✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is your favourite Coldplay song today?

swallowedinamessage

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't let it break your heart

It wasn't a favorite of mine, I didn't like the rhythm but I've always loved the lyrics. Today everything changed and I love everything about it today :)

I'm glad!

For me, ever since a long time ago it was up with the Birds and will always be up with the Birds.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

My favorite part of Up With The Birds is the final verse. It’s been so inspiring for me. And now I might listen to it after a long time of not doing so.

Cool!

My favorite part is the piano outro. The song begins beautifully minimalist, and even if it stayed that way through the entire song it would still probably be one of the best songs ever written and my favorite Coldplay song. But then it explodes into this massive gorgeous soundscape, taking it up quite a few notches. After a while of that the song, with the lyric "Up With The Birds", drops off into this second minimalist section, featuring strings this time, that can bring tears to your eyes especially if someone very special and precious to you passed away recently as is the case with me, as they are now "up with the birds". The song picks up once again, this time on a joyful sounding note with the introduction of Jonny's guitar, upping the quality of this song even more. Chris speaks once again with powerful lyrics, and a little while after the drums play. I didn't think it could get any better when this part came, but somehow Coldplay managed to make the song impossibly better and have Chris say "yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" before dropping off into the most beautiful section of music ever made. If I listened to it again I'd probably burst into tears seeing as the special one in my life passed away and just this morning I teared up thinking about her again. Even though I still am mostly better. :)

So yeah. For me it's the best song that has ever been made and will ever be made. I don't think anyone can top it. They truly poured absolutely everything they could into that one. Just perfect.

I almost lost this entire comment because of some dumb hotkey shortcut and I managed to highlight it all on accident and kept typing, it all got removed. Good job Coldplaying put that undo button there, I thought it was all over when that "Draft saved" icon popped up!

• Like 2

Cool!

My favorite part is the piano outro. The song begins beautifully minimalist, and even if it stayed that way through the entire song it would still probably be one of the best songs ever written and my favorite Coldplay song. But then it explodes into this massive gorgeous soundscape, taking it up quite a few notches. After a while of that the song, with the lyric "Up With The Birds", drops off into this second minimalist section, featuring strings this time, that can bring tears to your eyes especially if someone very special and precious to you passed away recently as is the case with me, as they are now "up with the birds". The song picks up once again, this time on a joyful sounding note with the introduction of Jonny's guitar, upping the quality of this song even more. Chris speaks once again with powerful lyrics, and a little while after the drums play. I didn't think it could get any better when this part came, but somehow Coldplay managed to make the song impossibly better and have Chris say "yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" before dropping off into the most beautiful section of music ever made. If I listened to it again I'd probably burst into tears seeing as the special one in my life passed away and just this morning I teared up thinking about her again. Even though I still am mostly better. :)

So yeah. For me it's the best song that has ever been made and will ever be made. I don't think anyone can top it. They truly poured absolutely everything they could into that one. Just perfect.

I almost lost this entire comment because of some dumb hotkey shortcut and I managed to highlight it all on accident and kept typing, it all got removed. Good job Coldplaying put that undo button there, I thought it was all over when that "Draft saved" icon popped up!

This post made me go from having a smile on my face: ) to laughing :D

She will be always in your heart and it's normal you might cry from time to time. I think that doesn't necessarily mean you're sad, you might cry because you remember a happy moment. Thanks God I haven't gone through something like that, but I've seen my mom with some tears on her eyes 4 years later she lost her mother.

Well, this is going off topic.:nice: So I'll share my favorite Coldplay song today: Proof

• Like 2

This post made me go from having a smile on my face: ) to laughing :D

She will be always in your heart and it's normal you might cry from time to time. I think that doesn't necessarily mean you're sad, you might cry because you remember a happy moment. Thanks God I haven't gone through something like that, but I've seen my mom with some tears on her eyes 4 years later she lost her mother.

Well, this is going off topic.:nice: So I'll share my favorite Coldplay song today: Proof

Same I wasn't really too too sad. One of the songs I fell asleep to at night in that period of time though I can barely listen to anymore because it brings it all back, those times where I was completely broken. You're right, she's very precious to me and forever in my heart she will be! :)

That's a nice song too. I like it :)

• Like 2