✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radio 1 - "hardest part is the next single"

sparky17

well ' date=' talk got virtually no tv play, i have all the music channels yet the last time i saw talk was early december :o . [/quote']

Are you serious?

I also have all the music channels and Talk was played non stop! :/

I remember a week or so after the video was 1st shown I was sat eating breakfast and saw the video about 5 times in the space of 1/2hour! It was on every channel! And I still see it occasionally now.

lol, i must be really unlucky then! :lol: its proberly all the christmas songs and songs of 2005 that keep on getting played all the time!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

victaniac, yeah, I think I get your point. as for the radio, I have a different opinion there... I think it would be one of the typical radio songs, I could imagine our station playing it all day. *g* they never played fix you, though...

anyway, I still think it would be a good choice. ;)

Probably in Germany where great music is played a lot.. I bet I'll have to stay up until all late hours of the night just to get a glimpse of the video :lol:

I notice a pattern between dancey tunes and the slower ones. SoS was overplayed here, Fix You barely got any airtime, Talk is doing better than Fix You but not quite as good as SoS. And I was really hoping the next single would come out with a big punch like SoS did.

The dodgiest thing about all this issue is that it's supposed to be out in April. I don't think they'll wait that much.

that makes noooo sense. why would they release a single after the US tour dates? the US single airplay has been disspointing. SOS was overplayed, Fix You was never played, Talk was heard a reasonable number of times though never played on tv. and the hardest part...i can assure you...will not be played at all. it doesnt appeal to the audience over here and i dont know many people that like it. it doesnt pack a punch and it kind of goes in one ear and out the other without catching your attention.

Not a huge fan of this song. I think it is a foolish choice to be honest. When you look at the other singles from other albums then Hardest part just doesn't fit! It is not a sing along, it is not anthemic and I don't think the public will take to it. But who knows...

Why oh why didn't they choose Square One, White Shadows, Low or Twisted Logic... :angry:

:huh: wtf? the hardest part? you seriously, actually believe that THE HARDEST PART is going to be the fourth single? i don't believe any of this crap one bit.

in related news, it's been brought to my attention that Ode To Deodorant is going to be remastered and released as a single, and then after, they will re-release Shiver and give the song it's full due glory.

Come on people, be realistic. The Hardest Part? Fuhggetabouwdit!

it makes sense though, there are 2 parts of the album, X then Y 2 releases from X (talk + fix you) and Y (speed of sound + the hardest part) a message could also be used instead of hardest part as its the same tempo while the others cant.

There a pattern tempo's of the single - e.g. - 'hard' 'soft' 'hard' 'medium' like from

AROBBTH - in my place, the scientist, clocks then GPASUYF

X&Y - Speed of sound, fix you, talk, The hardest part

Hardest part has to be released in the UK if radio 1 annouced its the next single, didnt it? :confused:

Not a huge fan of this song. I think it is a foolish choice to be honest. When you look at the other singles from other albums then Hardest part just doesn't fit! It is not a sing along, it is not anthemic and I don't think the public will take to it. But who knows...

Why oh why didn't they choose Square One, White Shadows, Low or Twisted Logic... :angry:

exactly what I thougt, IMO Hardest Part just isn't that special to be a single. Actually I thought that it was the one song in X&Y that definitely would NOT be a single :confused: I was really hoping it would be White Shadows or Twisted Logic and I still haven't given up hope ;) well, almost :/

Well' date=' considering they couldn't play it live whilst touring [had a disasterous debut'], I find it a strange choice of next song.

Or, maybe they've been practicing... :lol:

well, if i remember correctly, talk also wasn't played on the concerts at first, so i'm guessing ..if they play it in this first couple of gigs in USA, then radio 1 had right.

personally? i don't like song, it's too jumpy-rumpy, too simple. kinda disapointing for a coldplay fan but as for all those viewers of MTV that are into PCD-50 cent-BEP-that mix too much..it will be apealin'. ;)

i would most like for white shadows to be next single.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

It can't be The hardest part :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

White shadows, Square one, What if, A message, Swallowed in the sea are much much better than The hardest part! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I really can't understand this choice

:confused:

I'll wait for word from the official site on this one but I hope it's not true. It does seem strange that they would pick a song they never play live. I do have to point out that I thinks it's great (and a little funny) how much thought we give to the moves this band makes. They are the biggest band in the world and we still question and debate what thier next single should be. It's like were all one very large managment firm! Heres to hoping that we're all following them for years to come and heres to hoping for some great b-sides!