✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is your favourite Coldplay song today?

swallowedinamessage

OK, things got worse. I take back the sentence about it not being a breakup, I don't know how this will end :bomb: :bigcry:

"When you're too in love to let it goooooo" :bomb:

Oh, I'm really sorry. I've never been in a real relationship so I can't really speak from my experience but I hope you'll work it out somehow!

Remember, "darkness always turns into light"!

• Like 1

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, I didnt wanna hijack this thread from its original purpose, but I just felt the urge to write something somewhere. Am very unfocused, empty and teary today during work. I feel like someone has pulled out the ground from underneath my feet. :(

Still listening to a lot of Ghost Stories today

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg
Sorry, I didnt wanna hijack this thread from its original purpose, but I just felt the urge to write something somewhere. Am very unfocused, empty and teary today during work. I feel like someone has pulled out the ground from underneath my feet. :(

Please don't feel like you've hijacked the thread [emoji17] We'll always be here for you, you know that.

Yellow

That's what music is for, no need to be ashamed of it. :hug: Listening to Coldplay can be an emotional release for me, too. I discovered the band in my early teens when I was suffering from debilitating depression, and I think my first Coldplay album (X&Y) played a part in helping me climb out of that hole. The themes of confusion, feeling lost, and feeling "incomplete" really resonated with me.

• Like 7

Oceans

I'm very depressed and heart-broken today, and I must say this as somebody who never really liked Ghost Stories: Well, today it is the album I can most relate to and going through that "journey" from Always In My Head over the darkest point (Midnight) to the brighter ending does have a catharthic feel to it.

I hope things get better. Sometimes it's not "just music", the meaning we give to songs is what makes the difference. I hope that listening to GS helped you in some way :)

Edit: I didn't finish reading the thread when I first posted. It’s good you wanted to share with us a little bit of what's happening in your life, it helps to feel free. If you don't have someone close to talk about it you can try to write it down in a paper. That have helped me to see things in a different way.

I'm sure this moment won't last forever and things will get better. Try to look at the beautiful things around you and try to let go the harmful ones. I wish you the best and I send you a virtual hug :)

• Like 1

Thanks again for the kind words....at the moment the negativity is still overwhelming and taking over my thoughts except when I am really busy with something (such as Coldplaying, or when I have to really focus on something at work).

With the prospect of a weekend in misery looming, I thought I'd better do a short trip to get away from the usual surroundings and to be able to move on to other thoughts. So I spontaneously decided to use some savings I had originally planned for a trip together (ah, well :() for a weekend trip to New York. Though I really also want to see the city, the choice of location is not entirely coincidental: If I manage to get a ticket, I'll go to the MetLife Show on Saturday ! Like alisbe said, need to hold on to the positive things in life.

Listening to Coldplay can be an emotional release for me, too. I discovered the band in my early teens when I was suffering from debilitating depression, and I think my first Coldplay album (X&Y) played a part in helping me climb out of that hole. The themes of confusion, feeling lost, and feeling "incomplete" really resonated with me.

X&Y is a great album to listen to for comfort, probably the best. It also helped me during a unhappy phase in my life a few years ago. Glad to hear you have overcome this depression now !

• Like 6

Aww thank you all for the kind words. I don't know why, I always find it hard to shake off depressing feelings, on the other hand it doesn't take much to make me lose happiness and feel unhappy but the opposite way of returning from feeling depressed to happiness is so difficult it seems impossible at times. It's like feeling empty, hollow, and often like a dull pain in the background of whatever you do (I always feel the one-note sound in Oceans that keeps repeating in the background perfectly captures this).

(By the way, it is not a breakup or something...but breakups are not the only things in a relationship that can hurt terribly.)

;-;

It'll be ok. I totally understand what you mean. I've seen people go through this. You'll get through it. You just need to hang in there. Just know that everything happens for a reason. Things will get better eventually if you treat it as a learning experience. if it involves another person or even if it's an inner issue try to pinpoint the root cause even if it's difficult to find some level of closure and acceptance with yourself or them. and listening to music that resonates with you or just focusing on the simpler things in life that make it worth living will help you to ride out the storm. I hope for the best for you.

• Like 1

@I ran away I'm happy that I help you a little bit. We live in a beautiful world, enjoy your trip. I have my fingers crossed hoping you get a ticket. Start making new wonderful adventures and keep visiting coldplaying, you know we're a big family and you can count on us to help you forget the bad moments :D

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg
Thanks again for the kind words....at the moment the negativity is still overwhelming and taking over my thoughts except when I am really busy with something (such as Coldplaying, or when I have to really focus on something at work).

With the prospect of a weekend in misery looming, I thought I'd better do a short trip to get away from the usual surroundings and to be able to move on to other thoughts. So I spontaneously decided to use some savings I had originally planned for a trip together (ah, well :() for a weekend trip to New York. Though I really also want to see the city, the choice of location is not entirely coincidental: If I manage to get a ticket, I'll go to the MetLife Show on Saturday ! Like alisbe said, need to hold on to the positive things in life.

That's the spirit! I'm happy for you and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get a ticket! Hope you enjoy your trip and embrace the happy and beautiful things life has to offer.

Miracles is an absolutely beautiful song

Aww love I really wish I could hug you tight right now <3

Fingers crossed for you to get that ticket :)

I hope you feel a lot better soon. We're all here for you <3

We're gonna get get it together

I know we're gonna get get it together and flower :hug:

• Like 2

Prospekt's March. I just felt compelled to listen to it after the awful events in Nice yesterday. :(

"Smoke is rising from the houses

People burying their dead

I ask somebody what the time is

But time doesn't matter to them yet

People talking without speaking

Trying to take what they can get

I ask you if you remember

Prospekt how could I forget?"

• Like 4

Prospekt's March. I just felt compelled to listen to it after the awful events in Nice yesterday. :(

"Smoke is rising from the houses

People burying their dead

I ask somebody what the time is

But time doesn't matter to them yet

People talking without speaking

Trying to take what they can get

I ask you if you remember

Prospekt how could I forget?"

Ah, it was horrible, why do people want to cause trouble these days. It slightly looks like we don't live in a beautiful world anymore (because of those terrorist attacks). :\ I really hope that the people there, where this terrorist attack took place, are well !

• Like 1

My favorite song today Hymn For The Weekend because I feel free today

Death and all his friends

PD: Stay strong @I ran away :happy: (I would say more but my english level isn't good enough :\)

Don't worry. You had an awesome response and I think @I ran away appreciates it. Sometimes it doesn't matter the amount of words you say :)

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg
Amazing Day

After most of my day was going fine, I just found out that a family friend passed away. With the events around the world and in my own life, I need a reminder to stay positive and Amazing Day is just that.

Sorry about that [emoji22]

Amazing Day

After most of my day was going fine, I just found out that a family friend passed away. With the events around the world and in my own life, I need a reminder to stay positive and Amazing Day is just that.

I'm so sorry..