🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

I'm watching the live 2003 dvd right now, which I haven't seen in years and I am getting all misty eyed seeing how far they have come. I am so proud of them!

Fantastic DVD!! The tour diary makes me so excited for another one.

I wouldn't be able to pick just one album per night, so they'd have to play FIVE shows in each city and do an album per night,lol. But I think it would be VLV/DAAHF and AROBTTH if pressed. Only because when I first heard them, Parachutes was just about all they had, so I've heard most of it live. :D

:lol: That would be fantastic! :D

I wish I had been as lucky as you to have seen them live since Parachutes! :) How were they live back then anyways? :)

:lol: That would be fantastic! :D

I wish I had been as lucky as you to have seen them live since Parachutes! :) How were they live back then anyways? :)

THey've been amazing right from the start. Of course they've grown musically, but even then they all played well, and their sound was always crystal clear!

THey've been amazing right from the start. Of course they've grown musically, but even then they all played well, and their sound was always crystal clear!

:wacky: I bet they were. I love reading about their beginnings. That's why I loved Matt McGinn's book and all the little tidbits of the early days.

Happy Father's Day to Coldplay and Coldplayers

Here in the USA it is Father's Day, so I would like to wish Chris, Jonny, Will, Guy, and (for the first time) Phil a very happy day!

Also Happy Father's Day to all you Coldplayers who are dads, especially Ian! Have a wonderful day!

You're so lucky to have been able to watch them develop and flourish as musicians pretty much since the start of their career! I wish I could have been a fan back then so I could truly appreciate how far they've come :)

Incidentally, when did you first see them? And what was the setlist like?

I wonder about how the boys are. I hope they're okay on their tour. :nice: Anyone know where they are now?

Oh, I expect as it's fathers' day they are probably enjoying some time with their families and children :nice:

Oh, I expect as it's fathers' day they are probably enjoying some time with their families and children :nice:

Is it Fathers' Day in the UK? It is in Canada. Yes. they're probably home since they're not playing again til the 22nd.

The first time I saw Coldplay was in Foxboro, MA. It was thehir first North American tour...first show. It's mentioned in Matt's book briefly. We got there late, but I do remember Shiver, Trouble, Yellow, Animals (I think) and GPASUYF (I need to dig the CD out to refresh myself about the list,lol.)

They plsyed either first or second at an all day festival where people were waiting for Greenday, The Cult, Maralyn Manson and anyone else who wasn't a soft rock banc from England,lol. They took a lot of abuse from the crowd (Just like the HSFest the next day if you've read Matt's book) But they obviously kept going and are stronger for those early experiences.:D

Today's artist on VH1, Denmark at 12 o'clock / noon was Coldplay.

Vh1, Denmark's top 12 at 12 today:

12. In My Place (2002 / A Rush of Blood to the Head)

11. Violet Hill (2008 / Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends)

10. Charlie Brown (2012 / Mylo Xyloto)

09. Lovers in Japan (2008 live version / Viva la Vida album)

08. Fix You (2005 / X&Y)

07. Strawberry Swing (2009 / Viva la Vida album)

06. Don't Panic (2000 / Parachutes)

05. Yellow (2000 / parachutes)

04. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (2012 / Mylo Xyloto)

03. Viva la Vida (title track from their 2008 album)

02. Princess of China (feat. Rihanna) (2012 / Xylo Myloto - 1st time played on VH1)

01. Paradise (2012 / Xylo Myloto)

4.from Mylo Xyloto / 4 from Viva album / 2 from Parachutes / 1 from X&Y and 1 from A Rush of Blood to the Head

From this article:

"Some stars object to meet-and-greets on moral grounds, believing they favour richer fans over poorer ones. British band Coldplay believe the system simply enriches ticket touts and agents, and opt to auction their own meet-and-greets directly to fans.

This usually raises around £1,000 per ticket, which the band donates to the homeless charity Crisis.

:nice:

I can't wait for the second leg of the North American Tour to start. I enjoy reading reviews and watching the videos. It's like a habit now.

Following and sharing tweets on the gig threads has become a part of my daily routine. I miss it between legs!:D

Almost time for Dallas!:D