🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

**The Kooks!**

frogbuttgirlie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, hey! This thread has overtaken my 'Jonny Buckland got married!' thread in most popular threads started by me, or something.

Well that is quite the accomplishment!

(lmfao wow that was the best April fools ever...... man.)

LMFAO!! Yes, it wasssssssssssss!! :D:D You seriously had us going! Its seemed believable enough, me thinks:rolleyes:

It is something to be proud of, because as far as I know the only thing that ever catched on that was co-started by me was the whole CFU deal!:blush:

I've never heard that cover as well, thanks Andy for the upload! :kiss: You are a legend!

Aww no worries, my pleasure :wink2:

So okey Dani, this is esp. for you but remember, I don't know how reliable this info is (considering everyone at their forum is far from nice...). Someone mentioned that free tickets would be given away at the Brooklyn signing, though I find it a bit strange considering it's a sold-out gig? :thinking:

Oh wel, just thought I'd let you know just in case.

PICSPAM TIME :idea2:

119024516_3e89a42d89_o.jpg

Lower area -> :stunned:

128408067_dc43868ce2_o.jpg

:wink3:

I'll give a prize to the one that can spot more than one guy in that audience :rolleyes:

128407306_07e45e5659_o.jpg

Isn't he looking more of a ginger lately? :thinking:

128407736_5331771c46_o.jpg

COOL LUKE.

127019408_350dc225c8_b.jpg

(I was there a month after that happened :bigcry:)

121259219_f4d178453e_o.jpg

121259220_910e6b457a_o.jpg

I can't help feeling a bit sad and nostalgic when seeing that :(

We miss ya Max! :( :(

thank you for the info and the spams. omg they keep me sane haha

I really don't think NYC's going to work out. My mom and dad are working, plus we're moving my grandma into her new apartment... ah well... they'll be back, and I'm sure they'll do a signing here in Boston *has to keep positive lmfao* and either way I really don't enjoy signings that much, I much prefer meeting people before or after gigs, much more intimate and fun :smug:

:(

haha, ah well!

No no no, no announcements at all so far, and I don't really think they're working on one yet. They keep doing "new" songs at radio sessions or something, but those are most of the times bsides. Only one that's been permament on tour is 'Always...', which they introduce as a brand new track everytime even though it's ancient! :laugh4: So yeah, basically touring now.

Sooo Dani, sounds like the sensible thing to do to be honest. It was wayyy to risky this time. I'm sure they'll do great in the US and they'll go back :dance:

By the way, I just find it hilarious the siggy of one of the guys in their forum! It's like this quote from some sort of message board (myspace probably) which says (:\ okey, this is getting confusing lmfao I can't fucking write properly!) one message off him asking them to visit the US, he loves them etc etc (back from '05) and then their answer saying: We'd love to but we need to take over the UK first.

I don't know if that made any sense at all but yeah, it's so fucking true, I love it how it's all so real now.

I haven't yet... I just can't figure out the download site... :( I'm freakin' retarded. Plus I'm going to go to bed so it'd probably take awhile. If anything I'll dl it tomorrow.

Oh definitely do so! Check last page (or the one before) as Red posted a little explanation on how to get it working. It took me a while to figure it out too but it finally worked. If that's still not going, make sure you PM or something and I'll reup it.

It's REALLY worthy, trust me. I think I might be liking it much more than the actual album :thinking: But yeah, some killer renditions of lots of fantastic songs.

:thumbsup:

^Maybe I just didnt explain it right? :thinking: Reading too much russian for 30 minutes straight can be quite harsh on someone's brain!:laugh4:

Maxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AHHH, We miss ya!!!!!!!!!:(

Thanks for the picspam! Its always welcome :wink3:

im still wondering if anybody's got any news' date=' on when the new album's comming out. any announcment about that?[/quote']

http://www.nme.com/news/the-kooks/24890

They will get to work on album 2 once they finished plugging everything out of their current album, they have to work on cracking America now, although if they release a 7th single from it in the UK, than that might actually be a record of most singles from a single disc album.

So finally someone says something about our dearie Max

SFTW meets The Kooks

By JACQUI SWIFT

October 27, 2006

WHEN The Kooks had to postpone a string of UK tour dates last month, it was a wake-up call for frontman Luke Pritchard.

The Brighton band, one of this year’s success stories, had to reschedule five dates when Luke was hit with chronic tonsillitis and laryngitis.

Constant touring and late-night partying had taken its toll on the star, who was told by doctors he needed six days of rest and recuperation.

As I chat to the curly-haired singer in a Manchester hotel, it’s obvious that his illness has changed his outlook on life in a band.

Sat with a cup of juiced beetroot in his hand, Luke, 21, tells me: “Everything’s changed now. I’d been to LA to interview (Blondie singer) Debbie Harry and got sick with a fever. I had to fly home the next day and it got worse. Then I was told it was severe tonsillitis and laryngitis.

“Getting so ill scared me. We’ve bought a juicer now and that’s what I drink on the tour bus. I hated having to cancel those gigs. It’s not just me it affects but all the fans who bought tickets, took days off work and paid for hotels.”

The band had already suffered one casualty when bass player Max Rafferty was forced to leave with a near-breakdown from the constant touring. Luke says: “I don’t want to say anything that might upset him but when it happened it made us all even more determined to succeed.

“It was tough but we couldn’t let it get in the way as we think we are a good and important band that deserves to be big. For all the good things you’re going to have bad.

“It’s all a bit up in the air as to whether he’ll ever come back. Maybe being in a band like this isn’t for everyone. For me, I love it — travelling, not having a stable life. But it doesn’t really work for Max. Who knows? We’ll see. As soon as we find out, we’ll let everyone know.”

It’s been a phenomenal year for The Kooks. Their debut album Inside In/Inside Out has sold more than a million copies, making them one of the bands of the year and Luke one of music’s newest heart-throbs.

Even as we sit chatting, he is constantly pestered by girls asking for autographs and photos — and is always accommodating.

He jokes: “It’s not always like this. I get abuse, too, but I can take it. In general, though, people are cool.”

Ooh La is The Kooks’ sixth single released from Inside In/Inside Out, showing the strength of the album.

Luke says: “Our record label wanted to re-release Sofa Song but we have a policy of no re-releases. Editors and Kaiser Chiefs both did it — but not us. We think we have 14 singles on our album

“Even if Ooh La doesn’t do anything in the charts we don’t care. It’s just a simple pop song that shows a more edgy side of us. A great song with a big chorus.”

And is it true that the song is about Luke’s ex, singer Katie Melua, who he went out with for three years?

He says: “Not at all. A certain weekly music magazine wrote that it was. Kate is the kind of person who stays out of the spotlight apart from her charity work. I’ve learned to handle questions about her but there’s nothing to talk about as my personal life is boring.”

One recent high point for The Kooks was supporting The Rolling Stones at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium in August.

It was a poignant moment for Luke, whose dad Bob died when he was just three. He was a big Stones fan and a guitarist whose band had once supported The Stones, too. And it was his record collection that led to Luke’s love of music.

He says: “It was full circle for me really because I never knew my dad but I’d made a connection with him through music. I grew up playing his favourite songs. Playing with The Stones was surreal — and my mum was in tears.”

This week The Kooks began their first US tour. With dates in New York and LA sold out, Luke is hopeful of matching their UK success across the pond.

He says: “We’re all very ambitious because we believe we have made some great music.

“We didn’t want to do America to begin with, being a bit humble. But now we’re at the point where we think we can do what we want”

The Kooks are already looking forward to next year and their second album — which Luke promises will blow everyone’s minds.

He reveals: “The next album is going to be f***ing amazing. We’re going to take our time and release it when we feel it’s ready.

It’ll be produced by Tony Hoffer again because I am in love with him.

“Listening to the first album reminds me how not to make the next one. We were just wrecked all the time and it shows.

“I’m itching to put the new songs out. I think the new record will be special as lyrically the songs are so much better. I wrote tracks like Naive when I was just 16.

“I’ve improved so much and have got the best musicians to work with. Bands are crap at playing instruments these days — but we’re different.”

SOURCE: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006140003-2006490666,00.html

And doooooo check these next links, you won't regret it (Ha, you know you're too tempted now! :sneaky:)

So here's a link to the Sofa Song alternate version appearing on the 'Ooh La' CD single. It's almost exactly the same as the original, so I guess this is only for Kooks obsessed fans :D

Shame they put that on there really, can't wait to hear the proper bsides! Loooooooove the cover of the enhanced CD :nice:

vscdx1918.JPG

(I want a bigger version!)

I have to admit I loved all the singles artwork :blush:

I just got their record last week, and I love it! I love "Sea the World"...

Surprised to find out the guys in the band are so fucking young! I think the oldest is like 22. I'm 22...You know you're getting old when the bands you listen to are your age or even younger!