✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

I don't know what's been posted here so i'm just going to rant. My mother said that she read an article in some magazine about possible marriage troubles and its effect on Chris's music. It said that because of these issues, chris has been writing darker, more upseting lyrics.

Hmmm:thinking:

lol

No one's marriage is 10000% rosy and happy all the time. They've probably hit some rough patches along the way. But the mistake that hollywood makes is that, when hitting those patches they are known to go DIVORCE!!!! You know, without working through them.

Besides, Chris knows no one wants to hear "I love you sooo much my sweet baby baby bayyybbeeeeee..." all the time. :laugh3:

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For her husband's eyes only: Gwyneth has a cheeky 'C' tattoo at the top of her thigh

By RICK HEWETT

Last updated at 21:25pm on 8th March 2008

Clean-cut actress Gwyneth Paltrow, who has eschewed extravagant Hollywood lifestyles to become a rather sensible North London mother-of-two, has at last revealed a naughty streak.

She has acquired a rather cheekily-placed tattoo.

The Hollywood star had a tiny "C" etched at the top of her right thigh in London department store Selfridges last week.

It may not be a match for Amy Winehouse's brash topless lady on her arm, but for thoughtful Gwyneth even this discreet gesture is a huge step, and a meaningful one.

The C is said to be an expression of love for her musician husband, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, and has eased concerns that their relationship was in trouble.

The pair have barely been seen together in recent months, with their friends blaming work commitments and Martin's latest album.

Gwyneth paid £60 for the discreet artwork, after tattooist Steve Flannery spent 20 minutes creating the design for the "nervous" actress.

He said: "At first she was thinking about having a tattoo on her arm, but then decided that this might affect her acting work.

"In the end she decided on the top of her right thigh, and joked that Chris would have fun finding it.

"I asked her if the C stood for Coldplay, but she said it was definitely a C for Chris. "Compared to some designs I do, this was discreet and subtle, to say the least."

Source Link: Daily Mail

A.

P.S.: Sorry for the weird formatting but I'm too lazy to clean it up right now. :wacky:

OK - does she just have to rub it in??? Of course if it was me I'd rub it in, too!:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

The rules of attraction

There is talk that the most environmentally aware marriage in showbiz may be showing signs of strain. The usual reasons have been trotted out: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin are not often in the same country. She’s doing parties, he isn’t. But none of this would be worrying if it weren’t for the huge and highly visible incompatibility at the heart of their union. She’s a bow-at-the-neck designer dress, poker-straight hair and lipstick sort of woman. He’s an unshaven, combats-and-anorak man in a faded fair-trade T-shirt. (Gwyneth has done combats, but with a Clements Ribeiro top. When she does scruffy, it’s a bit like Hillary Clinton doing cosy: the effort involved makes everyone feel tense.)

So, Gwyneth and Chris are style opposites. It doesn’t sound like a big deal. You’re probably thinking, “Pfff, so what?” But style is quite a reliable indicator of what you value in life. (Which is why it is okay to dislike, on sight, women who carry Botoxed python bags and men who wear striped shirts with white collars.)

Gwynnie is American Wasp aristocracy: poised, naturally blonde, used to rubbing shoulders with the Establishment, the sort of girl that Ralph Lauren drools at the thought of dressing (and did dress, memorably, in princess pink for her Oscar win). Chris, on the other hand, is a down-to-earth bloke: the type who eats with the crew, writes everything he needs to remember on his hand and gets bike-chain grease on his tracksuit bottoms.

Do you see where this is going? Gwynnie and Chris don’t just look different � they may be looking for different things as well. There is a bit of Gwyneth that wants ozone-no-object glamour, shallow company and lots of attention (you never get over that stuff). Meanwhile, Chris wants to build a tree house for the kids, then have a barbecue (more of a fire between bricks) and ask his mum and dad and the neighbours to come. Seriously. You can tell. Just from the clothes. Gwynnie could ride a bicycle round London, but it isn’t really her. Chris could spend August on Tom Ford’s yacht, but it isn’t really him. They are not a natural fit.

Those who do share a similar aesthetic tend to stand a better chance. Every time they look at each other, they think, “Mmm, me”, as opposed to, “Eeeuw, so not me”. Look at Brad and Angelina: with all that designer utility wear and tattoos, they’re like a walking DKNY ad. Jen was always such a steady girl next door � in her figure-complimenting tops and butt-hugging jeans � it couldn’t have lasted. Mick Jagger and L’Wren Scott are another meant-to-be style couple � controlled, sleek with a twist � Jerry’s look was just too . . . needy. Anyway, here’s hoping it’s something that a stylist, if not Relate, can sort out.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/the_way_we_live/article3476793.ece

Opposites attract.

And apart from their obvious social difference they're actually quite similar. They both have a passion for music, they both enjoy good food and keeping fit, they both are enviromentally conscious, they both have a wicked sense of humour and can be quite geeky.

At the end of the day they are someone's mummy and daddy and to completely slate their relationship for the sake of it is completely unjustified. Slag off her movies, berate his music by all means, but they have no right to question their choice in partners.

[/rant]

God, her movies suck...and his music...utter shite!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: KIDDING!!!

Seriously though, the fact that they're not a cardboard cut-out hollywood couple is probably exactly WHY they're a good pair. If they were like that, they'd have divorced within weeks of getting married,lol. GWyneth already tried the typical hollywood romance with Brad...and it didn't work.:)

This article makes me realize how many things I like about Chris. But I hope the article is wrong b/c I want them to be happy.

ditto. i love all of those descriptions about chris that they made. that's my kind of guy right there :D

but who's to say that that isn't gwyneth's type of guy?? so what that they've got different styles (because i think they undoubtedly do have different styles)? i don't think that the different styles thing will necessarily ruin their relationship. they've obviously shown over the years that they don't mind doing things apart. gwyneth can go hang on the yacht for a week while chris eats his organic oatmeal at home and rides around london on a bike with notes on his hand. as long as they're not hurting the kids or making it difficult for them and as long as THEY'RE ok with that relationship, then who gives a crap? married couples dont have to be brangelina and be joined at the hip (though i do think its slightly unnatural to NEVER be seen together...but hey, i guess it's whatever floats their boat), and as long as they're happy and healthy doing their separate things and keeping a good environment for apple and moses, then people need to stop picking on them.

on the other hand, i agree with tracie: i always thought they were an odd couple from the start, but it doesn't matter what i think.

I just hope they don't read the press - can you imagine what bad thoughts one could have if they actually believed the tabloids?:laugh3:

All I can say is that I feel a bit sorry for them, being so scrutinized by the press, and having "moles" everywhere. Can anyone imagine living under those conditions? (..but maybe that provides great inspiration for better music and acting for them both??)

Don't know if this was posted, from The Mirror, UK tabloid paper:

Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's marriage is rock-solid

3/03/2008

Contrary to rumours, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's marriage is rock-solid. The pair were spotted at London's Soho Hotel and a mole tells us: "They were inseparable - holding hands all night."

Wow - for once the tabloids are actually reporting something positive about their relationship!!! :o:P

OTHER than engaging in mild child brutality - what else could you call giving your baby a name like Apple - what has Gwyneth Paltrow been up to lately?

The last time anyone can recall her being in the public eye for career-related reasons was when she made the world cringe with her tear-jerkish Oscar acceptance speech for Shakespeare In Love.

It sticks in the mind because it was so excruciating, but the night Paltrow robbed our Cate Blanchett (widely seen as the Phar Lap favourite that year for Elizabeth) was a full decade ago.

Her list of occasional appearances in films since then includes such mishits as Duets, Possession, View From The Top, Infamous and The Good Night.

Don't feel bad if you haven't seen any of those: no one else has, either.

When Shallow Hal is the biggest hit you've had in 10 years, you know your career has been stuck in neutral.

But Paltrow, 35, is back from her self-imposed "motherhood retirement'' and is starring in the action movie Iron Man, a comic-book adaptation.

Her return to Hollywood coincides with a blaze of the kind of publicity she and rock-star husband Chris Martin try so hard to avoid.

The Coldplay crooner was recently photographed wearing red nail polish but no wedding band, adding to speculation their marriage was on the rocks.

The camera-shy couple had been spending a lot of time apart as Paltrow worked on Iron Man and Martin slaved away over his band's much-anticipated fourth album.

But Paltrow last week showed her faith in the permanence of their bond, having the letter "C'' tattooed on the top of her right thigh.

The tattoo artist, from London's hip Zulu parlour, reportedly joked with her that her husband would have fun finding it and asked her if it stood for Coldplay. She said it was definitely for Chris.

Paltrow has revealed that she felt ready to return to work only after her second child, Moses, turned one.

"When my son (Moses) was about six months old, I started to feel the fire again - and it had been a really long time since I'd had that feeling,'' she says.

"There's a part of me that's an artist, and that was OK. So I thought I'd wait until my son was a year old, so he could have all my attention. I felt I'd be there every day until he was one and then, if there was a movie for me to do and if people hadn't totally forgotten about me, that would be great. Basically, I have the luxury of saying that I've done everything I wanted to do career-wise. I mean, at a very young age I achieved a lot. So I now have the freedom to shift my focus and fully dive into this domestic kind of bliss. It might be a different story if I hadn't achieved what I wanted to achieve.''

The movie that came up after Moses' birthday was Iron Man, which opens in Australia on May 1.

Paltrow says she loved returning to work.

"I really needed that break, and I've come back to the whole world with such an appreciation for it,'' she says.

Being involved in a movie means facing the media again, but it doesn't mean Paltrow will field questions about Martin - such as what it's like bringing someone as private as him into the acting world.

"Oh, he doesn't like me to talk about him very much at all,'' she bats away. "I think we're basically, when it comes to our private lives, private. And I think he's probably even more so than me, and I just have to respect that. A relationship's a complicated thing, and to invite the whole world into it on purpose seems crazy. Jay-Z, whom I love, was being interviewed and was getting asked about Beyonce and he said: 'You know, a relationship is hard enough without telling 80,000 people about it.' I thought that was good.''

In her new film, Paltrow plays the Iron Man's assistant, Pepper Potts - which she admits is far and away the best character name she has been lumbered with.

In the lead role is the larger-than-life and highly comical Robert Downey Jr.

Other actors have had reservations about working with the occasionally troubled star, but Paltrow gushes about him.

"Oh, my God, he's so brilliant,'' she said. "I'd always wanted to work with him.

"He's so free, and he's so present when he's working and he tries all this great stuff, and it just feels very electric. It feels new. You don't feel like you're trudging through your day. There's always something unexpected happening.''

Paltrow may disappear from public life again if rumours about the couple adopting a brother or sister for Apple, 3, and Moses are true.

She's threatening to name the child Mortimer, after her godfather, Steven Spielberg, whom she calls Uncle Morty.

Please, Gwyneth - think of the children!

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23381556-5009160,00.html

"Oh, he doesn't like me to talk about him very much at all,'' she bats away. "I think we're basically, when it comes to our private lives, private. And I think he's probably even more so than me, and I just have to respect that. A relationship's a complicated thing, and to invite the whole world into it on purpose seems crazy. Jay-Z, whom I love, was being interviewed and was getting asked about Beyonce and he said: 'You know, a relationship is hard enough without telling 80,000 people about it.' I thought that was good.''

She's kind of right...

Lonely wives club: Madonna and Gwyneth out together... without either husband

madonnaLL_468x717.jpgMadgePaltBIG_468x425.jpg

Amid speculation her marriage is in trouble, Madonna has turned to her best friend Gwyneth Paltrow.

It was strictly a girls' night only as the two dined together at celebrity haunt Locanda Locatelli restaurant in Marylebone last night.

The pop star's husband Guy Ritchie was nowhere in sight - the couple, who are said to be leading separate lives, have not been photographed together since 8 January while they were on a trip to India.

And Gwyneth, whose own relationship with Coldplay front man Chris Martin is enduring rumours of discord, also left her husband behind for the night.

The stars, both American girls far from home, have long acted as each other's confidant.

Gyweth was, after all, maid of honour at the singer's wedding to Ritchie which took place in the Scottish Highlands in 2000.

And their friendship has intensified in recent times, with a source telling MailOnline last month Gwyneth even began now exploring Kabbalah, the branch of Jewish mysticism Madonna follows.

The night out came as Madonna's spokesperson shot down reports she is on the verge of splitting from Ritchie.

Ritchie's father John told Closer magazine: "They're not spending any time together. Madonna is busy in America with the children, and Guy wants to stay in the UK. They won't be spending Easter together either."

Film director Ritchie missed Madonna's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last week and a her star-studded charity fundraiser in New York early February.

John Ritchie added: "Guy is very busy over here in England, and didn't make it to her film premiere last week. He spends his weekends in the countryside and the rest of the time in London."

"Guy will be over here all year as he's working on a script. I don't know if there are serious problems in the marriage. I truly hope not."

However, Liz Rosenberg, Madonna's US representative, has hit back at the claims, saying: "I am delighted to confirm that Mr and Mrs Guy Ritchie remain happily married.

"Though they were in different countries recently - Madonna in the US doing promotion for her upcoming album Hard Candy and Guy finishing up post-production on his new film RocknRolla as well as completing a Nike commercial and working on several scripts in England - the family are joyfully back together at home in London.

"All is well and wonderful in the Ritchie household."

The couple have an adopted son David Banda, two, from Malawi and are parents to Lourdes, 11, and Rocco, seven.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23457747-details/Lonely+wives+club:+Madonna+and+Gwyneth+out+together...++without+either+of+their+husbands/article.do

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=538409&in_page_id=1773

Gwyneth Paltrow spent last night dining with pop royalty and today she mingled with the Prince of Wales at a charity event in London.

After her girls' only evening with Madonna, the Hollywood actress graced the red carpet this afternoon at the UK finals of the Celebrate Success Awards held at The Odeon in London's Leicester Square.

The actress, who wore a grey frock and black cropped jacket, arrived alone - there was still no sight of her husband, Coldplay front man Chris Martin.

The ceremony was organised by the Prince's Trust, a charity established by Prince Charles more than 30 years ago.

charlesPA1803_700x960.jpg

VIPs: Prince Charles and Gwyneth Paltrow arrived at a ceremony organised by the Prince's Trust in London today

Gwyneth revealed: "I am a great admirer of The Prince of Wales. The work he has done through his charity to help young people is quite remarkable."

She later paid tribute to a reformed heroin and crack addict who has set up a business educating thousands of school children and prisoners on the dangers of drugs and binge-drinking.

Ian Fisher, 20, from The Wirral, Merseyside, won the Learning and Skills Council Young Achiever Award the ceremony.

The honours recognise young people who have overcome homelessness, drug addiction and unemployment to achieve success with the charity's support.

paltrowEPA_468x677.jpg

Solo mission: the actress arrived alone - there was again no sign of her husband Chris Martin

Gwyneth said: "Ian has shown remarkable will-power and strength of character to overcome drug addiction and prison. I am personally humbled by how such a young man can put his past experiences to good use and help others avoid similar problems."

Years of substance misuse have left Mr Fisher with chronic and life-threatening medical problems.

Star power: Kevin Spacey also attended the ceremony

He said: "Drugs education, I feel, is the way forward to stopping drug abuse happening in the first place. I am not going to stand down from this crusade that I am on until I have made some difference."

Kevin Spacey, Richard E Grant and Stardust's Charlie Cox were among those gathered at the event.

Fellow actor Damian Lewis presented the RBS Community Impact Award to a team of unemployed young people who revived a Second World War memorial garden in Witton, Birmingham.

Lewis said: "Civilians who died in the World War II heavy bombing were often buried without a permanent tombstone. I think the young people from this Prince's Trust team did an amazing thing, providing a crucial place for relatives to remember their lost ones."

Hosts Jenni Falconer and Ben Shephard and a 1,500-strong audience also heard how single mother-of-three Claire Hutchinson, 29, overcame long-term unemployment to set up a recycling business thanks to a Prince's Trust low-interest loan and mentoring support.

UK Recycling Assistance now employs 25 people and has donated more than £125,000 to a local charity for terminally-ill children.

Spacey, who handed Ms Hutchinson the Capgemini Enterprise Award, said: "Claire's success just shows how a little support can go a long way."

The Prince's Trust & RBS Celebrate Success Awards celebrate the achievements of young people supported by the youth charity who have succeeded against the odds, as well as the support from volunteers and staff.

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group's support of Celebrate Success is part of a five-year partnership with the Trust to help the one million young people who are not in education, employment or training.

The Trust has helped more than 575,000 young people since 1976.