✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

The first night of Giants Stadium there was a bit of rain which fortunately went away and didn't turn into a full blown thunderstorm. When it started raining these umbrella things sprouted over Larry's drum set and over Adam and Edge's stuff. So yeah, they'll play through the rain lol

3949845589_b6972d4bf8.jpg

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^They're supposed to be recording while still on tour? I haven't checked their schedule recently... do they have any breaks coming up?

apparently Larry's drum tech said they were to record in Vancouver once it's done, which is supposed to be in October

U2 Spider-Man Album Possible

It looks like there could be two new U2 albums coming soon: A follow-up to this year's No Line On The Horizon and another disc based on Bono and The Edge's Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark musical.

Bono and The Edge wrote the music for Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark, which will be previewed on Feb. 25 at Los Angeles' Hilton Theatre. U2 told Rolling Stone they have a number of projects they could start working on soon, and The Edge mentioned the Spider-Man album in the conversation.

"It's hard to say [about a Spider-Man album]," he said. "There will be a Spider-Man album, but whether it's us or the cast, that's the sort of thing we're not sure about. There are some amazing tunes."

Bono is extremely keen on the idea of doing a Spider-Man record.

"If we're going to do another rock record, I want to do Spider-Man," he said. "I just haven't talked Adam [Clayton, bass] and Larry [Mullen, Jr., drums] into that."

As for the second possible U2 record, Mullen, Jr. said he thinks the band should focus on unfinished songs from their aborted sessions with producer Rick Rubin (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys) and some material from sessions in Fez, Morocco.

"I think there's a part two of [No Line On The Horizon]," he told the magazine. "That would be my instinct, would be to complete this.

"I think there is slower, meditative stuff [in the unfinished songs], but I think there are other things, as well, and I don't think it will end up being that kind of record. I think it will end up being a mixture of a few different things. I would like to think that we would have a song that would end up on the radio."

Bono also reiterated that the next proper U2 album will be called Songs Of Ascent. It's rumoured it will be a reggae album.

U2 are playing these shows in support of No Line On The Horizon:

Oct. 1 Charlottesville, VA @ Scott Stadium

Oct. 3 Raleigh, NC @ Carter Finlay Stadium

Oct. 6 Atlanta, GA @ Georgia Dome

Oct. 9 Tampa, FL @ Raymond James Stadium

Oct. 12 Dallas, TX @ New Cowboys Stadium

Oct. 14 Houston, TX @ Reliant Stadium

Oct. 18 Norman, OK @ Oklahoma Memorial Stadium

Oct. 20 Phoenix, AZ @ University Of Phoenix

Oct. 23 Las Vegas, NV @ Sam Boyd Stadium

Oct. 25 Pasadena, CA @ Rose Bowl

Oct. 28 Vancouver, BC @ BC Place

http://www.chartattack.com/news/75152/u2-spider-man-album-possible

Songs of Ascent is gonna take a while to be released :uneasy:

Charlottesville setlist

Breathe

Get On Your Boots

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day / The Hands That Built America (snippet)

No Line On The Horizon

Magnificent

Elevation

Your Blue Room

New Year's Day

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Stuck In A Moment

The Unforgettable Fire

City Of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

Crazy Tonight

Sunday Bloody Sunday

MLK

Walk On

Encore(s):

One / Amazing Grace (snippet)

Where The Streets Have No Name

Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

With Or Without You

Moment of Surrender

They kept it similar to New York I & II, Pride was not played this already being the 9th time not played in a row.

Quote: Pride was not played this already being the 9th time not played in a row.

I am surprised (almost shocked) and sad to read that, because I do LOVE "Pride (In the Name of Love)" - my second most beloved U2 song after "ONE". I thought that this song was a popular song so I am surprised to read that it has not been played during 9 concerts in a row! And "dfit00". In the setlist "One" is written in the same line as another song. Does it mean that only a small part of "One" was played? :shocked2:

:uneasy:

Charlottesville setlist

Breathe

Get On Your Boots

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day / The Hands That Built America (snippet)

No Line On The Horizon

Magnificent

Elevation

Your Blue Room

New Year's Day

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Stuck In A Moment

The Unforgettable Fire

City Of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

Crazy Tonight

Sunday Bloody Sunday

MLK

Walk On

Encore(s):

One / Amazing Grace (snippet)

Where The Streets Have No Name

Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

With Or Without You

Moment of Surrender

They kept it similar to New York I & II, Pride was not played this already being the 9th time not played in a row.

that's a huge improvement! much better than having like, five NLOTH songs in a row off the back.

Quote: Pride was not played this already being the 9th time not played in a row.

I am surprised (almost shocked) and sad to read that, because I do LOVE "Pride (In the Name of Love)" - my second most beloved U2 song after "ONE". I thought that this song was a popular song so I am surprised to read that it has not been played during 9 concerts in a row! And "dfit00". In the setlist "One" is written in the same line as another song. Does it mean that only a small part of "One" was played? :shocked2:

I'm disappointed to hear that as well... I Love Pride and really, really hope it makes it into the setlist when I see them on the 12th!

U2 thread

No, it just means that it runs directly into a snippet of another song.

Thanks. I am so glad to hear that, because I simply love ONE ("we are one, but we are not the same, we must carry each other, carry each other" etc) - a truly beautiful song. Their best IMO.

October 03, 2009 at Raleigh, NC

Venue: Carter-Finley Stadium

Opening Act(s): Muse

Main Set: Breathe, Get On Your Boots, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day - C Moon, No Line On The Horizon, Magnificent, Elevation, In A Little While, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Stand By Me, Stuck In A Moment, The Unforgettable Fire, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix), Sunday Bloody Sunday - People Get Ready, MLK, Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone

Encore(s): One, Amazing Grace, Where the Streets Have No Name, Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender

from u2tours.com

Guest howyousawtheworld

Main Set: Breathe, Get On Your Boots, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day - C Moon, No Line On The Horizon, Magnificent, Elevation, In A Little While, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Stand By Me, Stuck In A Moment, The Unforgettable Fire, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix), Sunday Bloody Sunday - People Get Ready, MLK, Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone

Encore(s): One, Amazing Grace, Where the Streets Have No Name, Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender

from u2tours.com

You'll Never Walk Alone! Fantastic - although I don't think U2 do it as good as the Kop!

Great to see The Unforgettable Fire still on the setlist. Having viewed it on youtube, it sounds and looks magical. What a great move by U2 to have brought it back over 20 years on!

from u2tours.com

I am surprised to see the number of Encore(s). For a long time U2 had only three encore(s) - "With or Without You" used to be no. 2 (I am 99% sure of that).

U2 is playing in Denmark on the 15 and 16 August 2010, and the tickets were sold out in very few hours. I fear that some of the tickets were bought by people wanting to make a lot of money by selling the tickets at a very high price! Madonna played a concert in Denmark on 11 August 2009, and her concert was not sold-out. Coldplay had not sold out the concert in Herning on 16 August 2009.