✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Jul-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Chavi... the boys loved it the last time we distributed the signs back in 2006 for their final stop on the Twisted Logic Tour. They actually ripped our 'USA Loves Coldplay' sign to read 'Coldplay Loves USA'!

For everyone in the Coldplay Sign Gang:

I have just gotten 4,000 signs printed for the show tomorrow from Staples. 4,000 signs in black and white on recycled paper cost about $145-$175, depending on your corporate discount.

While waiting for the signs, I made a couple of quick estimates for the amount of signs needed just to cover the floor and first 17 rows of all of the lower level seats. They are listed as followed:

Sections A, B, C (Front Rows): 429 signs

Sections D, E (Middle Rows): 504 signs

Sections F-H (Seats around the front of the sound booth): 390 signs

Sections 106A-108A (Back Rows): 330 signs

Sections 114, 113, 101, 124: 1,300 signs

Sections 112-102: 3,800 signs

Sections 115, 125 (adjacent to the stage): 650 signs

To cover the entire floor, and all of the lower section (up to row 17): 7,403

Rough estimate to cover entire floor (with some slack): 8,000

Again, I will be bringing roughly 4,000 signs in addition to the additional 250 signs that I had left over from 2006. Therefore, if everyone else brings at least 500 signs each, we should be able to easily cover the lower level and floor seats.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or ideas, feel free to send me a PM or email.

Thanks,

ColdplayJoe

To put our efforts into perspective, the Wachovia Center holds roughly 19,000 - 21,000 persons depending on performance or sporting event.

With the 4,000 signs that I will be bringing into the concert, we will be covering roughly 21% of the entire capacity (equivalent to the entire floor and Sections 113, 114, 101, and 124)

With an additional 4,000 signs, we will be covering roughly 42% of the entire capacity (equivalent to the seats mentioned above as well as Sections 102-112 up to the 17th row)

If we can get 10,000 signs like last time, we can cover close to 53% of the arena, or the entire lower level and floor with enough extra to cover some of the CLUB seats or Section 200 seats.

I know that we can reach the goal of distributing 10,000 signs. Please send me a PM or email telling me how many signs you plan on distributing. As of right now, JasmyneBirch and I are going to be bringing 5,000 signs combined. Let's make this another stop in Philadelphia that Coldplay won't forget!

Sincerely,

ColdplayJoe

Woooooo can't wait for tommorow!!! Its finally here. I thought this was going to be the longest month long wait ever after they rescheduled.

BTW I'm going to be in section 1 so I could help with distribuition of the signs in that section if I get there early enough. Which I should becuase I'm going to be to excited not to drive up to philly super early.

Also, If anyone lives in philly and wants to see them in DC next sunday as well, I have a an extra ticket in section 120 becuase my friend bailed on me. Price negotiable.

Thanks Chavi... the boys loved it the last time we distributed the signs back in 2006 for their final stop on the Twisted Logic Tour. They actually ripped our 'USA Loves Coldplay' sign to read 'Coldplay Loves USA'!

I have just gotten 4,000 signs printed for the show tomorrow from Staples. 4,000 signs in black and white on recycled paper cost about $145-$175, depending on your corporate discount.

While waiting for the signs, I made a couple of quick estimates for the amount of signs needed just to cover the floor and first 17 rows of all of the lower level seats. They are listed as followed:

Again, I will be bringing roughly 4,000 signs in addition to the additional 250 signs that I had left over from 2006. Therefore, if everyone else brings at least 500 signs each, we should be able to easily cover the lower level and floor seats.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or ideas, feel free to send me a PM or email.

Thanks,

ColdplayJoe

fantastic effort Joe! :D :dance:

Thanks,

ColdplayJoe

Wow! That's impressive. Sounds like its gonna be as cool as last time, if not a million times better :D

I'm hoping that using the "I'm from coldplaying.com, the official Coldplay fansite, and we are distributing signs for a band recognition community campaign" will be enough to get my 4,200 signs through security...

Ian, could you write me a (doctor's) note ;)

I'm hoping that using the "I'm from coldplaying.com, the official Coldplay fansite, and we are distributing signs for a band recognition community campaign" will be enough to get my 4,200 signs through security...

Ian, could you write me a (doctor's) note ;)

you've got a mild case of tonsilitis, drink lots of beer, here's 5000 sicknotes :)

Attention Coldplay Sign Gang Members!

Please be on the lookout for an email from me tonight regarding finalized plans for tomorrow. If you still haven't sent me a message with how many signs you are planning on bringing, please do so by tomorrow at 12:00 PM! Also, if everyone could mention in that email when they plan on arriving, we will try to coordinate a central meet-up area.

Thanks,

ColdplayJoe

Haha, that would be awesome!

Attention Coldplay Sign Gangers:

Both Ian and I are currently talking with the Oxfam head coordinator to see if they could possibly use our sign campaign as an additional means of promoting Oxfam as well as coldplaying.com. If things work out, we might be able to volunteer as Oxfam members for the evening. While distributing the signs, we might also hand out small Oxfam fliers, pins, etc.

Nothing is certain at this point, so as of right now, our plans will still be to meet in front of the Wachovia Center before the concert or to meet at my seats in Section 113, Row 3 before beginning our sign distribution. I will be in contact with everyone throughout the evening and will post an update sometime tonight.

Thanks everyone for your ongoing efforts!

Sincerely,

ColdplayJoe

instead if they keep Coldplay loves Philadelphia or New Jersey that will be even more awesome.:rolleyes:

they have to play some extra tracks for us in the encore because we all waited a long for this rescheduled concert and some one must definitely request it in the audience.

And yeah we are pretty special people because Coldplay always used to play here 2 or 3 times last time in 2005 and 2006.

but this time it is only 1 time they're doing.

This is honestly just so ridiculous.:embarassed:

Hate for this to be my first post, (long time lurker, recent sign up) but i have two tickets I'm selling. Section 102 row 8. Don't know what seats Ill give up, but i have 6 altogether. If interested, please pm me tonight.

Ugh, Im not going to be able to get really hyped or enjoy this show if i don't get rid of these...last time i get tickets for people.