✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Stop Hating on SOS and just Appreciate it!

IneedYou23

I think its funny when some people say that they dont like Speed of Sound and that it sounds too much like Clocks.When for i dont know how long we have all been wanting to hear new tracks from the album and then when we get the single some people start bagging it as if they are music experts.Dont criticize what you dont understand!For one its not clocks,its speed of sound.And just be greatful that we are even at this stage an hearing the single and that Coldplay have made a third album!Im gonna appreciate all the new stuff thats for sure!But thats just me.

It does not sound a bit like clocks.

But it's not up to Coldplay, it's just TOO average.

I really want something better from a band with such potential.

Hope the new stuff (not previewed) to be really outstanding, since all i hear to date it's not good in my book.

First...NOT AT ALL like clocks, anyone who says that is making a poor judgement, Second, it's a great song just like anything coldplay has ever put out. Lastly, Chris was quoted as saying "this is the best bridge track between X&Y and the last album" so don't start doubting them just yet I would say...plus I think most would agree "In My Place" isn't the stand out track on AROBTH...so why should we expect that from SOS on X&Y?? I know I don't....

People are either saying it sounds EXACTLY like Clocks or absolutely nothing like it, I'll go for FRIGGEN DEFINATELY EXACTLY

C'mon, cant you hear the filler in the background? The brief backing vocals? The whole style of the verses?

THE 1ST VERSE WHICH GOES BACK INTO THE INTRO PIANO PART AND THEN INTO THE VERSE AGAINA AHAAHAHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS SO OBVIOUS-

OK. OK... Im ok... :stunned:

Indeed' date=' we may critique the song, but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate it, or that we won't enjoy... Just voicing some observations that's all ;)[/quote']

Yes, people are entitled to an opinion, I think that is fair. If you like it, you can rant and rant about how great it is, and if you think it's average, you can say that too. THis is a message board after all.

i reckon it is similair to clocks.

1) It's got a sparse(ish), distinctive piano riff

2) The rhythm is not straight 4/4 bass drum around 1 and 3, snare around 2 and 4. It's got a kind of 3/3/2 pulse like clocks has

Anyway, I reckon it's shit hot !! I would've had the synths slightly lower down in the mix though. Overall, well impressed.

But it's not up to Coldplay, it's just TOO average.

I really want something better from a band with such potential.

Hope the new stuff (not previewed) to be really outstanding, since all i hear to date it's not good in my book.

Disagree entirely. It is typical Coldplay and infinitely superior to pretenders such as Stairsailor and Snow Patrol. But then, I suppose it depends on what you want from Coldplay's 3rd album and Chris did say that it was the best "bridge" track between AROBTTH and the new album. It's the most "classic" sounding Coldplay song I've heard from the new stuff - the other four I've got from the bootleg are quite different from their other stuff.

I think its funny when some people say that they dont like Speed of Sound and that it sounds too much like Clocks.When for i dont know how long we have all been wanting to hear new tracks from the album and then when we get the single some people start bagging it as if they are music experts.Dont criticize what you dont understand!For one its not clocks,its speed of sound.And just be greatful that we are even at this stage an hearing the single and that Coldplay have made a third album!Im gonna appreciate all the new stuff thats for sure!But thats just me

speed of sound is an ok song, i reckon it'll appeal to people who liked AROBTTH. square one is lyrically and musically just a better song, but it's not exactly radio-friendly is it, compared to speed of sound

however, SOS is growing on me

:)

i think to some coldplay fans it does sound like clocks but to others it doesnt...i dont think it does, and whoever says its almost the same piano riff, i say, whoever can take the same piano riff from another song, and just change the song completely to make a mega song, is a genious

For all of those saying how much SOS sounds like clocks and other coldplay songs please take a step back and realize that you're saying this new coldplay song sounds exactly like a COLDPLAY song....OF COURSE IT DOES!!! We should all be thankful that this great band can preserve their sound from record to record and never let us down...this is a very rare thing in music today.

It is similar to Clocks, but still is very good. It has that different aura around it still. Clocks is more airy and and chimy. This is more melodic and I always imagine it being sung in a misty park.

For all of those saying how much SOS sounds like clocks and other coldplay songs please take a step back and realize that you're saying this new coldplay song sounds exactly like a COLDPLAY song....OF COURSE IT DOES!!! We should all be thankful that this great band can preserve their sound from record to record and never let us down...this is a very rare thing in music today.

well said :cool:

I think it all depends on what direction you where expecting coldplay to move in musically. If you expected more of the same then you are gonna be disapointed. if you expected a return to the parachutes era, again you will be disapointed.

Its clear that coldplay have the same quality control as some of the most successfull bands in history, they are always going to strive to make a bigger stronger album.

Expect a classic, I know I am.