent seats, side on view with the stage without the legs of the claws getting in the way

U2 review

^Patience, Nancy! :D

the show last night was just... excellent. I'm out of superlatives! Muse opened and they did a fabulous set... absolutely loved them.

I was lucky enough to see U2 back on the Elevation Tour, which I loooooved because All That You Can't Leave Behind is one of my favorite U2 albums. This tour was certainly more grand, but every bit as engaging and wonderful.

They opened with 3 songs from NLOTH, my favorite being Magnificent (though part of me still expects to see Coldplay emerge after it!). My first goosebump moment came when the audience sang the beginning of I Still Haven't Found. Sooo cool! Other highlights for me: Stuck in a Moment (acoustic). I was never a huge fan of this song on the album, but it was really, really lovely as they performed it last night. Just Bono and Edge on guitar singing background vocals. loved it. 'No Line on the Horizon' (the song) was also really, really great live. Another favorite was City of Blinding Lights. I just love that song! While he was singing it, Bono pulled a young teenager out of the audience and walked with him around the stage. That was pretty cool. The audience was really great, too, I thought. Tons of people up and dancing to every song. It was a great atmosphere. The only thing I was not particularly fond of was the remix of Crazy Tonight... I really like that song on the album and it just didn't have the same impact done as a remix, I thought.

The show was in the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium, which was a really impressive building. The giant screens used for the games were off and pulled way up high to accomodate the top of the claw. The roof was closed, which made the audience seem even more massive than it was. I think I read in the Dallas paper they estimated around 75 thousand attended last night. The only negative thing I heard was that the sound in the top tiers was a little muddled. I was supposed to have been way up there, but ended up in a mid-level suite, thanks to some friends with connections. That was awesome.... and they sounded great from where I was. :)

Anyway, setlist:

Breathe

Get on Your Boots

Magnificent

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Stuck In A Moment

No Line on the Horizon

Elevation

Until The End of the World

Unforgettable Fire

City of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

I'll Go Crazy - Remix

Sunday Bloody Sunday

MLK

Walk On

One

Where The Streets Have No Name

----

Ultraviolet

With or Without You

Moment of Surrender

and a vid:

I took some pictures, which came out horribly, but I'll try to post them later today. :) Great, great show. If you ever have a chance to see them anywhere in the world, DO IT!!

Oh, and Muse, too! :heart:

THANKS FOR YOUR REVIEW, JEN - IT WAS GOOD TO HEAR THAT IT HAS BEEN A REALLY MAGNIFICENT EXPERIENCE. And thanks for posting the SETLIST.

Did you or did you not miss Pride (in the Name of Love)?

OK... some pics. :)

4008848455_31a4269dd6.jpg

Dallas Cowboys Stadium

4009614086_423f92d8e2.jpg

Concert advertisement playing on screens outside stadium

4009616820_3eaf31a30f.jpg

4009622796_52b448b8fa.jpg

4008859043_eff8d24c12.jpg

Jen! I am so happy for you that you went to Dallas' gig! :D

I am glad that you had a great time, and those great pics, you literally have the whole claw plus the whole stadium in there! I told you that U2 will rock you, ah, I can't wait for the 25th once again! :wacky:

@ Nancy- yes, I absolutely missed Pride (in the Name of Love). Hearing that song would have made the night perfect!

and thanks, Rishi! It was incredible! and the 25th? Do you get to see them again??

Indeed, I am going to Los Angeles' and Vancouver's gigs also, I can't miss my favorite band's last two shows of this leg in North America and with the most hardcore fans ever! :cool:

^Yeah, the stadium was incredible. Just huge beyond anything and really quite nice. The old Texas Stadium was rather depressing... this is much nicer (well, as nice as a stadium can be). We got to be in a suite in the 300 level, so we got to see the ultra-posh lounge areas where they serve Dom Perignon and Green Chile Kobe Burgers :P The suites were killer. Very, very cool. and it was all just HUGE.

Edited to add photo of said ultra-posh lounge/bar:

4008850943_b49d1d8be0.jpg

can't wait to hear about your show tomorrow!

I just paid a subscription on U2.com. Now I can buy my tickets this afternoon before the sale opens, so I will be sure to have them :dance:

Now, I really like how subscribers can make a U2.com - email address, but I don't find how I can do it? I have to register on the fan site, but where is that? :thinking:

YAYYYYYY I've got my tickets for Brussels! :dance: :dance:

Let it be Septembre soon :lol:

It was so stressfull... Site went down all the time, and in the mean time I saw all the tickets got sold out. But I've got mine :dance:

YAYYYYYY I've got my tickets for Brussels! :dance: :dance:

Let it be Septembre soon :lol:

It was so stressfull... Site went down all the time, and in the mean time I saw all the tickets got sold out. But I've got mine :dance:

Congratulations Evelien for getting U2 tickets!!!!! :dance:

My presale was awesome too, and that code really helps a lot. About the U2.com email address, it's your own username that you registered with plus the @u2.com. So in other words it's the [email protected].

^Yeah, that jumbotron is immense. Apparently, the claw is supposed to be set up in the middle of the field, to allow more of an in-the-round feel, but the screen was too large, so it had to be put to one side. Not sure how true that is, but that's what I heard. Was also reading some reviews of the show that said the seats in the upper-tier (the 400s) had HORRIBLE sound. People talked about leaving 4 songs into the set because the bass reverb and echoes were so bad. We totally lucked out with our friends getting us better seats!

^Yeah, that jumbotron is immense. Apparently, the claw is supposed to be set up in the middle of the field, to allow more of an in-the-round feel, but the screen was too large, so it had to be put to one side. Not sure how true that is, but that's what I heard. Was also reading some reviews of the show that said the seats in the upper-tier (the 400s) had HORRIBLE sound. People talked about leaving 4 songs into the set because the bass reverb and echoes were so bad. We totally lucked out with our friends getting us better seats!

I kinda thought sound would suck up in the rafters. I mean it's a football stadium, not a concert hall. I am trying to decide on how early to go. Traffic and parking at Reliant sucks balls.

I shot Muse's whole set. Shot a bit of U2 but was too close to get the Claw in most shots. :lol:

They came out to Space Oddity. Asked how we liked their "space ship". Said they went out to NASA yesterday and that lots of NASA peeps were in the house. When I got there the roof was closed, but after Muse's set I noticed it was open. Not sure when that happened. The top disco ball was almost touching the roof. It must look amazing from out side the stadium, crazy lights flashing. :laugh3:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/conte...038b2ae8150d24 and posted at the "Coldplay honoured at the ASCAP AWARDS" thread:

Sir Paul McCartney, Coldplay and the Ting Tings were among those honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) at its London awards ceremony. (EDIT by me: AND ALSO U2).

"The ASCAP Awards, held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London tonight (Oct. 14), recognized the most performed works in 2008 by writer and publisher members of U.K. collecting society PRS for Music, who are licensed by ASCAP for the U.S."

"U2 were also double winners for "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and "With or Without You."

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/conte...038b2ae8150d24

Congratulations to U2! :thumbsup::thumbsup::dance::dance::clap::clap:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/conte...038b2ae8150d24 and posted at the "Coldplay honoured at the ASCAP AWARDS" thread:

Sir Paul McCartney, Coldplay and the Ting Tings were among those honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) at its London awards ceremony. (EDIT by me: AND ALSO U2).

"The ASCAP Awards, held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London tonight (Oct. 14), recognized the most performed works in 2008 by writer and publisher members of U.K. collecting society PRS for Music, who are licensed by ASCAP for the U.S."

"U2 were also double winners for "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and "With or Without You."

So awesome! :sweatdrop:

Yayyyy:dance::dance: :smug: