🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

**The Kooks!**

frogbuttgirlie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww no worries about the linkies, my pleasure! :wink2:

Wait, are you talking about my John avi photo? Cause I used to have a Luke one so now you get me all confused :confused: Is it still the old one? Or maybe you are talking about John indeed!

Yeah, I was talking about the picture of your current avatar... about John! :heart:

Actually I didn't know you had a photo of Luke as your "old" avi. Could you show me the that you had? -out of curiosity :P

hello girls !!

Im here to anouns my new ring ton

'Sofa Song '

"The city freeze for

I just realised I don't like you

Me and my girl

Are going out for some air

And I will do my best

Just to get under her dress

And catch you out if I can

On the other side of my sofa"

This is great July! :)

Sofa song is one of my fav ones and that specific bit of it makes me laugh so much... it's so damn kinky!!! lol :sneaky:

Hey! Welcome to the thread!

Its funny you should say that their music resembles The Beatles. Yesterday, I was talking to my friend and I usually school him on good music(Thank you very much! LMAO) But yeah, so I showed him Oh La. The first thing he said was: They sound a whole lot like The Beatles. I didnt actually think they did, but seeing now that two people think that they do..I'll seriously look into that.

Btw. Andrea your avi picture distracts me so much

Thank you Sienna! :nice:

Yes, that was the first thing I thought about them first time I listened to their other songs (besides Naive), which is a good thing, in my opinion. Some bits of them, both instrumentally and the way that Luke sings reminded me the Beatles, perhaps mainly in the drums part. Check it out... maybe if you hear their songs with this idea, you'll find those parts that your friend and me mentioned. ;)

Yeah, I was talking about the picture of your current avatar... about John! :heart:

Actually I didn't know you had a photo of Luke as your "old" avi. Could you show me the that you had? -out of curiosity :P

Ohh sure thing! Let me find it and I'll post it straight away!

And btw, someone asked for the 'Sofa Song' vid, so that's coming up as well :thumbsup:

I don't seem to find it anywhere! Ooooh annoying :angry: I'll keep trying, promise!

By the way, talking about 'Sofa Song', was just watching some old performances again, and found this particular one on

which looked so different! First of all, I'm kinda used to seeing Luke playing guitar almost all the time (ok, exception being 'Pull Me In'), so this is the first thing that seemed strange. Then, Paul's hairstyle! :laugh4: I've seen old pics and it's the same as on the official video but still, I'm so thankful he's wearing it shorter now! And all in all, it looked a bit awkward, probably cause it was one of their first performances on telly, and they all seemed a bit too concentrated! Just my opinion though, liked it all the same!

Omg, Andy, you are a Kooks fan hero :D I love everything you post, I can't even begin to comment on each, but I watch/read/listen to them all! :laugh4: I really love them, I hope they're destined to be big. I saw In/Out at the local "alt music" ( :rolleyes: ) store here in RI the other day at the top of the "new releases" rack, and there were quite a few copies gone!! :) yay! Go go go Kooks!

I feel very priviledged, I am ahead of the trends here in the States, I listened to the Kooks quite awhile ago :smug: I hate when people equate how long they've listened to a band with yanno... how big a fan they are, cuz it's not true at ALL. But it's just really cool to be like "Oh, yes, I've been listening to them for about 5-6 months now haha whut now bitchzzzz"

? :thinking: LMFAO I don't know what I'm going on about.

^lolz. I couldnt agree more:D(yes, about both parts of your post:D)

People always go off on like who much they love every single artist that becomes succesful after they have already got the brits tired(See James Blunt, Snow Patrol, etc). I hope the Kooks get recognition in the US, but not as much!

:laugh4: I do! Totally makes sense! It's not quite with me, cause to be ahead of the trends, those should arrive at somepoint (if you get whay I mean?). So most of the time, I'm listening to stuff that never ever will be known over here, but still, I'm happy with it :smug:

I just try to make people know them! Saw a copy too (yep, only one :laugh4:) at this store but it was $90 (which will be something like 30 US dollars?), so I restrained myself and didn't get it- I'm not rich goddamit! Already sorted someone to get it for me, so problem solved, just a month more to wait and I'll have it!

I really hope they find some sort of recognition in the US, they totally deserve it! And fingers crossed for them to play Boston soon! :wink2:

Oh remember to get voting on the Q awards! They're nominated for best new act, though I think Arctic Monkeys are in there as well, so the chances for our boys are quite slim :\ GO KOOKS! (I do like the Monkeys too, but they've had enough awards already! :laugh4:)

haha, definitely they died and also the camera they brought to that gig! :laugh4:

About what u said: it's true, you can breathe the atmosphere of that concert... people seem to be so excited!

I don't seem to find it anywhere! Ooooh annoying :angry: I'll keep trying' date=' promise!

did you refer to the picture? If so, don't worry ;)

Well I don't think they're in the same category so they both can win and make you one happy girl :D

Yes, I was talking about that picture :sad: Still can't find it! Anyway, I'll post a random one just to please you all (and myself :laugh4:)

the_kooks_koko_13_03_06%20(31).jpg

Awww just read the NME weekly letter ant they're featuring a lil interview with Luke

- The Croaks! Luke Kooks says the tonsillitis he suffered could have changed his voice forever, after he defies doctors by refusing to have his tonsils removed.

AWWW :heart: Extra glad he's okey now!

Well I don't think they're in the same category so they both can win and make you one happy girl :D

Yes, I was talking about that picture :sad: Still can't find it! Anyway, I'll post a random one just to please you all (and myself :laugh4:)

:lol: i thought they were running for the same price :lol: thanks god !! yes hope they win :dance:

thanks for the picture! It's wonderful! :heart::drunk: