✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Talk (leaked ages ago) vs Proper X&Y Talk

nandraboy

I love how the new one lacks any repetition, something that makes the unreleased Talk sound more like a B-side. I'm happy with the finished product of this song, and it's nice that we have 2 versions of a great song anyhow.

Edge goes to: X & Y version.

Old one. I liked the texts and Chris' part better on the old one, on the new one the melody of his voice seems to be entirely depending on the riff from Kraftwerk. However, the music itself, the instrumental bit, is better, has a silver line to it in comparison to the old one.

I prefer the new one. The old one was great, but I didn't like some of the lyrical parts. This new one fits much better in with the rest of the album... And the end is amazing, how it explodes into the guitar solo and the chorus from the old Talk.

I like the new one's music, how it almost sounds like it ended but then comes back on, that's cool. But the lyrics for the old one, I love, and I can like interpret them, but the lyrics for the new one..not just yet. Right now it seems like words together....but that's only until I figure it out though