✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Jul-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Hello... is there anyone out there? That has communicating powers to the Coldplay Tour management that can give some definite answer on this date? There are alot of people with travel arrangements that are "up in the air"(no pun on words), but yes, anyone with some answers would be appreciated! Debs? If you come on this board or anyone with a connection? Come on Coldplay management! Does anyone not have their head up their ass! Answer please!

I spoke to Debs a couple of days ago to see if I could get a definitive list of the tour dates which have currently released. She said to keep checking Coldplay.com as any changes would appear there.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that leaves us with the date of June 29th to rely on....... I guess we should call the Wachovia Center on Monday. I don't know what started all this confusion, but I would love to give someone a swift kick in the pants (and that's putting it very nicely :whip:). It seems like LiveNation & Comcast may have jumped the gun by posting a date change that was not 100% firm. It is logical that the Philly concert is June 29, especially now that they're supposed to play Oakland CA on July 25. As Barb has said all along, it never made sense that they would drag their entire tour across the country for one day, and then back over to the West coast again in order to play Philly on July 25. So, after all this confusion and embarrassment, I feel 85% certain that Coldplay will be at the Wachovia Center on June 29th, even though we have e-mails from Comcast saying the date is July 25. I know that helps everyone.... :confused: :dizzy:

OK, now I am going to go listen to Strawberry Swing 10 times so I can get in a better mood! :)

OK, I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Comcast Tickets (1-877-546-7733). They still insist that July 25 is the date of the Coldplay concert in Philly. So, I am officially ready to be committed to a mental hospital. Does anyone communicate nowadays? How can Coldplay.com and LiveNation list the date as June 29 and Comcast state it's July 25? At any rate, I got off the phone with Comcast at 12:30 PM EDT on Saturday, June 7. I even told them that Coldplay was scheduled to be in Oakland, CA on July 25. But, no, they insisted that I should not travel to Philly on June 29, but rather on July 25. So, please don't shoot me if Comcast changes their mind at some point in time next week, but right now they would not budge from the rescheduled for July 25 chant. :wreck:

I just got off of the phone with Comcast Tix as well and they haven't been able to give me a straight answer as to why Coldplay is scheduled for Oakland, CA as well as Philadelphia, PA on July 25th, 2008. They did say that the web development team has been out because of prior commitments and therefore haven't been able to update the website. They also mentioned that the date originally scheduled, June 29, was both inconvenient for Coldplay as well as for booking the Wachovia Center (whatever that means). Unfortunately, they couldn't explain why livenation.com nor coldplay.com haven't updated their websites to reflect the changes. Still waiting for a straightforward answer...

Anyone still interested in the Coldplay Sign Gang, please send me a PM with your email address. We are still planning on distributing signs for June 29 *ahem* I mean July 25!

In other words, no one knows what the fuck is going on. What sort of prior commitment could a "web development team" have? A "conference" in Bermuda? Give me a *&^%$! break. I cannot take this incompetence any more. Nothing is listed on the Oakland arena's website for July 25, btw, and there's no link for purchasing tickets for that concert yet either on LiveNation. Somebody somewhere needs a good ass kicking for being 100% lousy at their job. :speechless: :smash:

The number for the Wachovia Center is (215) 336-3600 and the number for Comcast Tickets is (877) 546-7733. I think we should all call each number every day until we get a reliable and verifiable response. Maybe if we drive them nuts with our calls, someone will get off their lazy ass and do their job.

Hi Pam,

The event has been rescheduled for July 25th. If you find you can not attend that date refunds are being offered by calling 1800-298-4200 before July 25th.

Thank you and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Ashley

Customer Service

Customer Service [[email protected]]

This is becoming a nightmare!

yours isn't the only show experiencing confusion http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44945

Coldplay.com says one night. ticketmaster says anohter. and ticketmaster are selling tickets for the circus on the night coldplay are saying they're in town

So, there is definitely more than one concert with completely conflicting information out there:

http://www.hppsj.com/schedule/

HP Pavilion's site says San Jose Coldplay concert is July 18 while both

Live Nation & Coldplay say the San Jose concert is July 24.

On top of the fact that Coldplay obviously cannot play both Oakland and Philly on July 25.

I think this makes me feel even worse! Come on, someone needs to wake up and DO WHAT THEY GET PAID FOR!! SOMEONE has to know an accurate tour schedule!! WHO IS THIS PERSON!?! WHERE ARE THEY!?! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Now the artist page has changed again within this hour from June 25to June 29th! And the calendar is now showing June 29 from yesterday's July 25. Now just change the ticket page you fools! :smash:

Edit? OK, I am not crazy, but one artist page says still June 25th... the other artist page says June 29th...same artist page...but entered to it from two different ways! Yikes, I had enough for tonight! Tomorrow is another day! :toilet:

Okay so I have 101 row 6 tickets

but if they change it to july 25th there is absolute 0 chance ill be able to make it because im freaking going to be in china and have already bought thousand plus dollar plane tickets

SERIOUSLY WTF is going on.........

id say 'hey we still have time' ...but we really dont. june 29 is right around the corner. and id like to ...fucking know for sure when the concert is. this is screwing my schedule up personally and for work. and its completely fucking with people who are flying in for this show. i agree with whoever posted before that everyone should call comcast, and livenation, and etc etc, everyday..multiple times. bug the bajesus out of them until a straight answer is received.

ok so I went to Livenation and selected the Coldplay Philadelphia show which still says June 29th. I clicked on buy tickets, and selected 2 tickets (for best available) and it brought up 2 tickets in the upper deck. I went to proceed to checkout and it says in bold on the checkout page:

The Coldplay concert has been rescheduled for July 25, 2008 at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. Tickets for the original date of June 29, 2008 will be honored at the rescheduled show.

I would be inclined to believe that July 25th is the actual date. I am just annoyed that the official CP site has yet to announce this change.

ok so I went to Livenation and selected the Coldplay Philadelphia show which still says June 29th. I clicked on buy tickets, and selected 2 tickets (for best available) and it brought up 2 tickets in the upper deck. I went to proceed to checkout and it says in bold on the checkout page:

The Coldplay concert has been rescheduled for July 25, 2008 at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. Tickets for the original date of June 29, 2008 will be honored at the rescheduled show.

I would be inclined to believe that July 25th is the actual date. I am just annoyed that the official CP site has yet to announce this change.

The only problem with this theory is that Coldplay is on the West coast before and after July 25, AND they are scheduled to be in Oakland on July 25. There are just too many inconsistencies for me to accept July 25 is the real date. I'm starting to be more inclined that this concert will be straight up cancelled before it is played on July 25. I don't see how they can bring their entire tour & support group back across the US for one date, just to turn around, go back to the West coast and play at Pemberton on July 27. It's so illogical that it's practically unbelievable that July 25 is correct. If June 29th doesn't work for either the band or the Wachovia Center, then I am going to predict this concert will be simply cancelled, especially if ticket sales are bad as someone else mentioned.

The only problem with this theory is that Coldplay is on the West coast before and after July 25, AND they are scheduled to be in Oakland on July 25. There are just too many inconsistencies for me to accept July 25 is the real date. I'm starting to be more inclined that this concert will be straight up cancelled before it is played on July 25. I don't see how they can bring their entire tour & support group back across the US for one date, just to turn around, go back to the West coast and play at Pemberton on July 27. It's so illogical that it's practically unbelievable that July 25 is correct. If June 29th doesn't work for either the band or the Wachovia Center, then I am going to predict this concert will be simply cancelled, especially if ticket sales are bad as someone else mentioned.

Yep, it is nearly impossible for Coldplay to have thier stage setup and instruments moved across country in less than a day. It may be possible if they have two stage setups available (as some tours do), but even then, it seems like a very tiring and big hassle for the band and personnel. Also, the Philly date will easily sell out, so I doubt that they would cancel the show, but it may be rescheduled again. Hopefully, Coldplay.com will have an update on the tour dates this week.

On the LiveNation Coldplay tour page, it now says nothing under the ticket column regarding Oakland being canceled on July 25th, 2008. Furthermore, Comcast Tix changed the event date for the concert from June 25th (a typo, I believe...) to June 29th, 2008 (the original date).

Additionally, coldplay.com has not released an official date change announcement nor have they changed the date of the Philadelphia concert from the list of stops on the home page. I hope we hear something soon... the concert is (hopefully) 20 days away!

Cheers to Coldplay's Viva La Vida Tour

Jeers to the concert producers/venues not being able to correctly display the tour dates!

If you click on the link to buy tickets to the Philly concert, you are still led to the lovely Comcast Ticket webpage with the announcement that the concert is rescheduled for July 25. (The one Jasmyne refers to in her post). As of noon on Monday, June 9 EDT, this confusion is still not cleared up. I honestly can't take this moronic bullshit any more. Why can't people just do their damn jobs?

I think there is no way the concert will be on July 25 seeing as how they are supposed to be on the west coast. Also, their MySpace page confirms the 6/29 date. I mean come on, if we can't believe MySpace, what can we believe?

In all seriousness this is pretty messed up. The confusion has been lingering for a week now. You'd think someone would put an end to this a little quicker.

I went on ticketmaster, searched coldplay, and Philadelphia isn't listed at all. It says: "We do not have events scheduled in Greater Philadelphia Area".

Quick! Someone call & find out...I'm at work and can't (they're sticklers about the phone).

I went on ticketmaster, searched coldplay, and Philadelphia isn't listed at all. It says: "We do not have events scheduled in Greater Philadelphia Area".

Quick! Someone call & find out...I'm at work and can't (they're sticklers about the phone).

Same with Chicago and imagine, a few others. Management really needs to get their shit together the presale starts in 2 days according to best buy