✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pink Floyd Thread

Jacob

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a massive fan of the floyd too. Well, everything they did when Roger Waters was in the band anyway. Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell are total crap IMHO - and has there ever been a more aptly titled album than A Momentary Lapse of Reason lol.

I love ALL of there other albums and can't really pick a list of faves coz i'd just end up listing them all !! I do have a soft spot for there psychedlic albums a bit more often than Dark Side onwards - Atom Heart Mother, Ummagumma and the soundtrack from More probably get spun more than the others.

Yah' date=' they are legendary and clearly an influence on many bands.[/quote']

IMHO they are the most influential band of all time. Not only in style but also in the fact that they gave everyone a license to do what the hell they wanted to do with their music - an influence that stands to this day (just check out the weirdness of artists such as Max Tundra, Merzbow and Autechre's later outings to name just a few). And i've lost count of the times that I've heard influences from Animals.

The timing of this thread is funny' date=' because I just listened to Pink Floyd for the first time in months last night. :roll:[/quote']

Same here !! Hadn't listened to 'em for months myself - it was The Wall that got me listening to them again

Love Pink Floyd especially Dark Side' date=' Atom Heart Mother, and The Division Bell. Too bad they'll probably never reunite :([/quote']

We might be in luck !! (check out the stories about live 8)

http://news.google.co.uk/news?q=pink%20floyd%20reunion&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wn :)

Hope it does happen, but, then again, don't suppose they'd write any new material with Roger Waters again :(

I'd advise fans of The Wall to check out Roger's first solo album - Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking. Radio Kaos was a bit crap but his latest Amused To Death is Roger back on form ! :cool:

If Pink Floyd play Live 8 in Philadelphia... I think I would have a heart attack and die.

And if that doesn't happen, in the event that they actually go on tour (which I'm certainly not expecting to happen even if they do reunite for Live 8), I'd pay money to see them, as long as they promise not to play "Learning to Fly" or "High Hopes." :lol:

(they probably would play those songs, and I'd probably still pay lots to see them. But if they're gonna throw me crap like that, they have to give me one Barrett-era song... just one... "Astronomy Domine" anyone?)

If Pink Floyd play Live 8 in Philadelphia... I think I would have a heart attack and die.

And if that doesn't happen, in the event that they actually go on tour (which I'm certainly not expecting to happen even if they do reunite for Live 8), I'd pay money to see them, as long as they promise not to play "Learning to Fly" or "High Hopes." :lol:

(they probably would play those songs, and I'd probably still pay lots to see them. But if they're gonna throw me crap like that, they have to give me one Barrett-era song... just one... "Astronomy Domine" anyone?)

Wow, peedston, high hopes is one of my favorite tracks from division bell. I know it doesn't get much love but that guitar solo that finishes out the song is splendiferous :)

Do you even like music socrates?

Love it, it's one of my absolute favourite things. But the majority of prog-rock is awful, and Pink Floyd are no exception. King Crimson are the redeeming band of the genre.