✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Jul-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT Comcast Tix is the only site listing the concert date as July 25. Everywhere else, including Coldplay.com lists the date as June 29. JBella76, you need to begin your ticket search on LiveNation.com. Since the Wachovia Center is owned/managed/whatever by Comcast, Comcast Tickets is selling the concert tickets for Coldplay in Philly, not technically Ticketmaster itself, though usually Ticketmaster will redirect you to Comcast Tix.

http://www.livenation.com/artist/getArtist/artistId/20505/

when you go to purchase tickets from comcasttix and click on the buy tab for coldplay it says that the show is now july 25. if anybody can't make the date and has good tickets pm me. thanks.

Coldplay cannot play both Oakland, CA and Philly on July 25. This date change needs to be confirmed by someone who appears to have a damn brain in their head. And so far, no one has come forward to explain all of these concert date conflicts and straighten Coldplay's tour schedule out on every relevant website. It's getting to be unfuckingbelievable. :angry:

I've just posted a scathing email on their 'ask a question' page. Right now I just feel like kicking Coldplay's concert promoter in the "special balls" Chris had mentioned...

Edit: Message Attached -- I'll post the response if I ever receive one...

Live Nation Support

Thank you for contacting Live Nation. We will do our best to address your inquiry in a timely manner. We are working hard to improve our services and appreciate your inquiry.

Question Reference #080609-000334

Summary: Philadelphia, PA Coldplay Concert (June 29th, 2008)

Category Level 1: Concert Questions

Category Level 2: PA

Category Level 3: Other

Date Created: 06/09/2008 07:04 PM

Last Updated: 06/09/2008 07:04 PM

Discussion Thread

Customer 06/09/2008 07:04 PM

Could someone please explain whether or not the Coldplay concert scheduled for June 29th, 2008 in Philadelphia, PA at the Wachovia Center has been kept the same or rescheduled for July 25th, 2008? I cannot believe that neither Live Nation, Comcast Tix, nor coldplay.com have been able to confirm the actual date. The scheduled concert date is only 3 weeks away, yet the people who have purchased $200+ have no idea whether to drive to Philadelphia on June 29th (like your website says) or on July 25th (like the official Comcast Tix website says). Please explain how such a large tour could be so improperly managed...

Coldplay

Opening: TBD

Date & Time On Sale Date & Time Buy Tickets

June 29, 2008 - 8:00 pm May 16, 2008 - 10:00 am

Ticket Prices: $97.50, $77.50, $49.50

Stage: end stage

Seating Chart

*Whistles Jeopardy Song...*

I sent an email to Live Nation two days ago and they never answered! Very similar to yours Joe, only I said I was flying in, guess it really doesn't matter how we are getting there, just when? I have never experienced this confusion ever ever in all the years of concerts. Debs may have a more direct contact don't you think? [email protected]

Ticketmaster seems to be not listing any of the concerts that are being talked about on this forum as having conflicting information. Could it be that this tour schedule is still not 100% firm?? Philly is not listed at all on Ticketmaster as of tonight:

From Ticketmaster:

Wed, 07/02/08

07:30 PM Verizon Center

Washington, DC Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Thu, 07/03/08

07:30 PM XL CENTER

Hartford, CT Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Sat, 07/05/08

07:30 PM Palace of Auburn Hills

Auburn Hills, MI Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Sun, 07/06/08

07:30 PM Quicken Loans Arena

Cleveland, OH Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Tue, 07/08/08

07:30 PM Xcel Energy Center

Saint Paul, MN Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Wed, 07/09/08

07:30 PM Sprint Center

Kansas City, MO Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Thu, 07/10/08

07:30 PM Ford Center

Oklahoma City, OK Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Sat, 07/12/08

07:30 PM JOBING.COM ARENA

Glendale, AZ Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Mon, 07/14/08

07:30 PM The Forum

Inglewood, CA Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Tue, 07/15/08

07:30 PM The Forum

Inglewood, CA Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Fri, 07/18/08

07:30 PM HP Pavilion At San Jose

San Jose, CA Coldplay

More Info »

presale begins:

Thu, 06/12/08 10:00 AM

Sat, 07/19/08

08:00 PM MGM Grand Hotel

Las Vegas, NV Coldplay

Find Tickets »

Mon, 08/04/08

07:30 PM TD Banknorth Garden

Boston, MA Coldplay

More Info »

presale begins:

Thu, 06/12/08 10:00 AM

Tue, 11/11/08

07:30 PM Philips Arena

Atlanta, GA Coldplay

More Info »

presale begins:

Thu, 06/19/08 10:00 AM

Sat, 11/15/08

07:30 PM Scottrade Center

St Louis, MO Coldplay

More Info »

presale begins:

Thu, 06/26/08 10:00 AM

ive found, not just for coldplay, that philly isnt listed. even when theyre a stop. its very strange, so i tend to not look at ticketmaster. but the weirdest thing is that on that comcast tix page...yes, it does say JULY 25 when you actually click to buy the tickets...but on the same page it has a huge picture promoting the concert for JUNE 29. also on their calender its june 29. so...the same site is contradicting itself.

wtf?!

Coldplay Jul. 25, 2008 - 8:00 pm Wachovia Center May 16, 2008 - 10:00 am

This was posted on the see all events section of the Comcast Wachovia Center website. The weird thing is that most dates that have been rescheduled say "rescheduled!" next to the artist's name. Weird...

Coldplay Sign Gang Members,

Please send me an email if you are still interested in distributing signs for either the June 29th or July 25th date. I am currently in the process of compiling the seating assignments, emails, coldplaying.com usernames, and distribution locations for each of the current Coldplay Sign Gang Members. I will be sending that email to you all by the end of the week.

Thanks,

ColdplayJoe (Joe)

P.S. -- Keep sending those emails or making calls to Comcast Tix or whomever so that we can finally receive an official statement regarding the actual date of the Philadelphia show. I know that bta5857, airieslady, myself, and others on this thread have been doing their fair share of calling/emailing. Check the link posted by Ebs to send emails to Live Nation and check out the phone numbers listed by bta for Comcast Tix/Wachovia Center!

From Coldplay.com:

We're very sorry, but unfortunately Coldplay have had to move the dates of some of the previously-announced US shows. The band have experienced some production delays which mean that the show simply won't be ready for June 29. It's very frustrating but they promise you a show worthy of your patience and understanding when they start in mid-July. All tickets remain valid, but refunds will be available from the point of purchase if you're unable to make it to the new date. Click here to view the full revised routing.

14/07/08: Los Angeles, CA

15/07/08: Los Angeles, CA

18/07/08: San Jose, CA

19/07/08: Las Vegas, NV

23/07/08: Chicago, IL

25/07/08: Philadelphia, PA

27/07/08: Pemberton, BC

29/07/08: Montreal, QC

30/07/08: Toronto, ON

02/08/08: Hartford, CT

03/08/08: Washington, DC

04/08/08: Boston, MA

09/08/08: Osaka

10/08/08: Tokyo

01/09/08: Strasbourg

02/09/08: Mannheim

04/09/08: Lyon

06/09/08: Barcelona

07/09/08: Madrid

09/09/08: Paris

12/09/08: Cologne

14/09/08: Hamburg

It's official, Philly is on July 25th according to Coldplay.com

Lame about the new schedule..Especially the part of me seeing them in DC on the 2nd show of the tour...which is now the 2nd to last date in America before they go to Canada. Oh well. I feel better now that I was able to get a philly ticket (Section 1 Row 12) for face value :D

please tell me how you got that?

We are going to be missing both you and Pam at the show :(

I'm sorry that everything has just become such a big mess. It would be nice for Comcast Tix or someone to partially reimburse you for the Philadelphia show (or your travel expenses) because of the rescheduling. Maybe you'll both be able to print some of the signs for the Orlando concert if you attend together!

Barb, thanks again for your enthusiasm and support of the Coldplay Sign Gang for the upcoming Philadelphia show. We'll all miss your presence at the concert. Keep sending me emails every now and then to keep in touch. Hopefully we'll get to go to a show together sometime!

Sincerely,

Joe

I agree. I was looking forward to meeting everyone. You and Pam will be missed!

We are going to be missing both you and Pam at the show :(

I'm sorry that everything has just become such a big mess. It would be nice for Comcast Tix or someone to partially reimburse you for the Philadelphia show (or your travel expenses) because of the rescheduling. Maybe you'll both be able to print some of the signs for the Orlando concert if you attend together!

Barb, thanks again for your enthusiasm and support of the Coldplay Sign Gang for the upcoming Philadelphia show. We'll all miss your presence at the concert. Keep sending me emails every now and then to keep in touch. Hopefully we'll get to go to a show together sometime!

Sincerely,

Joe

Just wanted to throw out that if anyone can't make it to the rescheduled Philly show and would like their tickets to go to a real fan (who you hopefully won't rip off), please PM me!

A friend of mine was supposed to come through with tickets for me, but unfortunately, that ended up falling through, so I didn't buy tickets when they went on sale. Stupid idea on my part, honestly. So please let me know! It'd be very much appreciated. ;)