✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

The past few months have been tough for Gwyneth Paltrow. Rumours of her marriage being on the rocks, her comeback film The Good Night taking just £90,000 at the box office, and now a late-night dash to the hospital pushed in a wheelchair by her husband Chris Martin....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=510075&in_page_id=1773

HA! I was reading that article and getting really angry at how stupid it is and how it contained no news whatsoever and then saw it was from the daily mail, I should've known.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GWYNETH PALTROW has scuppered rumours of a planned duet with her rocker husband CHRIS MARTIN - the Hollywood star can't stand mainstream chart music.

The Shakespeare In Love actress, who revealed her vocal talents in 2000 movie Duets, has turned down several recording contracts because she doesn't enjoy "packaged music" - despite being married to Coldplay star Martin and boasting pop superstar Madonna as a close friend.

The 35-year-old mother-of-two says, "I've been approached to do records and stuff like that, which is very flattering, but I don't really see myself as the type of person who could do that. "I'm not into that whole packaged music thing and I don't really like chart music. I never listen to it."

http://www.pr-inside.com/paltrow-i-hate-chart-music-r413191.htm

lol jay-z anyone? :laugh3:

Where do all these quotes come from? Half of them sound recycled.

Here's a recent interview with Gwyneth from Now magazine. I typed it up for the nice people on her forum so I'd thought I'd post it here in case anyone is interested. She mentions Chris and the kids a few times.

She may have just had a hospital scare, but when we meet Gwyneth she looks radiant in a red Zac Posen dress and sky-high Lanvin heels. The 35 year old Oscar winning and one time workaholic has relaxed alot since marrying Coldplay frontman Chris Martin and becoming mum to Apple, three, and Moses, 21 months. We caught up with Gwyneth for a chat in San Diego...

You seem to have been away from cinema screens for ages. When will you be back?

I'm definitely working a lot less since I had children because nothing is as good as hanging out with them. It's been kind of hard to get myself back into the mindset of working, but I definitely still feel the artist in me. You just have to make sure that it all works with everyone's schedules, where the film is going to shoot, if it's really got the right material and role and director...But you can actually see me back on screen now in The Good Night. It's a really fantastic black comedy about a guy who keeps dreaming about the perfect girl. Two brilliant British comedians-Martin Freeman and Simon Pegg-are staring in it. I just have a small part, but it's great.

I read that your brother Jake wrote and directed The Good Night. What was it like working with family?

Yes, it's true, Jake wrote and directed it. And I loved working with him.

Has getting married and becoming a mum changed your outlook on life?

There's less searching for meaning in my life now. I feel quite grounded and happy. I'm fortunate to be home most of the time with my family and I don't work so much now. I'd rather spend that time with my husband and children.

Do you see much of yourself in Apple?

It's hard to say. I try not to project myself onto her. She's very much her own person. It's interesting that when you have a child people say: 'Oh, I can really see you in her.' But I can't see it! I see my children very much as their own little people.

Will you ever quit acting to be a full-time mum?

I will do more films, especially now that Apple and Moses are a little older. But quitting altogether? I don't know. Certainly I don't have the same ambition I used to have and I don't work at a furious pace. I have a great life and I see everything differently now. I know that shooting film after film doesn't make you happy. I'm very lucky that I'm in the situation where I'm able to pick and choose how much I do.

You're friends with Madonna yet you seem to be complete opposites. Whatever do you have in common?

I know what you mean, but in private we're more similar than you'd think. She has this drive and strength that I'll never have, but there's a side to her that's very soft and lovely and that's where we connect.

I've recently lost my dad. How did you cope when your father died?

It was hard. I don't think there's any advice I can give. It's a very very hard thing to see that change in your parents, when they're so weak and needing you. My father was so much the centre of our family life and so intelligent, so to watch that fade away is difficult. It's something you have to live through and it's important to get some support. It's tough, but you do move on. Losing my father brought such great sadness to my life, but at the same time I've never been happier with Chris and the children.

What's the craziest thing you've heard or read about yourself?

Well, apparently I said that London is dirty, which really isn't true. I grew up in New York, so if you ever want to talk about dirty streets...Or one time there was a rumour I ate naked in front of a mirror. Things like that make me want to sue, but then I think that the people who write this rubbish get their own punishment for making up such crazy lies.

Do you work hard to stay in such good shape?

I'm definitely less interested in all that stuff than I used to be, but I still really believe in eating whole, organic foods. I use holistic medicines and do yoga and Pilates, but I also believe in treating myself to a banana split sundae every once in a while (laughs)

What would be your dream film role?

I'd really like to do a film in Spain-I actually speak Spanish. And there are certain directors I'd love to work with again, like Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums), David Fincher (Se7en) and John Madden (Shakespeare in Love). We'll see.

Are you strict about what your children watch on television?

They don't watch televsion. We read a lot. Both Apple and Moses like books, which is good, so Chris and I read to them a lot.

You sang in the film Duets. Would you ever consider a music career?

No! I've been asked to do records and stuff like that, which is very flattering, but I don't really see myself as the type of person who could do that. I'm not into the whole packaged music thing and I don't even really like chart music, I never listen to it.

Is it true that 'hummus' was Apple's first word?

It wasn't her very first one, but it was one of her first words (laughs). She loves it. She even asks for it for breakfast sometimes!

thanks so much for that interview! i cannot believe gwyneth actually mentioned chris and apple and moses by name: she rarely, if ever does that. i completely understand that they want to keep their private lives out of the public sphere, but occasionally i think that she and chris are a bit too stubborn about that. maybe by using their names theyre getting less strict about it!

thanks so much for that interview! i cannot believe gwyneth actually mentioned chris and apple and moses by name: she rarely, if ever does that. i completely understand that they want to keep their private lives out of the public sphere, but occasionally i think that she and chris are a bit too stubborn about that. maybe by using their names theyre getting less strict about it!

She's never been so uptight about it, it's usually Chris that is. Gwyneth will talk about her family all day if you let her. The ban they have on beeing seen acknowledgng each other probably stems from Chris. Las time I read an interview she said he doesn't like her to talk about him,

Pregnancy Rumour

I'd take this article with a huge pinch of salt, there's no way they'd plan another child just as things with Coldplay are about to blow up again. But here it is anyway:

http://www.laineygossip.com/Gwyneth_Paltrow_pregnancy_rumour_.aspx

Apple, Moses, and a Rat?

Perhaps it wasn’t sad smut for my Gwynnie after all!

Following her hospitalisation last month, initial information centred around a heartbreaking loss. The “official” explanation from her camp, via friend Mario Batali, was a gastrointestinal problem that was quickly solved.

However, am now hearing from new sources that her people are trying to rearrange her schedule through the spring, including shortening her shooting days and reworking her planned trip with Mario on their food tour to lighten her load given her commitments prior to the Iron Man release … because she’s expecting her third?!?

Apparently the evening at Caroline’s Comedy Club that I reported just before she was admitted to emergency was actually a celebration of sorts – she, Chris, and mom Blythe were toasting over champagne. Is there something to celebrate?

The same new sources indicate that she's due mid-summer and that this go-round was unexpected and has been difficult.

Not slam dunk, still working to confirm, will keep you posted.

In the meantime, a few recent photos of Gwyneth post-hospital are attached. And the latest poster from Iron Man, projected to be the first major blockbuster of 2008, especially after its overwhelmingly positive reaction at Comic-Con.

Will she finally be associated with a movie that doesn’t actually LOSE money? And has my Gwyneth joined the 8/8/8 baby rush too???

gwyneth-paltrow-night-to-benefit-raising-malawai-unicef.jpg

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/02/06/gwyneth-paltrow-night-to-benefit-raising-malawai-unicef/

Gwyneth Paltrow is pretty in pink at Madonna’s benefit gala at The United Nations on Wednesday in New York City.

Madonna, 49, and Gwyneth, 35, are Kabbalah pals. Gwyn was last seen visiting a NYC Kabbalah Center late last month.

10+ pictures inside of Gwyneth Paltrow’s Night to Benefit Raising Malawi…

2urmoi1.jpg

gwyneth-paltrow-night-to-benefit-raising-malawai-unicef-02.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow Returns To Kabbalah?

Gwyneth%20Paltrow-LRS-010483.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow has returned to pal Madonna's Kabbalah faith amid reports she's pregnant with her third child. The actress was spotted leaving the Kabbalah center in New York last week after spending an hour inside.

And a source tells Life & Style magazine that Paltrow has turned to the Jewish faith for answers after a tough 2007.

One pal tells the publication, "Gwyneth just decided it was time to experience it (Kabbalah)... Gwyneth's a seeker; she's just looking into Kabbalah. She's exploring her beliefs."

Unconfirmed pregnancy reports spread last month after Paltrow and her husband, Coldplay singer Chris Martin, were spotted trying to sneak out of Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York.

Other reports suggest the actress may have undergone minor surgery. Her publicists have refused to address the matter.

http://www.starpulse.com/Actresses/Paltrow,_Gwyneth/

eh, well if she's pregnant, i doubt she'd be showing yet. her little hospital extravaganza was only three weeks ago. not that i really believe she's preggers. yet, at least.

I think that too.. and I remembered when she was pregnant of Moses.. she hid her pregnancy.. because she didn't want to do it public..

so i think it's ok if she wants to hide her pregnancy..

but I think she's not.

i hardly even thought of chris being busy as a factor in the whole pregnancy thing; i was just going on the fact that she said they werent planning anymore for at least a while. and because theres no evidence that this is true. celebrities can go to hospital for other reasons than pregnancies and drug addictions and eating disorders, contrary to what the media seems to believe.

Cutie Apple and adoption rumour

gwyneth-paltrow-adoption-bug-01.jpg

gwyneth-paltrow-adoption-bug-03.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow hops into her SUV with 3-year-old daughter Apple and 1-year-old son Moses (not pictured) in New York City on Saturday.

At Madonna’s latest benefit gala, A Night to Benefit Raising Malawi and UNICEF, Gwyn may have caught the celebrity baby-adoption bug:

“People who have a lot also often feel like they have a lot to give,” said Paltrow. “I have a good friend who always says that if you’re a person of means at all, then you have to adopt because there are so many kids in the world who need homes.”

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/02/09/gwyneth-paltrow-adoption-bug/

Gwyneth said once that "adopting" is in their (Chris and hers) posibilities.

I think it's amazing they can afford to adopt a child..

I think aproxematelyinfinite is right.. the fact that she said "adoption" doesn't mean that she will adopt like.. RIGHT NOW..