🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

U2

Paul is one of the best in the business.

I don't like 360 based on it being big for the sake of being big. ZooTv was big to make fun of themselves.

Popmart was big to make fun of media and the world.

It seems to me 360 is just to cram more people into the stadium, its cool granted. Just not my thing.

By the way, Im critical because I expected better. One day I will see them again when they get over this spending money for the sake of it.

U2 will profit because those numbers dont include merchandise. Which saved their asses with PopMart.

Now, Now - it's big because the stage backdrop was unsightly and blocked the view for the fans in the other seats. Tall enough now to be "unseen" because it's so large - only Goodyear and space satellites can get the whole thing into focus.:P (and I like it - it's cool.)

Bono liked Mr. Macphisto, but it was time to move on..

& cramming people into a stadium is what it's all about. Otherwise, playing to the crickets isn't quite as much fun (unless we're all crickets..).

If you expect better, then compete with them! Nothing spurs a band like competition.;)

Pop mart came after Pop Tart, so naturally it was to make fun of media and all that jazz! Overproduced media hype is what we're good at in the modern world, and the media could use a few more satires these days as well..

Merchandise. Action figures sold separately. Some restrictions apply. See package label for instructions and details.:P (;)shhh! I want my Bono, Edge, Larry, and Adam bobble heads! Actually, hmm.. there's a marketable idea!:idea2::shifty::laugh3:) I must do a search..:whistle::escaping::escaping3:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh3: Hmm.. I can only imagine - let's see, there's the royalty set, with Queen Elizabeth (Buckingham palace in the background), for 60 pounds sterling each, or the U2 set, for 77 pounds sterling each, complete with a matching set of tea cups and saucers.. So where do I look for something like that Malcolm?

Anyhow, I found it interesting and coincidental, that wandering the net, I discovered that Bono was in Dallas in 1983. A security guard who recognized him asked him for an autograph, and where he was headed. Bono said something about seeing a movie - Trading Places. I was just thinking about that movie the other day actually, after watching a show on some of the Wall-Street insider moves affecting us, and thinking how cathartic it would be if those big shots were suddenly put in the shoes of those people they bilked. Anyhow, just a daydream..

Something like that. If I recall they had to exit through the bottom again.

Also, my disappointment has been filled with excitement for John Mayer. I know rag on me all you want.

I've got nothing against John Mayer. In fact, I've seen him a few times myself. However, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting over the disappointment of a U2 show with a John Mayer concert. That idea is just incomprehensible.

^ I don't believe so. I think you have to pay the $50 subscription, and then you are assigned a pre-sale tier. I believe there are currently 4 different tiers (obviously, the newer the member, the higher your tier number). I never subscribe, which is probably why I always end up with crummy seats to U2. It's a great deal for the years that they tour, but when they are not touring, $50 is a lot of money to me. Plus, I am a fan of too many bands, and they all offer some type of similar scam, errrrrr, deal.

If you're going to the show I don't think its that bad a deal. You can buy 4 tickets with the pre-sale. And you also get an exclusive CD or something like that. So I like to think of it as being an extra $10 per ticket, and then $10 for an exclusive CD....thats how I justify it :P

If you're going to the show I don't think its that bad a deal. You can buy 4 tickets with the pre-sale. And you also get an exclusive CD or something like that. So I like to think of it as being an extra $10 per ticket, and then $10 for an exclusive CD....thats how I justify it :P

Yeah, that's exactly what my friend says. To him, it's worth it. For me, not so much.

I just thought I would add that the major benefit of the pre-sale is securing GA tickets, which are the best and practically cheapest tickets in the house. However, if you miss out on GA, you will still get the next best available, which hover around the $250 range. For me, it's GA or bust because I am not dropping $250 to sit in the bleachers of a stadium show.

Also, even if you get GA, you are stuck spending the entire day in line. In Los Angeles, fans were lining up in great numbers the night before.

I love U2 but going to their shows is the biggest headache for me.

I love reserved seating because you don't have to get there for silly-o-clock to get a decent spot.

Like for Snow Patrol on their reworked all seated tour, I'm 2nd row but me and my brother ain't planing to get there until after 6pm (cos it's cheaper parking)

^ I agree. I prefer reserved seating as well. But for u2, decent reserved seating costs a fortune. And with it being a stadium tour, they look like ants unless you drop the big bucks and get the prime reserved seats. On the vertigo tour, I bought cheap uppers and was completely happy. But that was an arena, not a stadium.

^ I agree. I prefer reserved seating as well. But for u2, decent reserved seating costs a fortune. And with it being a stadium tour, they look like ants unless you drop the big bucks and get the prime reserved seats. On the vertigo tour, I bought cheap uppers and was completely happy. But that was an arena, not a stadium.

Or get given free tickets ;) :sneaky:

THIS. :D

Yeah, I don't really mind speding a lot for a seat.

Why? Because you get a seat. Not squashed on top of people, standing for a few hours before the show.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. :P

Plus you can go to the toilet/food place/bar/smoking area during the break!