✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Thanks for everyone who commented...your thoughts certainly helped tipping the balance in favor of going ! :)

(Any smart tip from one of you more experienced concert-goers for how to stay hydrated when you are not allowed to go out for the restrooms once you are waiting in line ?? )

Great! I'm also that kind of person who over-analyse things, and I'm starting to look at the way I see life in a different way. But there are some things that just happens once in a lifetime, so why not taking some risks. And I also need that tip, in a month Coldplay is coming to my country and the only solution I have in mind is not drinking water but that won't be healthy.

So I thought it over again and again...the strongest argument against this is that the stress of the trip and the lack of sleep will for sure make my cold(play) worse, there is no doubt about that. The upcoming week will be an extremely stressful one at work, so of course reason told me not to do this....

BUT I have been reasonable far too many times in my life (LOL Batman, when I read your comment...it is as if you knew me :D). Usually what you end up regretting later in your life when you are older is not having lived life the fullest and focused to much on work and other not-so-important stuff, rather than having done the odd crazy thing when you were young.

So I cannot believe it, but I just bought bus tickets for NYC !!!!!!! Luckily they are non-refundable so I cannot even begin to think about changing my mind. As they say.... "I'll start before I can stop or before I see things the right way up"

Thanks for everyone who commented...your thoughts certainly helped tipping the balance in favor of going ! :)

(Any smart tip from one of you more experienced concert-goers for how to stay hydrated when you are not allowed to go out for the restrooms once you are waiting in line ?? )

I'm so happy that you decided to go (and jealous too)! The other day I was reading about someone's experience of planning to go to a Coldplay concert. Unfortunately that person got very sick, literally deadly sick and had to go to the hospital and end up missing the concert. I know that that's one of the few things which would keep me from going. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time and I can't wait to hear about your experience.

• Like 2

I just wondered what do those trophy points in my profile actually mean? :confused:

They depend on the amount of likes you hav received so far. It's just a generated message :)

So I cannot believe it, but I just bought bus tickets for NYC !!!!!!!

vYTZyCS.gif

• Like 2

I Ran Away,

So very happy for you!! It is so true that you only live once. I'm glad you are going to have an incredible memory. By the time you are my age, you wish you had done more things like this. I can literally drink iced tea all day and it doesn't affect me like water. But it is dehydrating so I try to alternate with a little water. They seem to balance each other. I also like water with a little fruit juice.

• Like 2

Hey all ! Just figured out how to access Coldplaying on my mobile, so that I can stay with you (and stay awake) during this long night which is hopefully gonna be my adventure of a lifetime. I'm also gonna post my riddle in Guess Coldplay song soon....

• Like 6

I Ran Away,

So very happy for you!! It is so true that you only live once. I'm glad you are going to have an incredible memory. By the time you are my age, you wish you had done more things like this. I can literally drink iced tea all day and it doesn't affect me like water. But it is dehydrating so I try to alternate with a little water. They seem to balance each other. I also like water with a little fruit juice.

Yes, I agree with the drink. Another option is to get some Gatorade (which I'm sipping on right now :) ) which keeps you pretty hydrated, too.

• Like 3

I Ran Away, glad you're there safely! How are you feeling? Also, those who know New York, can we give I Ran Away some ideas on places to go for lunch or if time, other places to try to see? I don't know how long the set us, does anyone else? I suggest Kaplan's deli to pick up a sandwich to go. I'll research the address and see where it is relative to 30 Rock (where the Today Show is, I believe). New Yorkers?

• Like 1

I Ran Away, glad you're there safely! How are you feeling? Also, those who know New York, can we give I Ran Away some ideas on places to go for lunch or if time, other places to try to see? I don't know how long the set us, does anyone else? I suggest Kaplan's deli to pick up a sandwich to go. I'll research the address and see where it is relative to 30 Rock (where the Today Show is, I believe). New Yorkers?

I'm still on the road...thanks, my cold was actually better today and the Coldplay excitement makes me forget a lot of it right now ;)

That is a kind idea of you, but you dont need to look up any suggestions for me... I will be tired after the show and will probably only walk a few adjacent streets, settle in a coffeeshop and rest until my 2 pm bus takes me back

I will explore NYC another time :)

• Like 2

I'm still on the road...thanks, my cold was actually better today and the Coldplay excitement makes me forget a lot of it right now ;)

That is a kind idea of you, but you dont need to look up any suggestions for me... I will be tired after the show and will probably only walk a few adjacent streets, settle in a coffeeshop and rest until my 2 pm bus takes me back

I will explore NYC another time

Do me a favour and write down the link to the oldplaying thread, scrunch it up in a ball and throw it at Chris :P

• Like 3

Do me a favour and write down the link to the oldplaying thread, scrunch it up in a ball and throw it at Chris :P

I'll do it during the AOAL performance :P

No but in all honesty...I have already provided for the (unlikely) chance that Chris comes close to the fans and packed AROBTTH and X&Y and a pen into my bag :D

• Like 3

I'll do it during the AOAL performance :P

No but in all honesty...I have already provided for the (unlikely) chance that Chris comes close to the fans and packed AROBTTH and X&Y and a pen into my bag :D

Anything is possible! You might be lucky enough to meet a band member at the end of the show

• Like 1

Just hold up a huge sign that says "I'm from Coldplaying!"....they're bound to notice you then! :p

Nah, I really wanna pass unnoticed by the camera...I didnt tell people at my workplace where I am going, just said I am not there on Monday. Hope no one watches the Today Show ;)

• Like 1

Nah, I really wanna pass unnoticed by the camera...I didnt tell people at my workplace where I am going, just said I am not there on Monday. Hope no one watches the Today Show ;)

Lol they'd be like "wow she really looks familiar!"

• Like 1