✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

that interview is great except for Stern...:nod:

YEA! completely agree! I mean, I was a bit scared to watch it, just because I know the way Stern is... but he wasn't AS bad as I thought he would be... I'm glad he was a bit persistent on some things... kinda made Chris answer. And when he was horribly uncomfortable, he just found a way around answering... maybe he just needs that nudge sometimes because he really is so humble. Does that make sense?

YEA! completely agree! I mean, I was a bit scared to watch it, just because I know the way Stern is... but he wasn't AS bad as I thought he would be... I'm glad he was a bit persistent on some things... kinda made Chris answer. And when he was horribly uncomfortable, he just found a way around answering... maybe he just needs that nudge sometimes because he really is so humble. Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense. I love the interview Jian Ghomeshi did with Chris and Jonny on Q in Canada. He didn't really 'push' Chris but he nudged him gently a few times. Totally the opposite of stern, but with similar results. If you haven't heard it, check it out. :)

Makes perfect sense. I love the interview Jian Ghomeshi did with Chris and Jonny on Q in Canada. He didn't really 'push' Chris but he nudged him gently a few times. Totally the opposite of stern, but with similar results. If you haven't heard it, check it out. :)

How? Where? Help. :D

It was a great interview. Chris wasn't quite his normal self during that interview, and he admitted it. He let people see the uncertain side of himself. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction to find it!!

You're so welcome. Jian is one of my favorite interviewers/journalists out there. He's sensitive to his subject, but can still get some truly honest dialogue without being an asshole like Stern.

Q is one of the best Arts & Culture shows this country has to offer, imo. :)

It's downright heartwarming in spots. :) When you get as big as Coldplay, there's an expectation that your interviews should be 'polished', that your 'handlers' tell the host what they can and can't ask. I don't see Chris like that at all, and it's why I have so much respect for him. He's really effed up a couple of interviews because he's so damned human!:D

shucks....I should be doing my homework...

UATW is seriously fighting ETIAW for my no. 1 favorite song spot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8byfuVB3Mw0]Karaoke - Coldplay - Us against the world (devocalized) - YouTube[/ame]

I do like the Howard stern interview mostly because Howard changed a lot for the interview and so did chris as he opened up a lot! But I think if howard wasn't a dick, maybe chris wouldn't have opened up? I dunno, maybe I am talking bullshit! But Chris can be quite stubborn too and he admits that himself. I like it more when he talks about music more than his personal life....

Like I said, Jian wasn't a dick and he still got Chris to open up a litttle. Now, I will admit that the Stern interview has some funny moments, and I laughed through a lot of it, but Stern is just so classless. He did go pretty easy on Chris though. I was expecting much worse.

My boyfriend's band is covering Yellow, like the 09/10 live faster version. He's the guitarist, and he's got the effects down so well. The drums and the bass are great too, it actually sounds like the song.

... and then the singer comes in.

;____________;

it was almost perfect. But I just don't like his voice.

I was singing in the other room and I felt I was doing a better job.

I have to admit something, I didn't like the song "Princess of China" since I first heard it at all!! so I tried to ignore it for a bit & convince myself that there will come a time where I can actually like it.. This week after the behind the scenes video & all the debates going on about it I told myself " ok, this may not turn out so bad after all" so I tried to listen to the song again objectively...

I discovered that after the first minute I keep pressing rewind so as not to listen to Rihanna..I kept doing that so many times..Finally I managed to restrain myself from pressing the stop or rewind buttons, grinding my teeth & say "be objective girl"

The sad truth is I couldn't even feel the song, it is so bad, it has no feeling..it feels untrue & I could never relate to it..:( It hurt me more than you can ever think that I felt this way about a song of my favourite band.:embarrassed: I mean, there are songs that I don't neccessarily prefer but they have their moments when I can relate to them, but this song: nothing :confused:

I feel like a traitor :cry: & I don't like that feeling at all

Awww :hug: Don't feel bad. PoC will never work for me, either. I don't hate it, but I just don't like it too much. It's not deep enough, and (yeah, the classical reason) because of Rihanna. :)

^^Exactly. :nod:

Don't feel bad. You're FAR from alone. I really can't stand it. To the point where it's the song I'll use to tweet any pics I take at the show in July,lol. Rihanna's voice always sounds fake and auto-tuned to me, and Chris is capable of much deeper writing. It sounds silly, but I felt a bit like Coldplay let me down. But almost everything else they do is amazing, so I can live with not liking everything. Cool that you really tried to remain objective.:D

:nod: :nod:

I think Chris was just being nice to Rihanna. She can't handle deep lyrics very well :lol:

Hhahahahaah no :lol:

rihannas-deep-lyrics.jpg

Hhahahaha :laugh3:

according to twitter, they played viva la vida just after the goal in Bayern- Chelsea game. I couldn't hear it because i was screaming :lol:

Really? I did watch the game, too, but we were in a restaurant with my class, so I guess that's why I didn't hear it either :P

Random thought: My seat number for my train to London was 42 :nice: :nice: :D