✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pink Floyd Thread

Jacob

Is the PInk Floyd- Wizard of OZ thing true?

Ive heard from various people- including Chis Martin on Lamaque that if you play Dark Side of The Moon simultaneously with the wizard of oz and turn the sound down they complement each other, making it really weird and crazy! The guy from pink floyd said when asked why he did it: 'You've gotta do something for the students that smoke to many reefers!' Has anybody tried and tested it? Or is it just bullshit?

The other thing I've heard works is playing a pink floyd song with the elevator in 2001 space odessy. Just a thought.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I've just posted about Pink Floyd before i read this one! I love Pink Floyd. They are so creative and original with every thing they do.

Has anybody got 'Dub side of the moon' its a reggae version of it and its really good. Its a brave thing to try and do, fair play the people that did it so well!

Done it and it's not bullshit. I think you have to start the album right as the MGM lion roars the third time. Some of the lyrics fit the movie so well at times it is eerie. Still I think it's all coincidence. Try it sometime, it is fun :)

i can't even begin to imagine how on earth someone would have figured this out in the first place!

I agree!! lol

I too have tried this.. it doesnt work thru the entire film.. but when the witch dies... its too erie of a coincidence!! :stunned: so yes, it works!!

Yeah, parts of it do sync up well and its fun to watch, but I highly doubt they did it on purpose. What band would really sit down and say "hey, let's sync up our next album to the Wizard of Oz" - I don't think so.

The guy from pink floyd said when asked why he did it: 'You've gotta do something for the students that smoke to many reefers!'

I don't recall ever reading a member of Floyd saying this and I've read a lot about Floyd, they've only denied it.

It's awesome that the Floyd are going to be reunited at Live 8, that's something I never thought would happen!!!! Of course, it will probably be only for this one show, but thats ok. I hope some network shows it over here in the USA, so far nothing has been announced and that scares me because its only 2 weeks away.

I'm a real big Pink Floyd fan, absolutly love The Wall, + Shine on You Crazy Diamond tracks are sooooooooooo good it's unreal.

DSOTM is amazing in its infulence and effect. It stayed in the top 300 albums for 9 years, or something like that.