✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is your favourite Coldplay song today?

swallowedinamessage

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, let's say I knew that it existed but I didn't listen to it (Which makes it even worse...) :dead:

I'm pretty sure I listened to it back when it was released as b-side of Talk.

Just forgot about it :bigcry: (I'm ashamed of msyself)

I agree with you. It might be my new favourite!!!

So today, my favourite is still GRAVITY!!!

ohhh you forgot about it. Can't believe that!

Neither can you I bet, so it's okay :)

At least you know it now, and won't forget it! :D

Warning Sign

Parachutes and paradise

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Coldplaying mobile app

Amsterdam

Sublime.

Amazing Day. Almost a year ago it debuted at the global citizen festival

In my opinion this is the Paradise of the new album. Such an amazing and beautiful song for when you get to do something totally awesome, for example getting to go to Coldplay concert, you have an "amazing day". Ultra underrated when it first came out though, just like Paradise, I noticed a lot of people didn't like it when it came out and I'm glad now that it's grown on the vast majority of Coldplayers! :) Hopefully the same happens to this song!

Anyone who dislikes this song, go ahead but you have got to admit that it's light years better than most mainstream pop songs nowadays (for me, every single mainstream pop song nowadays :D)

This is the one example I can think where the production actually works in the song's favor, it feels so rich, deep and full, clean polished production for me usually only makes a song sound worse but we got more of a rock production back at GC, which was nice enough but the production here really takes this song to another level. Glad Stargate didn't mess this one up as they did with a few other songs on the album... *cough*Up&Up*cough*

But really the production isn't even that of most mainsream pop nowadays, most pop sounds so shallow, hollow, fake and plastic, and cheap while this song sounds deep, rich, full.. the sounds that tend to make me really enjoy a song. One thing I don't like, the vocal is a bit too up front I guess just like most pop nowadays, I don't particularly like that but it's not so bad like most mainstream pop nowadays to completely throw the song off. Otherwise, an absolutely gorgeous song. :)

• Like 3

Up in Flames

I recently had a period of time where I didn't enjoy this song a lot. It's grown back on me now, it's very melancholic and heartfelt and is the perfect song to fit after Princess of China, which is criminally underrated on this forum! It's not a happy song by any means (Princess of China). Poppy, yes. But the ending fits so perfectly into Up In Flames it almost feels like after the piano stops playing at the end of PoC the drumbeat from UiF should kick in immediately.

Anyone notice the drumbeat to Up In Flames is very similar to the one in PoC, not necessarily in terms of the sound but the actual beats themselves? That's why I'm saying this, it almost feels as if they should be one track :)

I've been listening to it quite a lot recently. It's non distracting so I can listen to it while I'm working on something but it's also super pleasant :D

My favorite today is U.F.O such a beautiful song <3

For me it would be quite distracting. I like the song but after even two plays of it it can get annoying. For me it's more of a one time thing, I enjoy it better that way.

U.F.O is sublime. I dig that chord progression used, it's the same one used in the title track, the short instrumental piece at the beginning (which should be latched on to HLH but for some dumb reason isn't!!! :D but in my playlist it is) This "Mylo" chord progression as I like to call it pops up in a few other places in the album as well. Really kind of does a lot to stick everything together, interesting to find out the little things a band does to give more of a sense of "togetherness" in the album :D It's probably one of my favorite chord progressions, especially used in U.F.O it just gives it such a beautiful feeling. Perfect for it.

Everything about U.F.O is perfect, it's my 9th or 10th favorite Coldplay song or something like that, and my third favorite off of Mylo Xyloto. I love it!! Typically songs I love this much I rarely play so I don't burn out of them, I've been doing that with a lot of Coldplay songs so I don't get sick of them. Neat idea I think. :D

• Like 1

I recentl..y had a period of time where I didn't enjoy this song a lot. It's grown back on me now, it's very melancholic and heartfelt and is the perfect song to fit after Princess of China, which is criminally underrated on this forum! It's not a happy song by any means (Princess of China). Poppy, yes. But the ending fits so perfectly into Up In Flames it almost feels like after the piano stops playing at the end of PoC the drumbeat from UiF should kick in immediately.

Anyone notice the drumbeat to Up In Flames is very similar to the one in PoC, not necessarily in terms of the sound but the actual beats themselves? That's why I'm saying this, it almost feels as if they should be one track :)

For me it would be quite distracting. I like the song but after even two plays of it it can get annoying. For me it's more of a one time thing, I enjoy it better that way.

U.F.O is sublime. I dig that chord progression used, it's the same one used in the title track, the short instrumental piece at the beginning (which should be latched on to HLH but for some dumb reason isn't!!! :D but in my playlist it is) This "Mylo" chord progression as I like to call it pops up in a few other places in the album as well. Really kind of does a lot to stick everything together, interesting to find out the little things a band does to give more of a sense of "togetherness" in the album :D It's probably one of my favorite chord progressions, especially used in U.F.O it just gives it such a beautiful feeling. Perfect for it.

Everything about U.F.O is perfect, it's my 9th or 10th favorite Coldplay song or something like that, and my third favorite off of Mylo Xyloto. I love it!! Typically songs I love this much I rarely play so I don't burn out of them, I've been doing that with a lot of Coldplay songs so I don't get sick of them. Neat idea I think. :D

True, Up in Flames is a very melancholic and heartfelt song. And no, i don't get annoyed if i play it on repeat haha. :cheesy:

UFO is :heart: :heart:. The intro of the song is just wow :clap: IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. When i heard the song for the first time, i really paused and listened and appreciated that short instrumental piece. Such a short but very very sweet song.

True, Up in Flames is a very melancholic and heartfelt song. And no, i don't get annoyed if i play it on repeat haha. :cheesy:

UFO is :heart: :heart:. The intro of the song is just wow :clap: IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. When i heard the song for the first time, i really paused and listened and appreciated that short instrumental piece. Such a short but very very sweet song.

I agree, Up In Flames is still massively underrated in my eyes. As is the entirety of Mylo Xyloto.

True that!! The whole song for me is purely amazing and the best part of me is near the ending where the strings build up and then lef go. I could imagine listening to the entire song in the lateish afternoon on a mainly sunny late September day (like today :D :D :D) with a bit of clouds in the sky building as they get more distant, under a tree in a forest in which trees have light green-yellow leaves, it's not too dense so I can actually see more of what's in the distance, near the top of a highish hill with a gentle slope down the way I'm looking, Insanely descriptive, I know. I've never actually seen this place yet but I would love to go to somewhere like it one day so I can listen to this song in that style, with the only technology near me being my phone to play music sometimes :D I attach a lot of these strong images, or at least colors or certain scenes with songs in my life. A lot of them typically tend to be nature scenes like these, I love the outdoors and is such a good place for listening to Coldplay, especially calm and beautiful songs like U.F.O. :D

• Like 2

I agree, Up In Flames is still massively underrated in my eyes. As is the entirety of Mylo Xyloto.

True that!! The whole song for me is purely amazing and the best part of me is near the ending where the strings build up and then lef go. I could imagine listening to the entire song in the lateish afternoon on a mainly sunny late September day (like today :D :D :D) with a bit of clouds in the sky building as they get more distant, under a tree in a forest in which trees have light green-yellow leaves, it's not too dense so I can actually see more of what's in the distance, near the top of a highish hill with a gentle slope down the way I'm looking, Insanely descriptive, I know. I've never actually seen this place yet but I would love to go to somewhere like it one day so I can listen to this song in that style, with the only technology near me being my phone to play music sometimes :D I attach a lot of these strong images, or at least colors or certain scenes with songs in my life. A lot of them typically tend to be nature scenes like these, I love the outdoors and is such a good place for listening to Coldplay, especially calm and beautiful songs like U.F.O. :D

I agree! And i like how you convert your imagination into words! You describe that peaceful nature scene nicely. I wish to be somewhere else also, like maybe in a beach with no one else there but me and just watch and feel the wind blowing by and hear the sound of the waves while sitting on the shore in a late afternoon. then i'd play some of my fave slow Coldplay songs. (UFO, Up in Flames and Sparks for example) :happy2:

• Like 1

I agree! And i like how you convert your imagination into words! You describe that peaceful nature scene nicely. I wish to be somewhere else also, like maybe in a beach with no one else there but me and just watch and feel the wind blowing by and hear the sound of the waves while sitting on the shore in a late afternoon. then i'd play some of my fave slow Coldplay songs. (UFO, Up in Flames and Sparks for example) :happy2:

Thank you! :D

That would be great for listening to "Oceans", especially at night for me. It would be epicer though if Coldplay were there performing it, at least for me :D :D :D And just me too of course. But I know that would never ever happen...

• Like 1

Thank you! :D

That would be great for listening to "Oceans", especially at night for me. It would be epicer though if Coldplay were there performing it, at least for me :D :D :D And just me too of course. But I know that would never ever happen...

Oceans! Riiiiiiiight haha. Well you know, we can always dream :)

• Like 1