✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Jul-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Hey everyone!

I have just emailed out copies of the final sign design for Friday's show. Please check your emails as soon as possible.

If anyone wants to become a member of the Coldplay Sign Gang and help distribute signs for Friday's Philadelphia concert, please send me a PM with your name, email address, and seat location!

Thanks,

ColdplayJoe

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obstructed view?

ok so ive never been to wachovia for a concert and im sitting in sec 224 for the coldplay concert. I went on comcastspectacor.com and looked at the virtual views and it was obustructed a bit by a row of amps do you think coldplay will have these amps at the 25th show?

Hey...to any Philly natives, or frequent visitors to the city....

I'll be driving down from North Jersey and planning to leave mid-afternoon to avoid rush hour traffic, so I'll be arriving a few hrs before the show starts. Never been to Philly or to the Wachovia Center, so have no idea where we could hang out before show time. I was thinking we'd get something to eat/drink, but dunno what the area around the venue is, or if there's some cool part of the city to check out, restaurant/pub/bar-wise.

Any ideas, tips????? THANKS!:)

South Street is great fun. And not too, too far from the venue.

Hey...to any Philly natives, or frequent visitors to the city....

I'll be driving down from North Jersey and planning to leave mid-afternoon to avoid rush hour traffic, so I'll be arriving a few hrs before the show starts. Never been to Philly or to the Wachovia Center, so have no idea where we could hang out before show time. I was thinking we'd get something to eat/drink, but dunno what the area around the venue is, or if there's some cool part of the city to check out, restaurant/pub/bar-wise.

Any ideas, tips????? THANKS!:)

Cooky, unfortunately the Wachovia Center is in the sports complex where there are not too many dining options. The closest option would be McFaddens at Citizen's Bank Park (where the Phillies play), but there is also a Phillies game that night, so the bar will be packed already.

A little further up Broad Street is a place called Chickies and Petes (http://www.chickiesandpetes.com/). It will also be mobbed, but probably less so than McFadden's and you are about a 15 minute walk back to the arena when you are done.

If you are in town early enough, another option is to park in Center City, where you have unlimited dining options, and just take SEPTA's Orange Line (Philly's mass transit system) down to the stadium, which drops you off right outside the Wachovia Center. That's what my wife and I are going to do.

As for a cool areas of the city where you can find lots of restaurants and bars, there is Old City (2nd and Chestnut), the South Street area (South Street from Front Street to 6th Street) or for something a little more "metropolitan" there is the Rittenhouse Square area (18th and Walnut Street). The possibilities are endless because Philly is an awsome restaurant town.

If you are driving to the sports complex and want to make the show on time - leave very early to make sure you get a parking spot, or have time to walk to the stadium. It can be a real mess down there when there are multiple events happening.

my printer is completely out of ink, and i don't think i'm getting more ink between now and the concert.

:( sorry!!!

by the way guys, i don't know if you already know, but there's gonna be a phillies vs. mets game starting the same time of the concert. those games are alllways sold out so, leave early!!!

i'm leaving round 5. :D

Hey. I may as well chime in, too, about the signs. Do you remember, Joe, I emailed you directly over a month ago that I didn't have the time or resources to print signs and be a part of the sign gang any longer regretfully? I will do what I can for my section. To date, I haven't printed any signs. I'll try to print some but I can't promise 500. I spend most of my time on the computer at work and printing them from work won't fly. I'll see what I can do.

And...I will be arriving to the show late. :cry: I have to work since we are shorthanded due to someone being on vacation. I work until 6, then I have to pick up my son and bring home, and then get my Dad for the show and we'llbe one our way. I'm thinking I'll get there around 8. Possibly later.

well i am very excited for this show after reading all the chicago show news!

what is bad is our show getting cancelled even it was declared to be a opening show of the tour first.

but any way now i am damn excited and want to see some new songs in our concert apart from the same setlist as chicago.

my seats are in sec 116 row 12 10 to 9 (me and my husband.)

but i think that this section is near to stage.

if the cameras are allowed are i can sneak it in some or some way then i'll definitely post my vids and pics here.

I will be printing off roughly 2,000 to 2,500 signs for distribution. I can give some signs to people who haven't been able to print them off (The Joker, etc.), but if you are able to print the signs, please bring your own! I will post more information tomorrow as to when I will be arriving at the Wachovia Center so that we can all meet before the show. Send me any PM's if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

ColdplayJoe

Excellent point Galaxy6013. I know that it might cost a little more money, but if you can't (and you probably shouldn't for the sake of your printer) print on your home printer, take a copy of each of the signs over to Kinkos or Staples. Their prices are reasonable when you print in bulk, black and white, on partially-recycled paper.

The concert does start at 8 PM, but some of the opening bands might play earlier, Robins32.

I am going to be bringing over 4,000 signs to the concert for distribution. I will be posting throughout the day as to the date I will be arriving at the concert. I am definitely going to need help bringing the signs in through security, so please everyone try to meet up with me with your signs as well before entering the concert. Additionally, please remember to bring your own signs as well (500-1000 most people committed to). The signs I am printing are in addition to the signs that you will be printing for the show. I am hoping that we can get the entire floor covered, along with some of the lower level seating (especially on the sides closest to the stage like 113, 114, 123, 124 and the back sections of 102 through 108).

I will post an update through our email tree as well. If you have any questions, either PM or email me!

Thanks,

ColdplayJoe

Hey everyone!

I will be arriving at the Wachovia Center between 5 to 5:45 PM, most likely towards the earlier time. I will be posting my cell phone number for members of the Coldplay Sign Gang so that they can call and check-in with me once they arrive at the venue. Seeing as I am bringing between 4,000-4,200 signs, I will definitely need help bringing them into the venue and checking in through security. When we meet up, I will give everyone some additional signs to bring into the arena.

What I am planning on is for the people with floor tickets to distribute signs to everyone seated in the floor area. Considering that people in specific bleacher sections are not allowed onto the floor without a floor ticket, we will need the assistance of everyone seated in the floor sections to help distribute signs to those areas. For the rest of us, we will be distributing signs throughout the lower level sections until we run out or we need to move towards the upper sections.

For those of you seated in the 200 section, please try to distribute signs to the lower 100 sections first, while saving some signs for your 200 section and the people seated around you.

For everyone in the Coldplay Sign Gang, please send me an email as to when you will be arriving, if possible, by no later than tomorrow, Friday July 25 at 9:00 AM EST.

Thanks again for everyone's enthusiasm!

Sincerely,

ColdplayJoe