✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE REAL TITLE: "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends"

BostonSportsTD

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh1:

ohh my god, so funny i'm lol-ing. because my friends are the same way. they just kind of roll their eyes and think i'm unhealthily obsessed. which perhaps i am, but it's just not cool for young people to really love something so much or be passionate about anything. disinterest and apathy is the norm and it pisses me off.

interestingly, though, pretty much all of my friends appreciate them and have coldplay (at least X&Y or the main singles) on their ipods and listen to it on occasion. but they think i'm nuts for being able to listen to it on end. they wonder why i dont get annoyed with it.

I have different groups of friends, so I hang out with the 'nice' girls, the 'freaks/goths', the 'dorky' guys, etc. etc. So they all listen to different music. Some listen to scream-o, others listen to mainstream Top 40 stuff, but none are really into Coldplay like me.

Most of my friends appreciate them also, and one in particular is really into them (no thanks to me, of course :laugh1: ). So it's mostly ok for me. Even that guy i was talking to earlier likes them. But heh, he can obviously see I'm obsessed, haha, and thats fine I guess, I enjoy our little Coldplay scuffles.

okay so maybe at a glance the title of the album doesn't strike out loud as "how to dismantle an atomic bomb" or "take off your pants and jacket" (for example, LoL).

but if you take the time to look at what each half of the sentence means, and contemplate more about ideas of "life" and "death," then this album title is beautiful. there's so much depth in what's been said with those words.

i <3 it.

and i'm already convinced that the album is going to be incredible.

¡Viva la vida de Coldplay! :wacky:

si, es verdad :smiley:

r u all joking? when i first heard about this i honestly thought it was a big joke, much to my horror it was real. this is the worst name since panic at the disco became "cool" or when chris decided to have kids (poor buggers). i just hope the music makes up for the terrible name, at least they have come to the realisation that x and y was terrible and its time for change. get back to what you do well guys and for fuck sake change the name. no more piano ballads please!! no more cheese!

"Viva La Vida or Death and all his Friends"

This sounds like the band that gave me hope. I was pretty pissed about viva la vida. I thought it was pretty lazy......but now that I see this.....I feel a whole lot better. Its a choice that every human can make. kind of like the amsterdam meaning, Live your life or join death and all the others. Its kinda X&Y related with the choice thing......but I somehow feel this album will give me the hope that I've lost. I can say that I am very proud of the guys.

Totally agreed!