✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I'm an idiot. I just started listening to Prospekts March again and it's so amazing. I've been a fan for years and i've never bothered to look into it even though i knew about it. Maybe i heard it a while ago and none of the songs (except for LiTii) really hit me but wow, i'm in love with it!!

Rainy Day is so....crazy, unique, amazing!!!! It's so far from what they usually sound like that it's just awesome. Also listened to Death and All His Friends....another song that i knew about years ago but never really got into it. Now i think it's so amazing. The same goes for Glass of Water.

That's why i love Coldplay. You're always discovering new songs of theirs.

I get this too. We always say they've released five albums so people tend to forget about Prospekt's March, but it's really something... It's better than Mylo Xyloto in many ways.

Hmmm, maybe I'll listen to it today or tomorrow.

This is funny if you're into the Radiohead vs Coldplay thing: http://themusic.com.au/blog/industry/2012/05/25/spa-confidential-25012-coldplay-v-radiohead/

time goes on..!

tumblr_m4lri2SZ3S1qdn1jpo1_r1_400.jpgtumblr_m4lri2SZ3S1qdn1jpo2_r1_400.jpg

Oh wow. That is cool. :awesome:

RCT.

My old teacher just linked *another* Coldplay video on Facebook.. I had to tell him about that CP had older and better songs than The Scientist..So I kindly recommended him to listen to their older music..:surprised:

Has anybody ever heard a live version of the beautiful song Prospekt's March? It has never been played live but I stumbled upon this video of it being soundchecked in 2008 :D

Oh wow thank you for posting !! Had never seen that before !! :D

time goes on..!

tumblr_m4lri2SZ3S1qdn1jpo1_r1_400.jpgtumblr_m4lri2SZ3S1qdn1jpo2_r1_400.jpg

Oh wow, exactly the same !! :awesome:

Edit: I was in a bookshop today, and Paradise was being played, I had to sing along to make sure everyone notices that I'm a CP fan. LOOOL

^ Nope, nope :P

Wow, they even have the same faces! Great find :wacky:

This morning I put on my new Coldplay t-shirt I bought in Nice and went to school. During the last period, when my philosophy teacher explained Bergson, to make us understand his idea of "interior time" related to personal experiences and relations, she said:

"For example... Let's say you're in a concert- I totally went :wacky:, she saw my face and kinda smiled to me... She must've seen the tons of posts on FB about it, or she wouldn't know :lol: She probably didn't even notice my t-shirt 'cause it was partly hidden by my desk...

Then she kept on: "... You'll all live it in a different way, each of you, according to what you relate songs to, for example...", my mind kept wandering back to 4 days ago for a long while :P

Not to say that before she made the example, I'd already thought of that concept related to one's perception of a concert, thinking about mine of course :P

^ I completely agree! This belongs in the 'You know you're addicted when' thread, but I think a sure sign of addiction is when a mere photo comparison can make you tear up like I just did!

And my random thought wasn't random as such, it's just that although I obviously adore Coldplay each and every day of my life, there are some days when it hits me just how much I love them. Today was one of those days. It's like a recurring epiphany about the sheer scale of my love for them, of how much they really mean to me and how utterly, indescribably happy they make me.

^ I completely agree! This belongs in the 'You know you're addicted when' thread, but I think a sure sign of addiction is when a mere photo comparison can make you tear up like I just did!

And my random thought wasn't random as such, it's just that although I obviously adore Coldplay each and every day of my life, there are some days when it hits me just how much I love them. Today was one of those days. It's like a recurring epiphany about the sheer scale of my love for them, of how much they really mean to me and how utterly, indescribably happy they make me.

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I get those moments when i realize how much i love them too :heart:

How I should really not be sitting on Coldplaying when I have an important exam tomorrow... :shocked2::P

Also, I saw a video on Tumblr earlier that seemed to be X&Y era. It was a performance of Til Kingdom Come followed by Ring of Fire, and I was just thinking how gorgeous it was because they were all standing together and they really did just look like 4 best friends rather than this huge world-famous super-band!

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I get those moments when i realize how much i love them too :heart:

Ahhh I have these moments as well!!! For example, lately, since after the Nice concert, my addiction to them has increased 200%! :dazzled:

This afternoon I heard the apprentice at my internship humming and singing "Para-para-paradise" and she noticed the huge smile on my face and she said: "Since you told me about how you like Coldplay I have this song stuck in my head"

My thought: "BWAHAHAHAAAA!!! " :sneaky:

^ I so agree on the We Found Love thing.

I love to watch them perform that bit.

And I also SO agree with the comment at the end: 'it now feels like a Coldplay-song'.

Well, to me it now IS their song!

I'd much rather listen to their version than hers. Just shows that there aren't necessarily bad songs, just different ways of arranging them to make them appealing to different people.:)

Yeah, I barely even think of it as a Rihanna song now... I think they just made it their own and completely rocked it. The use of actual instruments helped me like it more as well :laugh3: I just think that the guitar makes it brilliant and the beat and also Chris' little laugh at the beginning :nice: (sorry, that was a grammatically horrible sentence, but I can't be bothered to make it better :P)

And I definitely agree that songs we sometimes dismiss as being, quite frankly, a bit crap, can actually sound amazing once they're given a revamp and a whole new direction.