✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE REAL TITLE: "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends"

BostonSportsTD

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though i love the phrase "death and all his friends," i actually think the entire title would sound a bit better as just "viva la vida or death." it's simpler, less cluttered, and i think has more meaning, maybe. and it reminds me a bit of the whole "give me liberty or give me death" sentiment (not that i'm some huge SUV-driving, flag-waving hardcore american or anything!)

^ANNIE YOU JUST SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME.

i rushed to the site thinking that they had POSTED A DEMO. you can't do that to me! :lol: i'm sending you the hospital bill for the heart attack i just had :P

:laugh3: Sorry, love! I just want one sooooooo bad!

Guest kmm1482

Every day this week has been like the night before Christmas! I could barely sleep last night, cause I knew we'd get the full report from Chris and the tracklisting! What are we gonna do when the dust settles a month from now when the single won't be released for another month or so? I know it's only one month later than we thought it would be released, but that seems like one YEAR! with May 19, it was only 2 months away! But now it's 3!!!! At least we'll get 'Violet Hill' somewhat soon and then '42' not long after that. I just wanna hear SOMETHING!

Coldplayin’ Themselves

281x211.jpg

Hey, remember two days ago, when we all were making fun of Coldplay for calling their new album Viva la Vida? Sure you do. We made a joke about the title confusing Ricky Martin fans? Man, those were good times.

Anyway, if you missed your opportunity to laugh at Chris Martin and Co. the first time around, well, you’ve got a second chance now. Because, as luck would have it, they’ve changed the title of the album. More specifically, they’ve added to it. As posted on Coldplay’s official site yesterday (and confirmed by a spokesperson for their management today) the album is called — wait for it — Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends.

Seriously.

That’s the title. And while it’s nothing to rival Coheed and Cambria’s catalogue (like their 2005 album, Good Apollo I’m Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness,) dang, we’re starting to wonder if Martin is getting paid by the word when it comes to picking a title.

Oh, actually, via the power of Google, we’ve just figured out that “Death” is actually the title of one of the songs on the record, “a straight-up rock tune with a riff that sounds ripped from the Doobie Brothers, piano, and, in the last section, flute” ( so says “Rolling Stone”. Which sounds pretty excellent. We love the flute.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2008/03/21/coldplayin-themselves/

281x211.jpg

Hey, remember two days ago, when we all were making fun of Coldplay for calling their new album Viva la Vida? Sure you do. We made a joke about the title confusing Ricky Martin fans? Man, those were good times.

Anyway, if you missed your opportunity to laugh at Chris Martin and Co. the first time around, well, you’ve got a second chance now. Because, as luck would have it, they’ve changed the title of the album. More specifically, they’ve added to it. As posted on Coldplay’s official site yesterday (and confirmed by a spokesperson for their management today) the album is called — wait for it — Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends.

Seriously.

That’s the title. And while it’s nothing to rival Coheed and Cambria’s catalogue (like their 2005 album, Good Apollo I’m Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness,) dang, we’re starting to wonder if Martin is getting paid by the word when it comes to picking a title.

Oh, actually, via the power of Google, we’ve just figured out that “Death” is actually the title of one of the songs on the record, “a straight-up rock tune with a riff that sounds ripped from the Doobie Brothers, piano, and, in the last section, flute” ( so says “Rolling Stone”. Which sounds pretty excellent. We love the flute.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2008/03/21/coldplayin-themselves/

Haha, that first paragraph cracked me up :laugh3:

I still prefer one or the other, both potential titles together seems like a bad accident of indecision. but oh well...

Damn I was hoping for them to write a new entry telling us the official name and tracklist... which they said were finishing tuesday!

Now I wont b able to sleep well till monday or tuesday!

I am expecting it to look something like this:

VIVA LA VIDA

or Death and all his friends

A normal title along with an opposite subtitle, giving us the option to use VLV as the abbrevation :)

I am expecting it to look something like this:

VIVA LA VIDA

or Death and all his friends

A normal title along with an opposite subtitle, giving us the option to use VLV as the abbrevation :)

Yep, spot on.

Well, they'd better do that way, or they'd have to put that '/' in.

I personally don't like the new title that long. I think either one would sound fine, but together its very slllopppy and knd uv mssy. Just my opinion, I think the songs will be incredible. Maybe they spent too much time on songs and not enough time on Name/Album Art/PR/Tracklisting... But what do I know?

And BTW, I doubt there will be an kind of album with the omitted songs. They had like 40 choices for Rush of Blood and X&Y and didnt release anything else, so why would this time be any different?

Guest kmm1482

ummmmmm... They ARE eventually going to tell us all the details right? I mean, they said it was gonna be done today and we'd get a full tracklist and article from chris too, correct? Unless they release the info at midnight tonight. I guess I'm just getting impatient, like the rest of us of course.

I think we should give them until Tuesday.

At the the stroke at midnight on that day though, I think it would be time to get our pitchforks sharpened & ready to march all the way up to Portland to find out what the hell is going on. And judging by the number of coldplayers here, that's a lot of prongs to contend with.

I'm having a conversation with one of my friends on MSN at the moment.

... well, see for yourself.

--------------------------------------

!! Mike !! says:

hey dude

!! Mike !! says:

whats happenin

Semy says:

heh

Semy says:

on the coldplay forums

Semy says:

waiting for a tracklisting for their new album

Semy says:

:dozey:

!! Mike !! says:

oo i c lol

!! Mike !! says:

trust u, always somethin 2 do with coldplay

Semy says:

haha, thats right yeah

Semy says:

what you got some sort of problem with that, eh?

!! Mike !! says:

oo holy shit man, please dont come over here an hit me with ur old X & Y album

!! Mike !! says:

noooo

!! Mike !! says:

lol

Semy says:

haha

Semy says:

i won't want to scratch the CD mike

!! Mike !! says:

ino my point exactly, dont wanna ruin it

!! Mike !! says:

:lol:

Semy says:

I'll be hitting you with VIVA LA VIDA / DEATH & ALL HIS FRIENDS though if you're not too careful

Semy says:

with a name like that you have no chance

Semy says:

thats what the new album is called btw

!! Mike !! says:

what coldplays

!! Mike !! says:

bloody hell

Semy says:

yep

!! Mike !! says:

why the spanish