✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

Guest howyousawtheworld

Right now I am listening to The Unforgettable Fire remastered edition (with bonus cd and booklet as well!) and it is FUCKING AMAZING! It's the best remastered cd I have ever bought. It is scarily awesome.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
any noticeable differences?

Just that there seems to be more energy and it's much more alive than the older cd I had. Plus the deluxe edition with the extra unreleased materials and bsides as well as live songs is fantastic.

Interesting! I think I'll have to pick one up. TUF is my favourite U2 album.

I started to become hesitant about the remasters after the only noticeable difference (to me) re: The Joshua Tree was it was a bit louder and slightly more crisp (although I love the deluxe set of it. The book is very lovely and I adore the live DVD too.). The deluxe box I got with the first three albums is one I really wish I hadn't bought. I like the extras but the remastering doesn't really seem all that great and I think I could have put my money to better use.

They don't have to move the claw. They have 3 of them, so one can be used for the current concert and another can be set up in the next city. You may, in fact, get a 2nd show. Who knows?

I didn't know that. Thanks! I will keep my fingers crossed :D

But I remember I read (a while ago) something about a cancellation in NJ or NY for that reason. I might be wrong.

I didn't know that. Thanks! I will keep my fingers crossed :D

But I remember I read (a while ago) something about a cancellation in NJ or NY for that reason. I might be wrong.

The NJ show was moved b/c a football game got moved up in time and they wouldn't have had enough time to dismantle the stage.

I don't know if I want to go see them again on this tour, not a big fan of the stage and Bono sounded rough.

Haha, well I'm shelling out plenty of $$$ to see them in Montreal :P

Between Montreal, Boston, and No Line on The Horizon, Briggins has invested lots of bones in the bank of U2. :P

Well, you're stimulating the economy!;);) (plus getting stimulated by the music - which looks like a fantastic time to me!)

There's fewer better investments in life than getting something uplifting and having that larger-than-life experience - it's worth being part of something greater, something grander, something... something with claws!:P

**We could all just collect albums, and save them in the original wrapper, knowing they'll be worth a fortune some day (like the Beatles lunch boxes in 'mint condition') - but what fun would that be???:)**

Well, you're stimulating the economy!;);) (plus getting stimulated by the music - which looks like a fantastic time to me!)

There's fewer better investments in life than getting something uplifting and having that larger-than-life experience - it's worth being part of something greater, something grander, something... something with claws!:P

**We could all just collect albums, and save them in the original wrapper, knowing they'll be worth a fortune some day (like the Beatles lunch boxes in 'mint condition') - but what fun would that be???:)**

Exactly! You build a playground to play with, not to keep it in good condition :P

Exactly! You build a playground to play with, not to keep it in good condition :P

You know that's so true! (but thank goodness someone keeps the original in the wrapper - then it can be remastered for us to listen to again!:laugh3:)

I thought it was funny watching the checkout gal here at our local U-fill giving Bono the eye-exam when he handed her his ID..:lol: (it must have taken here a good two minutes gazing lovingly into his eyes - I think actually enjoyed it though.:P)

Got tickets for the second night in Anaheim. I'm taking my step-mom to this one and I don't think she'd fare well in a GA Floor, so I settled for some higher seats. Should still be fun, though.

Lately I've gotten really addicted to "Even Better than the Real Thing". One of U2's catchiest songs.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Got tickets for the second night in Anaheim. I'm taking my step-mom to this one and I don't think she'd fare well in a GA Floor, so I settled for some higher seats. Should still be fun, though.

Lately I've gotten really addicted to "Even Better than the Real Thing". One of U2's catchiest songs.

I know. Like me with Until The End Of The World! But Even Better Than The Real Thing is irresistible!