✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

No big interviews.. just little snippets. Chris talking about Trouble's lyrics & meaning.. and the DJ mainly talked about how brilliant the EP's and B-sides are, and that he recommends you to listen to them if you liked what you were hearing on the radio. :)

EP's and b-sides ARE really good and nice.

I really hope they'll release something like that again in the MX-era (besides MtM).

Princess ofChina, is it you who's following me on twitter now? If so, we both studie the same!

@Coldplay Respect. I was hoping MX was in the list but already didn't thought so. But it would have made me even more proud! :D (If that's even possible)

There's this street festival here and they have clowns and acrobats and all that stuff. And I was watching the report on TV about it, and the guy in-charge went about how they'll have European contest in riding unicycle. And I go, ohhh than Mr. Martin is definitely gonna be there. So the guy continues talking about who will take a part in it and he introduces a guy from England who will take the part in the unicycle contest and his name is CHRIS! :P

Sadly its not THE CHRIS cause he's in Portugal. :(

I have to admit something, I didn't like the song "Princess of China" since I first heard it at all!! so I tried to ignore it for a bit & convince myself that there will come a time where I can actually like it.. This week after the behind the scenes video & all the debates going on about it I told myself " ok, this may not turn out so bad after all" so I tried to listen to the song again objectively...

I discovered that after the first minute I keep pressing rewind so as not to listen to Rihanna..I kept doing that so many times..Finally I managed to restrain myself from pressing the stop or rewind buttons, grinding my teeth & say "be objective girl"

The sad truth is I couldn't even feel the song, it is so bad, it has no feeling..it feels untrue & I could never relate to it..:( It hurt me more than you can ever think that I felt this way about a song of my favourite band.:embarrassed: I mean, there are songs that I don't neccessarily prefer but they have their moments when I can relate to them, but this song: nothing :confused:

I feel like a traitor :cry: & I don't like that feeling at all

I have to admit something, I didn't like the song "Princess of China" since I first heard it at all!! so I tried to ignore it for a bit & convince myself that there will come a time where I can actually like it.. This week after the behind the scenes video & all the debates going on about it I told myself " ok, this may not turn out so bad after all" so I tried to listen to the song again objectively...

I discovered that after the first minute I keep pressing rewind so as not to listen to Rihanna..I kept doing that so many times..Finally I managed to restrain myself from pressing the stop or rewind buttons, grinding my teeth & say "be objective girl"

The sad truth is I couldn't even feel the song, it is so bad, it has no feeling..it feels untrue & I could never relate to it..:( It hurt me more than you can ever think that I felt this way about a song of my favourite band.:embarrassed: I mean, there are songs that I don't neccessarily prefer but they have their moments when I can relate to them, but this song: nothing :confused:

Don't worry, it's rihanna's fault. You don't let coldplay down:) it's just rihanna who's terrible. You're still an amazing fan:)

So.. you don't like Princess of China?

I feel offended :phu: :lol::lol:

No, I'm not in love with the song either. I think they've made WAY better material over the years than this song. However, I like how they're trying some new stuff now. It can only get better in the future, right?:) Not liking one song isn't a disaster, they've given us so many songs that we DO love and that we do want to listen to non-stop, right?

^^Exactly. :nod:

Don't feel bad. You're FAR from alone. I really can't stand it. To the point where it's the song I'll use to tweet any pics I take at the show in July,lol. Rihanna's voice always sounds fake and auto-tuned to me, and Chris is capable of much deeper writing. It sounds silly, but I felt a bit like Coldplay let me down. But almost everything else they do is amazing, so I can live with not liking everything. Cool that you really tried to remain objective.:D

I guess I'm weird!! (There's an opening many could take advantage of! :laugh3:) I love the song and have since the minute I listened to the album. Do I like Rihanna? No - never been a fan. But Chris somehow saw something in her that he wanted on the song. There are songs I haven't cared for over the years,but I can't imagine ever being let down by the band. They are enjoying themselves and putting out music that makes them happy. Can't please everyone I guess. I am really looking forward to, well, let's face, seeing Chris in the video. :laugh3:

Yeah, it's not like it's up to me or anyone what they do, so long as they're happy. PoC felt like a sell-out to me though. It's just my opinion. And I'll always love them even if not every song blows me away.:D

(Hell, I don't even like every song I'VE written,lol.)

Yeah, Nelly Furtado might have been cool. Emile Sane/ Imogen Heap?

;)

me?;)

So I watched the 2 hour interview of Chris on the Howard Stern show....

and wow!

I've never seen an interview of him that was that long. They talked about everything, from his kids, to how he came up with Paradise and Yellow, to touring schedule and everything in between. Chris was a little standoffish sometimes, but he opened up a bit. I wish he would have talked a little more directly sometimes, but that's Chris. Likes to keep his personal life, personal.

Overall, really good interview and chris looked amazing as usual. :)

So I watched the 2 hour interview of Chris on the Howard Stern show....

and wow!

I've never seen an interview of him that was that long. They talked about everything, from his kids, to how he came up with Paradise and Yellow, to touring schedule and everything in between. Chris was a little standoffish sometimes, but he opened up a bit. I wish he would have talked a little more directly sometimes, but that's Chris. Likes to keep his personal life, personal.

Overall, really good interview and chris looked amazing as usual. :)

I'm still amazed Chris did that interview. Stern is notorious for being brutal, up-front and (as you heard) pervy as hell with his interview subjects. Chris would have run screaming even a few years ago,lol. He handled himself surprisingly well under the circumstances. :)

I'm still amazed Chris did that interview. Stern is notorious for being brutal, up-front and (as you heard) pervy as hell with his interview subjects. Chris would have run screaming even a few years ago,lol. He handled himself surprisingly well under the circumstances. :)

that interview is great except for Stern...:nod: