✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Nov-08: Houston - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a night!!

Wow! What a great concert and evening!! I'm exhausted and still on cloud 9 all at the same time. It's tough to get back home (near the Woodlands) at 12:30am and have to get up with my daughter to get her ready for school at 6:05am!! Yikes, but WELL worth it!!!

Any chance any of you guys saw me frantically waving my sign in Section B last night??? :laugh3:I tried to be really polite about when I put it up so I didn't block others view behind me. However, I had it up after Clocks (i think) and was jumping up and down with it and Chris actually looked right at me and said....

"We hope you have a good time tonight and KEEP WAVING THOSE BANNERS!!" I could have died right then and there! That made it worth lugging that thing around all night even if they didn't play Moses as my sign asked them to! :rolleyes:

I wish I had been able to meet Angie or Pris, but I never got over to their section. Maybe next time!

Well, back to reality and the countdown to the EP release next week.

Wish I could be in Dallas for the show tonight, too....

Susan

Wow! What a great concert and evening!! I'm exhausted and still on cloud 9 all at the same time. It's tough to get back home (near the Woodlands) at 12:30am and have to get up with my daughter to get her ready for school at 6:05am!! Yikes, but WELL worth it!!!

Any chance any of you guys saw me frantically waving my sign in Section B last night??? :laugh3:I tried to be really polite about when I put it up so I didn't block others view behind me. However, I had it up after Clocks (i think) and was jumping up and down with it and Chris actually looked right at me and said....

"We hope you have a good time tonight and KEEP WAVING THOSE BANNERS!!" I could have died right then and there! That made it worth lugging that thing around all night even if they didn't play Moses as my sign asked them to! :rolleyes:

I wish I had been able to meet Angie or Pris, but I never got over to their section. Maybe next time!

Well, back to reality and the countdown to the EP release next week.

Wish I could be in Dallas for the show tonight, too....

Susan

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. :D

Cooky, can I please nick that one ^ for future use?

No prob!:smiley:

“It’s good karma,” he said.

It's COLDPLAY Karma!!!!:dance:

It's the fucking best, isn't it?!?!?!:D I have my sign up in my room, and whenever I look at it and remember "the look" I got, it makes me all happy inside. :heart:

TRAGEDY my laptop charger broke

so im in the computer lab at school for the next like 2 hours.. yippee.

at least i dont have to be on myphone :P

ok whatd i miss?

oh yeah that guy is an ASSHOLE. dont write a 'concert review' if you already hate theband; its called being biased and youre a bad journalist for even attempting it.

im all for freedom and speech and having your own opinion on things and everything... but this guy's just a dick.

Concert Review: Coldplay at Toyota Center

Before last night, Houstonist may have told you, "Eh...they're OK live, but we haven't been blown away" if you'd asked whether or not you should go see the show. But, that was before last night. Although we weren't blown away (think David Bowie at The Woodlands in 2006), we gained a much better appreciation for Coldplay as live entertainers.

The crowd was immediately engaged as the band took the stage playing Life in Technicolor. The energy continued to mount sending a tingle through the arena as Clocks followed shortly after. The music may be a bit mellow at times, but frontman Chris Martin could energize a rock with his dancing and flailing around the stage.

Martin and guitarist Jonny Buckland mugged for the photographers on the stage right set extension early in the show. Later, the pair were joined by drummer Will Champion and bassist Guy Berryman on the stage left extension for God Put a Smile on Your Face that evoked images of the group playing Rock Band as Champion banged an electronic drum kit and Martin played a small upright piano with Buckland and Berryman crammed in between like teenagers trying to fit between the TV, coffee table and recliner.

The highlight performance of the show was Lovers in Japan. The energetic piano riffs and snare propelled the crowd as Japanese imagery filled the screen. Brightly colored paper butterflies fluttered by the audience in the floor seats.

Coldplay concluded the hour forty five minute show with a one song encore - Yellow. We left the building with our ears ringing and the chorus to Viva La Vida playing on a loop through our head.

http://houstonist.com/2008/11/19/concert_review_coldplay_at_toyota_c.php

grooo1.jpg

grooo2.jpg

grooo3.jpg

grooo4.jpg

grooo5.jpg

grooo6.jpg

grooo7.jpg

grooo8.jpg

grooo9.jpg

grooo10.jpg

grooo11.jpg

grooo12.jpg

grooo13.jpg

grooo14.jpg

grooo15.jpg

PRISSSSS....come out come out, wherever you are....

I think she stole Guy in her carry-on, and is too busy to come tell us her story LOL:sneaky:

Quote:Originally Posted by
Mimixxx;2638481

“It’s good karma,” he said.

HOLY CRAP! even the Coldplay CREW have Coldplay Karma!!

I had once told Christa, jokingly, that I registered the term Coldplay Karma. 'cause I added the ®. But now I'm thinking I should do it for real, 'cause I'd be making a ton of money!!! Or would it be a ©?? Just from the times it's used around here I could quit my job :lol:

OK, Jen's gone...I guarantee something will happen now...why does that happen when she leaves? :uhoh:

I dunno. but #42 is good at posting stuff when I log off. nobody loves me :cry:

thanks for all the reviews & photos, looking good :D

PRISSSSS....come out come out, wherever you are....

I think she stole Guy in her carry-on, and is too busy to come tell us her story LOL:sneaky:

I had once told Christa, jokingly, that I registered the term Coldplay Karma. 'cause I added the ®. But now I'm thinking I should do it for real, 'cause I'd be making a ton of money!!! Or would it be a ©?? Just from the times it's used around here I could quit my job :lol:

dude you should! :P