✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Jul-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Its all fun and games until some guy is holding a sign in front of you while your trying to enjoy you no-view $100+ ticket

The last show in Philly, I don't think you attended, but there were instructions on the bottom of each sign to hold up for encore. The signs were held up waiting for the band to play the encore. The entire show was sign free until that moment which was pretty dramatic. Their photographer came out on the stage and took pictures or video of us. Before the band started their encore. Nobody complained, they were just impressed and the band sent a message back to us at the very end with one of the signs, on stage they reversed the words and held up "Coldplay Loves USA", sooo cool!

Just calm down, and have a great time! :D

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last show in Philly, I don't think you attended, but there were instructions on the bottom of each sign to hold up for encore. The signs were held up waiting for the band to play the encore. The entire show was sign free until that moment which was pretty dramatic. Their photographer came out on the stage and took pictures or video of us. Before the band started their encore. Nobody complained, they were just impressed and the band sent a message back to us at the very end with one of the signs, on stage they reversed the words and held up "Coldplay Loves USA", sooo cool!

Just calm down, and have a great time! :D

Ohhh ok, see I didn't know that, I thought this was going to be like some WWF wrestling match where everyones holding up a sign the whole time. Thats cool though

Jasmyne, the final Coldplay Sign Gang sign design should be sitting in your email inbox as of 10:20 PM EST. Thanks for helping out!

Remember, anyone else interested in becoming a member of Philly's Coldplay Sign Gang and help distribute signs should send me a PM!

Thanks!

I am disappointed for the posts and enthusiam not shown on the DC thread. Sounds like all the real fans on the board are hitting up the philly show. Anyone planning on hitting up the DC show too? I didn't plan on going to philly since DC is only the second show and its much closer since I live in balitmore (plus I couldnt' get anyone to spurge for tickets in philly too). I would love to see them opening up the tour in philly tho too but I wasn't able to get decent seat at general admisson time (thanks to all you ticket brokers for sucking up all the good seats in the first day :angry: ). Anyone got (1) decent ticket they wouldn't mind selling to a coldplay fan so he can see them opening up the tour? :wink3:

I need advice...

I go to school in Philly, but am in DC for the summer. I would rather go to the DC show, but am going to the Philly one because I have to be up at school the weekend of the show anyway for something. Wachovia, in my opinion, is not as good as Verizon from a venue standpoint, and its right next to my building in DC so I'd rather go to Verizon. Should I stay with my lower bowl tickets for Wachovia and go opening night or go just down the road to the DC show, try and get better tickets and sell off my Philly ones/trade with some of you guys?

Is opening night gonna be that sick with the signs and all that I shouldn't miss it?

Can someone please explain why this show isn't sold out yet. I mean, it's the first show of their first tour in three years. What's the deal? I thought it would have sold out very quickly.

yo philly people. the 29th will be here before we know it...i was talkin to a fellow philly concert goer about concerts in this city..see if you agree ...

ah nice, an outa towner coming to philly. i honestly think philly has the best concert fans, and def the best coldplay fans, in the country. ive seen shows from big time bands in other cities, and without bias i honestly think philly is the best. bands literally look blown away when they play here. but yes, i was part of the sign gang last time. should be a great time again this time.

basically, without bias, i can say that philly has the best music fans, coldplay included, anywhere. bands alwayyyys say "you guys are the best crowd" at every show, but in philly they reallllly are blown away and go out of their way to appreciate the crowd. its something special

Philly is a great city, Declaration of Independence, Liberty Bell, Rocky, and Philly Cheesesteaks (wit or witout)... ahh, can't wait to get my mouth around one of these...whoohoo! Great city needs a great band, "el presente!"... "Alltheistic Coldplay!" (I just wanted to use that word... it's a new Chris word) :) and Bump this Philly thread! :D

Hey everyone! We've decided on the final two Coldplay signs for the Philly concert. Members of the Coldplay Sign Gang have already received the .pdf files in their email inbox a few days ago, but anyone interested in passing out signs and becoming a member of the Coldplay Sign Gang should send me a PM.

Thanks,

ColdplayJoe

It's changed on Live Nation and I couldn't find on Ticketmaster? WTF! Why would they come from all the way across the country to do Philly? That doesn't even make any sense! What a waste of energy on that one! And as for myself will be losing money on my flights since they were nonrefundable! :(